Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Collecting Tiki

Gecko's Exotica Mug Available Soon!

Pages: 1 2 3 4 144 replies

M

Hey TC,
I sent an email out today to the confirmed pre-bookers for Gecko's Exotica Mug. It'll be ready to ship out beginning Monday, April 19th. Please check your emails and if you have any questions, please email me at [email protected]. Our online sale for the mugs is Saturday, August 17th at 9am PST.
Mahaloz!

Already called in my payment.

UB

Hi Holden,
Great news!
This is the shipment of mugs that was signed by Gecko, right?

Called my payment in today. I can't wait!

M

E-Mailed mine in today and already got confirmation! I can't wait.

Holden.
Mahalo for taking care of us TC'ers like you have.

[ Edited by: MachTiki on 2004-04-12 14:40 ]

M

Made my payment too, can't wait!!

H

Did I have to receive the e-mail to pre-order the mug?

TB

Thanks Holden, called my payment in. Look forward to owning the Exotica Mug.

P

Holden,

I've sent you a few emails and got nothing back....?? Makes me think something is wrong? Can you let me know if you've gotten any of them?

Cheers,

Wayne.

Here's the first official sneak-peak to the Gecko online sale page. Some of you have contacted me wanting to know if you can get 2 of the mugs (1 prebook plus 1 online order) and that's aok. I feel that the bulk of tc are collectors vs. speculators and since the piece doesn't have the obvious resale opportunity like a Shag piece, I say go for it - hell, this is America baby... land o' the free! Here's the link - please read all of the text thoroughly...

http://www.tikifarm.com/html/gecko_ordering_info_page.htm

To ship 2 mugs, the total shipping charge in the continental US will add $6 (total $15.95 shipping/handling/insurance/signature required).

Holden Westland
Tiki Farm
"Purveyors of Polynesian Pop Culture"
http://www.tikifarm.com

[ Edited by: smogbreather on 2004-04-14 23:00 ]

On 2004-04-14 18:48, PEDDRO wrote:
Holden,

I've sent you a few emails and got nothing back....?? Makes me think something is wrong? Can you let me know if you've gotten any of them?

Cheers,

Wayne.

I don't show any emails that I haven't responded to but just to be sure... what's your email?

Holden,
I also haven't heard anything about me preorder on the Gecko mug. I sent an inquiry about this about a day ago. Nothing back yet.
Just let me know when you can what the status is.

Tiki Gardener

On 2004-04-14 20:41, TikiGardener wrote:
Holden,
I also haven't heard anything about me preorder on the Gecko mug. I sent an inquiry about this about a day ago. Nothing back yet.
Just let me know when you can what the status is.

Tiki Gardener

Do you mean a conf. on your c.card info sent to Lisa? You've been confirmed for the mug - if you need a conf. on the c.card info, I'll ask Lisa to send out confirmations - I don't get any of those emails. Lemme know!
Holden

• I don't get any of those emails.
    Holden

He just get's obnoxious e-mails from me!

Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!

P

I don't show any emails that I haven't responded to but just to be sure... what's your email?

[email protected]

G

No worries Holden will take care of you peopo with the email problems! Mahaloz Plenty to all those who orderd da mug!

Mahaloz also to braddah PEDDRO for ordering a mug...HO!!this braddah lives all da way in AUSTRALIA!! I know I had some pre-orders from Canada and England also. Mahaloz to all of you spreading da Aloha in those countries!!! Please take a pic of your mug by something that's from dat country for my personal album! post'em on TC if can ya?

Once again mahaloz to all of you!!!! I hope you like da mug in person as much as you like braddah Holdens mug shot of Exotica!

Alohaz

P

Holden: I've sent you a PM, just in case my email's playing up.

GECKO: would be awesome to have a mug of yours over this side of the Pacific: maybe the only one.......?!

Geck, I just sent my info yesterday. I'm so stoked to finally be getting something that you've done. I sit at practice every week looking at the rad stuff you've did for Bong.

Mahalo

Oh yeah!
Got my payment in today. Can't wait for this beauty!
Aloha,
:tiki:

So, tomorrow is the day for those of us who didn't already order right?
See you at the gate.
Chongolio

K

17 hours and counting ... 17, 16 ..

[ Edited by: Kanaloa on 2004-04-16 17:21 ]

G
GECKO posted on Fri, Apr 16, 2004 7:11 PM

Ok, yes the time is almost here and Holden has helped everyone that was on the pre-order list that didn't get back email confirmations. Tanks Plenny Holden for picking up afta my mess ya!! You did wun ONO job braddah! Mahaloz to Da Farm.

So, if you didn't get to make da pre-order list good luck in da morning and may da Tiki Gods be on your side!

aloha

Indeed, Holden as usual is prompt with replies to my rabid querries about this mug and that mug.

Holden, one day we'll meet, and I'm buying you a drink at the Ti.

DEAL?
TG

TD

Reminder: The sale is today and in less than 20 minutes, so good luck!

Like Now!

K

Well order in and done, now we just wait and wait and wait ....

Just placed my order for the second one. Link for ordering is still active, so maybe it won't be a problem getting one. Let's hope!

I got my order in too. But I am a dork and in the excitement I pasted in my phone number instead of credit card number and sent it off into the ether .
So after realizing what I had done I went back and resubmitted my order.
I hope the lame brain rule is not in effect otherwise I might be ripe for disqualification. Damn, I told myself to breathe and stay calm but I still folded under pressure.

Dorkolio

Don't worry Chongolio.

In Holden we trust!

K

I’m with Tiki Dude – don’t think you have anything to worry about Ghongolio. Here it is now an hour and a half later and the page is still up and taking orders. Either they had more mugs than they let on or people are still asleep on this drizzly morning.

