Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

Tiki Art Show and Sale @ Minnie's Modesto May 22

Pages: 1 2 50 replies

MrSmiley stole my Minnie's special and he paid dearly!!! :)(or was Gollum the culprit?!hhHMMMM!)

Ah, Minnie's makes the strongest drinks this side of Tiki Ti...thank heavens. I had the time of my life! Chongolio, I cannot believe I haven't really met you before, and to the Drunken Hats, it was great and thanks for your hospitality on Sunday! I loooove your house and I MISS YOUR CAT. Chesssttteeerrrr...MEOW, man!

Thanks SO much, Jungletrader, what a cool idea--and next time, if you need any help organizing just let me know. I am always happy for an excuse to go to Modesto.

(I might add...a quick note...for breakfast the Next Day (or anytime), central valley travelers will want to visit Latif's, a gorgeous mint-condition Googie-style 50's diner in Turlock, just twenty minutes or so from Minnie's on 99. But don't call it "La-TEEF's"...nope, it's LAY-tiff's, dangit.)

My last thought: the Modesto City Council might want to talk to someone about buying the rights to that tag phrase: "I'd rather be in Modesto..." !!!

XOX Tikivixen

M

I like my friend Dewey's idea for a city logo for Modesto:

"Modesto: The city where women come to die."

Martin, damn you, go back to your room!

Pages: 1 2 50 replies