Look forward to owning it.

B

Yep Flounder I think I'll have to have one also

W
wushu posted on Sun, Jul 18, 2004 1:45 PM

Wicked Awesome mug Sir Flounder, huzzah huzzah

Thanks everyone.

They will be available at Hukilau.

I gotta hold one of these personally at the Bahooka show on 7/10. Man it looks great! Thanks for the sneak peak SCD & Holden.

Tbird.

Holden just received the first batch of the Flame Man Chu mugs that he will be distributing to key customers.

The next batch will be coming on Monday.

I will have a couple dozen of these at Hukilau as well. Maybe more.

I just finished framing the Flame Man Chu. Here it is with the mug superimposed. The painting is much bigger than the mug.

S

Great mug Flounder! I am definitely picking one up.

I just got my mugs from the farm, and they are super cool fu man chu. If you didn't order one I suggest you do. Maybe even two like me. Congrats on a very cool mug and to the Farm for doing another fantastic job.

FLOUNDERart, any new info on the prints?

G
GECKO posted on Thu, Aug 26, 2004 1:27 AM

Congrats once again Flonda, I really enjoy these type of paintings that you do. Nice mug cuz!

shaka

On 2004-08-25 12:30, Tiki Bird wrote:
FLOUNDERart, any new info on the prints?

I'm workin on the prints. Let ya know!

K
Kono posted on Thu, Aug 26, 2004 9:20 AM

On 2004-08-25 12:26, net-tiki wrote:
I just got my mugs from the farm, and they are super cool fu man chu. If you didn't order one I suggest you do. Maybe even two like me. Congrats on a very cool mug and to the Farm for doing another fantastic job.

I'm not seeing them on the Tiki Farm web site. Am I missing something?

TB

Just got mine as well yesterday, thanks SCD! The mug looks great in person.

Kono, I pre-ordered mine a long time ago when they first announced the mug. I think it is at the beginning of this thread if you take a look.

T

I also believe he will be selling these at his table at Hukilau, but maybe he can confirm that.

The mug should be on the Tiki Farm site soon.
I will have a limited amount of mugs at Hukilau.
I will have the Flame Man Chu prints in about two weeks.

We are so stoked with Flame Man Chu! The website is nearly completely re-built and ready for launch along with all of our other new items...

Uh Oh Tongo!
Tiki Goddess
Mini Hot Head and...
The Pocket Kahuna
Plus all of the other new glazes, further updated retirees and such.

I'm so happy to do what I do. In the "trenches o' Tiki", it can be quite the workload but it's a burden o' loooovvvve babby! Keep an eye on our site... Flame Man Chu Splash intro soon! Flounder rocks!

Mahaloz!
Holden

Without reading, How do I sign up for one of these bad ass Flounder Mugs? I'm gonna alter it a little and mount it to my new flame thrower! This one shoots 10 feet!! Burn baby, Burn!!! Joe's "Hot Head" sits on the propane tank, all proud.

On 2004-08-30 23:25, RevBambooBen wrote:
Without reading, How do I sign up for one of these bad ass Flounder Mugs? I'm gonna alter it a little and mount it to my new flame thrower! This one shoots 10 feet!! Burn baby, Burn!!! Joe's "Hot Head" sits on the propane tank, all proud.

You call me bruddah! BUY MORE BENNO STUFF... retire off of it 'cuz it will outpace the Nasdaq 100!
Holden

Got mine yesterday. It looks good on a number of levels. Nice job by everyone involved.

On 2004-08-31 05:52, Raffertiki wrote:
Got mine yesterday. It looks good on a number of levels. Nice job by everyone involved.

Must be nice!

It's funny it just occured to me that I still don't have one.

Holden Rocks!

it is always the artist who must suffer...

:P

I just got mine delivered to work today. Thanks to Scott and Holden, this is one of the best yet. Design is kick ass, and the craftsmanship from Tiki Farm top notch as always.

look forward to pickin up the mug and print at hukilau.....hope you have them there!!.....by the way, what size will the print be flounder?

