Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

Tiki Beach Burn July 17th - Who's In?

Pages: 1 2 3 100 replies

It was good to meet a couple people I hadn't talked with before like TikiCutie and Tiki Mick (and wife). A few thank yous also stand out in my mind: to AlnShely for getting me something for my sunburn (sorta missed a big giant spot on my back with the sunscreen.) To the lovely and glamourous Floratina for the instantaneously taken and sent photos she took of Atomic and I, providing cool music (and also her truly thoughtful little gift to me.) To Bong for helping to carry stuff from Atomic's truck when no parkiing was to be found. And a HUGE thanks to the Bax and Kukui for all their hard work and getting there so damn early so we could all enjoy the encampment. And a general thank you to all present who just made it a really cool hang-out day. The warmth of the day is still with me (or is that the sunburn flaring up between my shoulder blades again?)

It was nice talking to you too, Vintage Girl!!! I like that you took the time to come over and say "hi" to us!!

You know more about 80's stuff then anyone!!!

Plus you are a real nice person....Irma thought you were really, really hip...and I agree!!!!

You got style!!!!

See you next time!!

Oh you guys are sweet for saying such things, Tiki Mick. How could I not seek out my New Wave brethren? But you did stump me with that one band's name (can't think of it now). Anyway, glad you guys made it out to the beach. We must talk more next time!

Okay, after many requests (demands...threats...) Tiki Brad has chosen the new handle "SON OF MOTHRA" for his daring display of courage to protect Mothra Tiki from the madness of his fellow TCers who wanted to hurle him into the heated abyss!

TikiCutie, it looks like Rocknrollgirl might be backing out on her reunion, so we just might make it to Z's shindig after all. Yay!

Yes Ladies and Gentlemen it was quite a burn.
But being there in the daytime was a blast also.
Catching some waves, lying in the sun.
Is that not the perfect beginning to a TIKI freaks day?
And to end it with no Police and all (and it wasn’t easy) all the wood on the fire.
Thank you to all who contributed.
It is a lot of work, but to watch everyone have fun all day and night. PRICELESS
Love seeing all the gang and meeting new gang.
Next year everyone has to bring one TIKI thingy to burn, that was painfully fun watching those TIKIS burn.
Missed the chance to bury Bong (maybe next time)
I think we need a TC flag to fly. Any ideas?
And you know I think Hanalei_Pirate is still walking up and down looking for us.
We were awfully hard to spot you know.
Next year a TC flag and some decorations might help?
Anyway that was a blast.
Can’t wait to see what the OHANA has cooked up for I_T_D?
Someone Anyone???

Pages: 1 2 3 100 replies