Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

DVD of Tiki // Out now!

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 251 replies

T

Got this some time ago.
It is a great DVD, sure hope there is a DVD of Tiki two.
Made me want to start makin more lights with all the eye candy.
We need more of this type of tiki documentary, could see this going to TV for sure.
On the credits it lists "Kahiki destruction scenes shot by John Rice"
I shot those scenes, not John Rice.
Just sayin.

M

thanks, tikiskip, and of course you deserve credit for that wonderful footage. I might have mixed that up with the information I got from Mike Monello. My apologies.

Aloha,

Quite excited to see this and relieved I'm not in it. I think it was 10 years+ when you filmed me and I've learned so much since then... Waikiki Tiki was just a stubborn dream then...

Phillip

Got around to watching this today.

Wow!!!
So Good,
Professional,
covering all of the historic past, and real Polynesian arts/cultures.
then starting to touch on all of the Poly Pop things we love.
The Drinks, the Art, The Music, the Buildings.
Amazing!!

Only down-side,
I wanted more.

Can't wait for Part 2

Please help spread the word on this,
tell all of yer tiki friends to buy this,
buy some for holiday or b-day presents.
Help get this out there, and make an impact.

This is True Tiki,
This is the Must Have DVD documentary.

Jeff(btd)

C

This DVD is great. I have used it to explain to family members why I LOVE tiki.

This is a quality DVD and I cannot say enough about it. Thanks Jobfor a great addition to my DVD library.

M

REVISION MARKS #1

We tried hard but still little mistakes always sneaked in.

a) in the content discription on the back of the Volume 1 we sum up the tiki aficionados who share their wisdom on the DVD OF TIKI. Unfortunately, Bosko is not (as written there) on the first Volume. Besides being a great carver and artist he is also a profound tiki researcher and urban archeologist of the very beginning. We appreciate Bosko’s work very much and are happy that he will be one of the key characters portrayed in Volume No.2 who started the Tiki revival.

b) John Holt aka TikiSkip also deserves credit for the amazing Kahiki footage.

Our apologies for these mistakes on the DVD OF TIKI – Vol1.

The DVD of Tiki

http://www.armchair-travelling.com

[ Edited by: Mogambo 2012-09-12 05:13 ]

M

website http://www.dvdoftiki.com updated a bit

any more questions for the faq section?

M

Just wanted to express my gratitude for doing such a fine job--from A to Z--on this DVD. Not only does it look great on the large flat screen, but it's always great to learn something new. The sociological insights are spot-on, and King Kukulele's narration was an inspired choice. Blown away at the quality of the older footage, and the editing never lets your eyes leave the screen. Top-notch production!

M

So kind. Thank you very much- Your support and feedback is very much appreciated.
How about a little hidden christmas special here for the thorough readers of this forum.

If you buy 2 copies at once to the same shipping address and post an email to me at info(at)armchair-travelling(dot)com saying "Mele Kalikimaka" I will issue a refund of 6$.

This offer is valid until the 25th of December 2012.

So you can get a gift for the one you love and for yourself.

Cheers, Jochen

Aloha,

It's a wonderful gift! Cheap at twice the price! Do yourself the favor and get one for you and a friend!

coolio!!

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 251 replies