Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Drinks and Food

Looking for a Portlight recipe

Pages: 1 5 replies

I am looking for a portlight recipe, because I saw one of the glasses on the devil'bay a few weeks ago and have not found any type of recipe for the drink. Oh yeah, if you have a portlight glass I would like to trade or buy.

From the Grog Log (which if you don't have, I highly suggest picking up):

Port Light
1 oz. fresh lemon juice
1/2 oz. passion fruit syrup
3 tsp. grenadine
1 oz. bourbon

Blend with 1 cup crushed ice for 5 seconds and pour into collins glass or nautical tumbler. Add more crushed ice to fill. To make a Starbord Light, substitute Scotch for Bourbon.

-T.J.

T

I just had one of these this past weekend at Smuggler's Cove in SF. What a great drink! I don't usually associate bourbon with my tiki cocktails but this one was a keeper. They used egg whites and it gave it a great texture and balance. I'm jonesing for another so I'll probably head back there this weekend!

here's how i make mine.

2 oz bourbon.
1 oz lemon.
1/2 oz passionfruit syrup.
2 teaspoons honey.

serve on the rocks man, it's a whiskey cocktail. save the eggwhite for gin and pisco drinks.

According to Trader Vic's Bartender Guide, Revised (c)47, (rev) 72 a Port Light is made with the following: 2 barspoons honey, 1 oz lemon J, 1/2 oz passion fruit nectar, 1 egg white 2 oz bourbon. To make a Starboard Light just replace the bourbon with Scotch.

I am drinking one of these right now and I have to say this is a pretty damn good!!! Its a nice stiff tiki drink :D

Pages: 1 5 replies