Either way I think we’ll be receiving a Gecko in the very near future. But only time will tell.

im crossing my fingers that my order will be filled...

in case not, hey Holden ~ will these mugs go to your retailers too?

The mugs are approaching sold-out (approx. 30 left as of 12:45pm). I'm thinking maybe 1-2 more days and they'll be gone or even in the next few hours. The mugs won't be going to any of our retailers.
Mahaloz for the orders!!
Holden

On 2004-04-15 23:26, GECKO wrote:
I know I had some pre-orders from Canada and England also.

Please take a pic of your mug by something that's from dat country for my personal album! post'em on TC if can ya?

Gecko,

No problem at all. Since you've been posting I've always wanted a carving of yours, but carvings cost ridiculous amounts to send on long journeys. Soon, through the magic of Tiki Farm, I'll have my hands on something you created, and posting a photo of the mug on TC will be a pleasure, not a chore.

Trader Woody

G

HO!! Tanks to all da peopo from TC! I can't believe that there is only around 30 left! I was not expecting that fo da first day! I've been out carving on I was expecting these to be around for a few weeks..... You braddahs and sisstahs are hard core! love ya guys! mahaloz mahaloz mahaloz! tanks to da Farm again for taking on my design!

On 2004-04-18 00:00, GECKO wrote:
HO!! Tanks to all da peopo from TC! I can't believe that there is only around 30 left! I was not expecting that fo da first day! I've been out carving on I was expecting these to be around for a few weeks..... You braddahs and sisstahs are hard core! love ya guys! mahaloz mahaloz mahaloz! tanks to da Farm again for taking on my design!

C'mon Gecko, this mug is of such a cool design with it's ( your ) character shining brightly, that it suprises me that there are any left.

TG

[i]On 2004-04-18 12:50, TikiGardener wrote

C'mon Gecko, this mug is of such a cool design with it's ( your ) character shining brightly, that it suprises me that there are any left.

TG

I agree! Gecko, your mug perfectly captures the spirit of exotica and is one of the coolest ever created. When I get mine, the first drink will be a toast to you.
Mahalo nui loa,
Shipwreck

K
Kono posted on Sun, Apr 18, 2004 7:31 PM

The Legend of the Laughing Gecko.

I don't know why but I just felt like sharing.

Can't wait until I get my mug!

Coolest6 fo' sho! G has one of the most unique mugs in history.

Well, I sent off my ccard info to Lisa and I can't wait for my Gecko mug. Thanks to Holden and Gecko for the great mug and making sure "the pre-order list" was complete.

Without being too muck of a geek, is there a first drink we should all christen Gecko's work of art with? Or does it matter as long as there's rum involved?

On 2004-04-19 09:53, Kon-Hemsby wrote:
Without being too muck of a geek, is there a first drink we should all christen Gecko's work of art with? Or does it matter as long as there's rum involved?

Kon-Hemsby ,

I did a search on the internet and found the recipe below for a drink called "Exotica". The only problem I see is... Where the hell is the rum!

• 2/4 oz. advocaat
  • 1/4 oz. whisky
  • 1/4 oz. Crème de Cacao (white)
  • 1 dash triple sec
  • 1 dash angostura bitters
  • 1 dash Orange Bitters

Here's the site: http://www.cocktailuk.co.uk/db/viewCocktail.asp?ID=8893

I've never tried this, so I can't speak for it. Maybe we should ask Gecko what he thinks. Hey, wait! Shouldn't it be Martin's favorite drink? I'll e-mail Gecko and see if he knows what that might be.

M

Gecko loved the idea and he said that he would call Mr. Denny later on today to find out what he favorite drink is. I'll post as soon as I hear from him.

M

Aloha all,

Gecko got back to me and here is what he said:

"I just got off the phone with him (Denny Martin) and unfortunatly his favorite drink
is the martini w/vodka and a olive. He said he didn't drink during his
sessions. I asked him when he would play at Don the Beachcombers if he
had anythin else besides the martini and he said 'Mai tai' so, looks
like the mai tai if you go with his choice. maybe call it the Denny Mai
Tai or something and make it real good instead of a watered down cheap
version. So if I stop by or your friends come over and say they want a
Denny Tai you know the difference between a regular mai tai and the
special one. Or what ever you guys come up with is cool. Just run with what
I told you that he said to me".

SO... this brings us to a whole new thread that I am going to create in the Main Discussion Area to avoid any confusion.

Look for "Looking for 'Denny Tai' recipe idea's".

Mahalo,

• 2/4 oz. advocaat
  • 1/4 oz. whisky
  • 1/4 oz. Crème de Cacao (white)
  • 1 dash triple sec
  • 1 dash angostura bitters
  • 1 dash Orange Bitters

Holy Moly, Advocat in a tropical drink! Advocat is a Dutch concoction. My wife made abatch of it for the holidays. Lots of rum and lots of eggs. If you buy a bottle "Svarte Kip" is the good stuff.

TD

Hey Holden,

Now that everyone that wants one has been able to purchase one, can some of us buy another? That is if there are any left!

P

Holden: I've replied to your PM and sent you an email, just in case you missed it. Cheers!

[ Edited by: PEDDRO on 2004-04-19 19:46 ]

On 2004-04-19 17:07, Tiki Dude wrote:
Hey Holden,

Now that everyone that wants one has been able to purchase one, can some of us buy another? That is if there are any left!

Got a few left, TC'ers have "carte tiki blanche" but order up quickly people - time is running out on the Gec mugs.

Holden

TD

Got my confirmation email the other day, I can't wait to see this beautiful mug in person!

Pages: 1 2 3 4 144 replies