M

Flounder,

That's awesome that your mug is featured on the Tiki Farm's splash page! That's gotta make you proud. Congrats and I can't wait to own one.

On 2004-09-02 10:58, hala bullhiki wrote:
look forward to pickin up the mug and print at hukilau.....hope you have them there!!.....by the way, what size will the print be flounder?

The print paper size is 13" x 19" The actual printed area is 11" x 16.5".

I will only have two dozen mugs at Hukilau. Tiki Farm has sold all the mugs already. Holden has told me that he has orders for around 4500 per year. Tiki Hut will be recieving 3000 per year which will have their logo on the mug. I can't wait to get one with their logo on it. Actually I can't wait to just get a Flame Man Chu!!!

On 2004-09-02 11:46, MachTiki wrote:
Flounder,

That's awesome that your mug is featured on the Tiki Farm's splash page! That's gotta make you proud. Congrats and I can't wait to own one.

Yeah that is very cool!!! I didn't know it was up and just saw it for the first time. Very cool!

I now have the Flame Man Chu prints.

The paper size is 13"x19" and the actual printed area is11"x16.5".

Each one is hand signed.

Price is $40 + shipping

If you want one please send your address so I can figure out shipping cost.

B

Of course your Art is Mind Blowing in person. Its just like any other art, photos never do it justice, However I was not prepared for how good it Really is. Just Fantastic Flounder. I'm fortunate to have met you and seen your work face to face.
PLUS I had the good fortune to Smudge a FLOUNDERart Signature on one of his incredible new mugs. I'll never wash that hand again. Well maybe after a few weeks. OK maybe Now.

[ Edited by: Benzart on 2004-09-29 18:52 ]

yeah, photos really dont do it justice, we scored a print and matching mug at hukilau, great stuff indeed!

PI

I bought one of these mugs this weekend at Hilo Hattie. I think I'll get the matching print too! Awesome.

T

Just got mine a bit ago from a store near me that I just found. my new favorite store. Its nice cuase the mugs are cheaper than that of the farm web site.

Flounder I got to see one of your originals close up. It was an erotic art show. I didn't know it was yours but I thought wow this one is done good and looks familiar.
Flounder what type of paint do you usually work with and what type did you use on the suitcases. Is it just painted on the material (like leather) of the suitcase. And it stays on good and all? Protected?

You are probably the most classicly trained artist to paint in this field of tiki.

I was using acrylic but just started to work with oils again.

I used acrylic on the suitcases then coated them with shellac. Sand the surface first.

I'm not sure about the durability of them. I would have to say carry-on only.

B

Hi there FLOUNDER, long time no see. How is your new house , got everything unpacked yet?

On 2005-04-16 17:42, Benzart wrote:
Hi there FLOUNDER, long time no see. How is your new house , got everything unpacked yet?

Not even close to unpacked! I have half the place gutted right now.

I'll be around TC more often now that I'm on line in my studio.

See ya.

B

HappyHappyHappy

Flounder,
I went to Cocoa yesterday to pick up my new barkcloth cushions and about fell over that white space age chair you bought in Ft. Lauderdale -- at least I assume it was yours. Those guys do great work.
KG

On 2005-04-19 14:54, Kailuageoff wrote:
Flounder,
I went to Cocoa yesterday to pick up my new barkcloth cushions and about fell over that white space age chair you bought in Ft. Lauderdale -- at least I assume it was yours. Those guys do great work.
KG

OH SHIT! I almost forgot about that. OK I did. We gave that to them in the begining of Nov. and they still didn't have it done when we were ready to move. They said it would be done the day we were moving but it was a busy day and we forgot.

So how did it look?

It looked like it was ready for blast-off! I asked the lady if she knew whose it was and she said she had forgotten. You might want to call them.

[ Edited by: Kailuageoff on 2005-04-20 13:20 ]

Pages: 1 2 87 replies