Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

DVD of Tiki // Out now!

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 251 replies

M

More time passed since the screening at Hulilau BUT now, I finally have a solid release date: August 2012.
I will be in California with my family to promote the DVD. Several screenings are being organized right now.
Very exciting. Hopefully there still is a little interest out there in this project.

It took sooooo long that this documentation, that started in 2004 and mainly captured events upto 2006 will feel like a time piece. A little time capsule of the tiki world.

Cheers, Jochen

S

Nothing like a deadline to motivate...

I am a bit foggy here. And I bet others must be too. This is to be released in 2 parts, or one set of 2 DVDs? What will be released in August, Part 1 or the set of Parts 1 & 2?

M

Thanks for your remark Swanky. It will be Vol.I Paradise Lost, 100min. about the birth of the south seas dream and the rise and fall of backyard polynesia.

Excited to check it out and stoked for you Jochen!

Its been a long road for you, but things get better with age!

Congrats!

T

I've been waiting for this since 2004. There was even an ad for it in the first Tiki Magazine (Spring 2005)

~Biggest Fan! teaKEY

M

So true and crazy. It all started in 2004 with the world trip and back then I thought it would all go really quick. haha, surprise a step learning curve introduced itself and things slowed down.But hey, that's life.

On 2012-04-26 17:21, teaKEY wrote:
I've been waiting for this since 2004. There was even an ad for it in the first Tiki Magazine (Spring 2005)

~Biggest Fan! teaKEY

Well, the Book of Tiki took me 8 years to publish, and Tiki Modern took 7 years. The Tiki shirt book is heading that way, too... :)

There is a saying in German that goes "Was lange waehrt, waehrt endlich gut!" which translates into "What takes a long time, will come out better!"

G

On 2012-04-27 03:02, Mogambo wrote:
So true and crazy. It all started in 2004 with the world trip and back then I thought it would all go really quick. haha, surprise a step learning curve introduced itself and things slowed down.But hey, that's life.

Now that you have a firmer release date, have you considered doing pre-orders?

Sadly, the forbidden-island.com and .de domains linked to on your rotating banner, seem to be defunct.

Tiki Central - Exception

Oh no.

An error occurred. Site administrators have been notified of the error.