Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

Announcing the First Annual Zombie Taste-Off at Tiki Oasis IV!

Pages: 1 2 62 replies

T

Cool beans!
Yes, there are ice machines near the stairs, but don't know how much ice they'll have in them when the time comes- but we can make a store run for bags of ice if necessary.

Tonight we're going to taste test the recipe I chose! Hey, this is gonna be fun! :D

***** IRON BARTENDER *****

This could work. We have a number of random ingredients such as Hershey syrub, olive oil, powdered mustard, fig paste, and a number of random liquors - rum, rum, rum, and rum.

Then in 5 minutes, all teams MUST concoct 4 tasty before-dinner drinks, during dinner drinks and after-dinner drinks.

(Fuju-san, what is that white liquid Baxdog is using in Bong's drink?)

On 2004-05-04 11:34, Tiki_Bong wrote:
(Fuju-san, what is that white liquid Baxdog is using in Bong's drink?)

Does it smell like bleach???

DZ

On 2004-05-04 11:34, Tiki_Bong wrote:
Fuju-san, what is that white liquid Baxdog is using in Bong's drink?

THAT'S NOT ORGEAT!!

Ice Ice baby! I'll have my ice chest handy! Martiki, I'm making the score sheets as simple as possible.

Z-After a couple of those drinks, I think people will be Zombies, that sounds like a mighty stiff drink to say the least. Sounds like alcohol with a drop of juice.

See ya'll at the Oasis!

You'd better bring alot of booze!! 3 and 6oz drinks won't even oil my joints. A drunk GiantRobotTiki is a good GiantRobotTiki :P

T

Did we ever decide when and where this is taking place? Is it on Friday after the bands?

And "GiantRobotTiki" has the best name ever! Too bad I don't have a costume for Friday or we could have a Tiki Battle-bot.

DZ

On 2004-05-04 23:46, Tiki-bot wrote:
Did we ever decide when and where this is taking place? Is it on Friday after the bands?

Sho nuff!!

On 2004-04-27 19:12, CheekyGirl wrote:

FIRST ANNUAL ZOMBIE TASTE-OFF - OASIS IV.

DATE : FRIDAY, MAY 7th
TIME : 11:00 P.M.
PLACE: ROOM 141

D

Soooo, can anyone at Oasis be a judge or is it only for TC memebers? Will there be a fee to judge or just the tip jars? Mmmmm - Zombies

Sorry Tiki-bot, I'll be flying in from an "Ultimate Robot Fighting Championship" (URFC) on Friday night, so I'll be kinda spent by the time I get there. So I'll really need to be included on the judging re: the drinks. GO TEAM CHEEKY GIRL!!!!!

So who won?

It was a tie between Martiki & Dr. Z. I think Z's has the huge trophy for the 1st half the year. I know their was a photo someone took.

Tbird.

On 2004-05-18 12:28, Tiki Bird wrote:
I know their was a photo someone took.
Tbird.

Humuhumu has it in her archives.

Yes, it was a tie between Team Z and Team Martiki. All the recipes were all very unique and distinct.

I kept the jar of ballots. A lot of people wrote notes and/or comments. It was amazing to the wide variety of comments. The same drink would get a comment like "nasty" and yet another person would rate the same drink "this rocks". It just goes to show you "different strokes for different folks".

All the drinks had one thing in common, they were strong. Although in some you couldn't really taste the liquor--it was there baby...thus the name ZOMBIE. Throw back a couple of Zombies and you'll be in the land of the living dead.

HEY TEAMS, JUST FOR *HITS AND GIGGLES, what do you think about posting the actual recipes on this thread? Just a thought!

![](c:/Documents and Settings/NRodriguez/My Documents/Clip Art/huladancer.gif)

Pages: 1 2 62 replies