Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Carving

New mug by Flounder

Pages: 1 2 87 replies

M

Hi,
I listened to a lot of you and I'm glad to say that we're working on a new design with our friend Flounder (www.flounderart.com). He's come up with a great design which is shown below...

I then tweaked the design's dimensions just a bit to make it a good, friendly tiki mug size and did a bit of colorization and this is the result...

Now Flounder and I originally discussed this as a January 2005 launch as we've got A LOT of other mugs in the works but I'm pushing this one up... it'll be out likely in mid-Summer.

This one's already been named (don't worry though, we've still got a lotta namin' to do!). I think the name's a pretty good combination of the oriental aesthetic and the flames. We proudly bring you...

"Flame Man Chu" by Flounder.

If you want to pre-book now and won't call us 39 times to check on the status (it'll be out mid-Summer!), then please feel free to call us at (800) 357-3360 and specify the following:

Item Nr. BA078
Item Name: FLAME MAN CHU
Price: $10.95/each

Mahaloz!
Holden

[ Edited by: smogbreather on 2004-03-03 20:36 ]

8T

Hey that's nice guys. I will have to reserve one just as I have Geckos & BK's (hale tiki).
Since they have all become so successful with their works, it's the only way I will be able to afford any of their artwork. This is very nice getting to see our TC artists creations being released in mug form!!!
Kudos to Holden for making it happen.

Super duper spectacular! I dig the mug...gots to get me one of those babys!

S

Cool, he can bring these puppies to Hukilau!

VERY COOL! (Flames never go out of style for me).

P

I'll take 3. One for me. One for an important guest. One for Flouder if he ever shows up at the Lagoon because I'm terribly afraid of him.

It's pure terror.
Someone help me.

I'll still take three.
Just in case no one helps.

P

By the way.... that's a lively design.
Lot's of character.

Great vibe.

Something tiki wicked this way comes. I love it! The Asian eyes, flames, scrollwork and open mouth remind me of carnival haunted house/freak show artwork I used to see at the Kansas State Fair before it went PC. I almost expect a cart of screaming kids to issue from the mouth.

downright Flounderific it is.

-Z

Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeet!! Love it! Flames rock! Makes me want to go Arrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!

On 2004-03-04 10:21, RevBambooBen wrote:
Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeet!! Love it! Flames rock! Makes me want to go Arrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!

yeh Rev, as so few other things do... :)

i'm all discombobulated by the sheer artistic genius emanating from TC ohana...

[ Edited by: Johnny Dollar on 2004-03-04 10:31 ]

I'll definitely be picking up a couple of those sweet mugs, great design flounder!

Flounder,
I like it. I might even have to buy one if you promise to fill it with dark Cruzan rum for me.
KG

[ Edited by: Kailuageoff on 2004-03-04 11:24 ]

I love it! Nice work guys. I showed my husband and he said we had to have 3, so I just pre-ordered them.

[ Edited by: vwtikigirl on 2004-03-04 12:37 ]

Thanks everyone.

Holden, thanks for the thread and for pushing up the date on these suckers. What a nice surprise.

Geoff, you didn't think I was going to give you the good stuff did ya. I save the Cruzan 2 year old for people like you.

Pablus, don't push me or I'll attack you like a 140lb. squirrel on crack.

TB

Congrats on your upcoming mug FLOUNDERart, it looks fantastic!

B

FLOUNDER, Way, Way to go . Really love the detail. You are raising the bar..

G
GECKO posted on Thu, Mar 4, 2004 11:59 PM

congrats Flounda! lookin' hot like Hawaiian chilli peppa water!! Great design! I look towards da finished product!

Congrats Flounder!

Great stuff!

I'm a sucker for anything with flames, but this takes it a step beyond. My order is in.

[ Edited by: nice fishy on 2004-03-05 13:30 ]

There is also going to be a painting of the mug in the style that I did the suitcase for Holden in. The painting will acompany the mug in the Tiki Farm catalogs. I also will probably be doing prints of this piece.

This is the the Holden suitcase.

Original Art by Flounder

http://www.flounderart.com

[ Edited by: FLOUNDERart on 2004-03-05 19:01 ]

Rock on Bro! Would love to see your art plasterd everywhere. You are one talented mofo! (you also remind me of Mr. Pink !!!)Maybe you could give Shag a little time to hang with his family and take up some of the slack.I'm sure he would like that. I only see good things your way!!!

(unless you act like me!! Arrrrrrrrrr!!!)

Pollock and Van Gough attitudes don't go to well with the Moral Tiki Majority! But, F' em!! They get what they get!

