Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

So Cal International Tiki Day Celebration at Sam's Seafood?

Pages: 1 35 replies

PLEASE POST RE: INT TIKI DAY ON OTHER THREAD

[ Edited by: Tiki_Bong on 2004-03-15 12:00 ]

TB

Utopiandreem & I are in!

A

We're in
Mahalo,
Al

I'm in.

H

I'm in

That party last year was the best.

S

Sam's Seafood would be a fine place for the International Tiki Day Celebration!

T & A are in! :wink:

M

We'll be there. Baxdog's place was absolutely perfect last year and they were the greatest hosts. But Sam's will certainly work if we need a new location.

ModMana :drink:

If I won't be in the mid-east at that time, then we'll be in. Probably won't know until a later date.

Ran

I'm in too. I don't see why we can't get the back room and even have vendors set up in there too. Make a full on festival out of the place.

T

I hope ITD is a family gig again.
Sara and myself will be there no matter what.
Thanks to everyone for being understanding.
Is Bong going this year(I hope not)
But his wife and kids should be there?
You know, I just had a visual of myself streaking across the highway, and now I think I don't want to be there.
UGH!

M

Saturday August the 14th--sounds good. Do you think we can set up tents surrounding sam's?? :)

M

Hmmm...that's Rebecca's birthday. This could be good. One way or another, her birthday will be linked to tiki in either no- or lo- california. Whether she likes it or not. Bwahahahaha!

T

Martiki,

I hope you and yours can make it to So Cal. Now that Baxdog hates me I have a "best friend in the world" position that just opened up; no experience required.

T

Do you really need to ask?

Trustar

BT

oh yeah this is a good thing.
can we do it at night, (we Goths gotta keep outa the sunlight as much as possible). by the way Misfits are now onthe tiki playlist. so it is spoken, so it shall be. I'm spray painting my uke black and learning to play Rattfinkk. I've dyed all my cheap cotton hawaiian and tommy bahama shirts black and am growing more sullen by the day. I'M IN!!!

All hail tiki, dark god of the underworld.

M

Im in. If you need any assitance setting it up I am happy to help. Thanks for taking the lead on this Bong. A true leader!!!

UB

Unga Bunga will be there with mai tais on!

In.

Aloha! :drink:

T

I'm going this Friday to talk to Tommy or Carl at Sam's about getting the back room on ITD on August 14th.

I'll check into having them cater it/or not; having them provide some hula dancers/ or not; this and that/or not.

I know I'll have to move fast on the reservations as the place books out quickly.

If anyone's in the 'hood and wants to tag along, let me know.

"I'm ashamed to be here, but not too ashamed to leave..."

Celebrate 'International Tiki Day' the second Saturday in August - hau'oli la tiki!

[ Edited by: Tiki_Bong on 2004-03-09 13:38 ]

Tiki_Bong wrote:
I'm going this Friday to talk to Tommy or Carl at Sam's about getting the back room on ITD on August 7th...

Bong~

The second Saturday is August 14th.

T

On 2004-03-09 09:49, SugarCaddyDaddy wrote:

Tiki_Bong wrote:
I'm going this Friday to talk to Tommy or Carl at Sam's about getting the back room on ITD on August 7th...

Bong~

The second Saturday is August 14th.

You get an A+ SCD! That was just a little test I like to do every now and then to see just who's paying attention (no really).

T

Now do you see why I hate him?
A dog's best friend needs to have a brain!
Can't teach an OLD human new tricks.
SCD will you be my best friend?

I'll be there.

M

I'm in...
3 count

T

Mrs. Pug and I are in.

M

On 2004-03-08 17:02, Tiki_Bong wrote:
Martiki,

I hope you and yours can make it to So Cal. Now that Baxdog hates me I have a "best friend in the world" position that just opened up; no experience required.

You know, I should have responded sooner so you didn't feel hurt or rejected. Who wouldn't want a menehune for a best friend?

We're gonna try to make it down for this.

fo sho x 2

[ Edited by: thechikitiki on 2004-03-10 10:51 ]

Well, I guess I can pencil it in.......

D

reservations for 3 please....

TM1

Staff Sergeant Bong, may I please attend, or are you going to throw something rancid and wet at me, like last time?

Or do you remember when you rudely pushed my wife in the pool, at the last international Tiki Day?..she is still trying to get the water out of her ears, and you ruined her expensive dress!

Then, when we were leaving you had your children line up down the street with baseball bats, and they took swings at us as we were driving away? Do you remember?

I needed 5 stitches after that, my wife STILL can't find her eyeball or cornea, and I am seriously considering taking you to small claims court after that incident!

I really would like to have a nice, stress-free Tiki day this time..and tell that awful Spike to leave his pet mountain lion at home this time....

I really did not think it was funny that Shirley tied that piece of steak to the back of my shirt without telling me, and then she asked me to "go out to the garage and bring me my ukelele, next to the old cage"

Bong,
okay I've given it some thought, re: "I think we can hang" or whatever the damn correct quote was, and you may be right perhaps we could hang at least for a test run. so I assume you know how to play sock jaw... right? I'm just hanging out this weekend maybe I could come see your bar, hang out and break some shit, maybe we could pit roast that cougar aftrewards, I hear they go well with waterchestnuts. it must be hard being hated by so many wussies, but like they say, "it only hurts for a little while", and then... well it looks like court for you bud. in the mean time you're HB right?
sounds kinda creepy HB and all but some times you just gotta grin and bare it.

maybe you thought I was the packard goose...

I know this is not related to ITD, but I need to vent here. I'm still upset at Sam's. I made reservations at Seafood Sams (last time the group was going back in 2003) I then got a call from an employee of Sam's (Bartender) for my credit card info in order keep the reservation--which I gave him.

A few days later, I added another person less than 24 hours prior to the show.

As it turned out, I couldn't make it, so I called Sam's to let them know. The woman who answered (who ended up being the manager) advised me of the 48 hour cancellation policy. I let her know that:

1. I was never advised of the policy and
  2. the second reservation was made less than 24 hours prior to the show.

She said she would get back to me--never did and charged my credit card $68. I'm still peeved about that--had I known they were going to charge me--I would have called and let two TC'er to go an enjoy a show and food on me.

At the very least, she should have called me back or just charged me for one reservation.
I thought it was really bad customer service.

in!

Well, if Holden and Laura are in, I guess we have to go to. Damn you Holden!!!

Back to motel hell??

[ Edited by: revbambooben on 2004-03-14 18:13 ]

On 2004-03-11 20:18, Bwana Tiki wrote:
Bong,
okay I've given it some thought, re: "I think we can hang" or whatever the damn correct quote was, and you may be right perhaps we could hang at least for a test run.

It was sort of a figure of speech (as they say). What I meant was that you, like me, seem to tell it like it is at that moment (without regard to future ramifications - ouch!).

Pages: 1 35 replies