B

I agree with the Rev BB. Hang on I think you're going for a Sweet Ride.

On 2004-03-05 21:24, RevBambooBen wrote:
Rock on Bro! Would love to see your art plasterd everywhere. You are one talented mofo! (you also remind me of Mr. Pink !!!)Maybe you could give Shag a little time to hang with his family and take up some of the slack.I'm sure he would like that. I only see good things your way!!!

(unless you act like me!! Arrrrrrrrrr!!!)

Pollock and Van Gough attitudes don't go to well with the Moral Tiki Majority! But, F' em!! They get what they get!

Much appreciated Ben and Ben.

Mr.Pink....Damnit I want to be Mr. Brown, why can't I be Mr. Brown. Actually that's not even close to being the first time I've heard that.

Arrrrrrrrrrrr!

Doh! (it was supposed to be this one!!!)

http://www.audioautographs.com/tiki/arrrr.mp3

Arrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!

Here's the sketch for the painting that will accompany the mug. Hope you like!

Original Art by Flounder

[ Edited by: FLOUNDERart on 2004-03-18 10:19 ]

Well I finally got around to the painting. Let me know what you all think. I'm thinking about doing prints of the painting, if the responce is good and people are interested in buying .

I think it would be cool to have a print that went with the actual mug.

Original Art by Flounder

[ Edited by: FLOUNDERart on 2004-04-30 13:35 ]

N

That is a awesome painting Flounder. I would definitely buy the print.

TB

Outstanding Flounder, like the volcano in the background. Would buy as well.

[ Edited by: Tiki Bird on 2004-04-30 14:19 ]

V

I want it, I want it, I want it.....

On 2004-03-06 06:35, FLOUNDERart wrote:

Mr.Pink....Damnit I want to be Mr. Brown, why can't I be Mr. Brown. Actually that's not even close to being the first time I've heard that.

Arrrrrrrrrrrr!

ever seen together in the same place?

Count me in for the print too!

I am SO there. Count me in for one of those sweeeet prints.

Definately count me in for both mug and print, nice!

T

I'm for both as well. I just need more space. I think I am finally reaching the "TIki CLutter Stage" Hooorahh!

Flounder,
Another masterpiece!
Please count me in for a print.

D

Flounder... wow.. put me down for a print and mug .. (are you taking orders.. i dont want to miss this one!)

thanks for posting the line drawing, and then in its finished form..a colorful masterpiece..

M

Very nice stuff! I'll definitely own the mug and hopefully the print. Have you set a price on the print?

ModMana :drink:

Wow, thanks for the great response.

I haven't set any price because I have to find someone to print them first and find out how much it cost for the printing.

Thanks everyone.

[ Edited by: FLOUNDERart on 2004-05-02 06:01 ]

Nice. Very nice.
KG

AAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHH!!!!!!

Flounder you talented bastard!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was swearing off the Tiki Farm Limited editions, trying to put away money and here you come out with an absolutely amazing mug! So I stupidly think I can resist the urge. And then the print!!!! It is absolutely amazing!!!!!!! And I must say I've enjoyed watching your style progress and impress!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So I'll eat Peanut Butter and Jelly sandwhiches for a week to save up for this puppy.

Tiki (Slave to Flounder Art) Gardener

[ Edited by: TikiGardener on 2004-05-03 21:20 ]

The print and mug looks great! I would definitely order a mug with the print. The set is a keeper Flounder!!!!

On 2004-05-03 21:06, TikiGardener wrote:
AAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHH!!!!!!

Flounder you talented bastard!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was swearing off the Tiki Farm Limited editions, trying to put away money and here you come out with an absolutely amazing mug! So I stupidly think I can resist the urge. And then the print!!!! It is absolutely amazing!!!!!!! And I must say I've enjoyed watching your style progress and impress!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So I'll eat Peanut Butter and Jelly sandwhiches for a week to save up for this puppy.

Tiki (Slave to Flounder Art) Gardener

[ Edited by: TikiGardener on 2004-05-03 21:20 ]

See there, Flounder? You made him fall off of the wagon :)

B

Flo,,,,, It's getting close to trade time..what do you want?
After I finish my list, lets talk.

Here's a pic of the mug from the first run.

Holden said they will be arriving in August.

Original Art by
Scott "Flounder" Scheidly

[ Edited by: FLOUNDERart on 2004-08-24 06:56 ]

That's the Bee's Knees!
Very Cool!

I think I know what I will be drinking out of at the Hukilau.

[ Edited by: Tiki-Toa on 2004-07-18 11:16 ]

Pages: 1 2 87 replies