Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

Tiki Beach Burn July 17th - Who's In?

Pages: 1 2 3 100 replies

A

Speaking of emitting a smell on the beach, it sounds like it's not just storm runoff that's making the surf zone a little dark these days.

-Randy

Yeah, 'closed' beaches are a drag, but it sure thins the surf lineup a bit!

I am very bummed I just realized that I will be in San Francisco on this date. It really sucks, I was looking forward to this. Well I hope you guys can burnm one for me.

Hey!

We're going to do some sort of sand castle tiki contest or just one big ass sand tiki; bring 5 gallon buckets for water.

Also, bring a tiki torch if you got one.

DZ

ass sand??

T

[ Edited by: TNTiki on 2004-11-06 17:35 ]

As for hiding the booze.... a little trick from me piratin' adventures, buy the little bottles of alcohol they sell at fine liquor stores everywhere, for like $1.50 (Naturally, I prefer Captain Morgans but they sell all kinds of alcohol in these little bottles). You can hide them really well on your personage. I carry them to Ren Fairs and Pirate events in my little waist pouch. When ye be wantin' a drink, just pop open yer little bottle. If yer drink gets confiscated you are out $1.50 (and hopefully you've stashed more of the little bottles fer when the coast is clear...., he, he)

T

OK now,
It is getting closer.
Now that the 4th has come and gone.
When looking for our spot this time, look for all of the red, white, and blue left overs.
Big flags, small flags, streamers, white ez-up, red ez-up.
HEY, does anyone have a blue ez-up?
And still does anyone have an extra weber they can bring down?
Vollyball set?
Horse shoes?
Needle point?

Ah yes, the annual OC Hoiti Toiti Beachburn is upon us again!

This should/will/might/could/possibly be the funnest gig going at that time on that day.

Once again it's JULY 17th. Show up at the predesignated spot whenever (although Baxdog does some wild stuff later in the evening (?)) you want as our spot will be manned from 6am.

Bring any item you think might be entertaining: frisbee, kite, horseshoe, 9V battery, mayonaise, prior year's W-2's.

Also, bring some sort of over-sized digging utinsel for the tiki sandcastle contest (hey, Baxdog's offering $1,000 for first place).

Remember - Be Safe and file your income taxes on time.

Sincerly,

Mr Tiki Bong I

I plan on arriving at about 10-11am with family in tow and all the beach toys we own. We will stay as long as my kids can hold out. Probably not late into the evening. See You all there.

Anyone have volleyball equipment?

Utopiandreem & i should be there around 3ish, will look for the mystery sail bax is setting up.

Tbird.

[ Edited by: Tiki Bird on 2004-07-13 10:54 ]

I'll be bringing some Spectacular East Indies Room sacrificial offerings to Pele...

It looks like Tikibelle and I should be able to make the scene. We look forward to seeing you all and enjoying the sand and surf.

Sabu

Look for the gaint
2--0--4--3
In the sky, in the parking lot
then walk towards the water
then look for the giant
1--5
In the sky, stuck to the life station
then enjoy the day at the beach
with whom ever is close to you

In case any of you are like me and dont know where you are going, use this link to map it.

Directions
Pics of the Spot

[ Edited by: monkeyman on 2004-07-14 12:02 ]

That picture is right on.
The only wierd part is some pictures, #15 is there and in other pictures it is gone and the cars change.
But if you look at the beach and find the pathway with the circle at the end of it and then go 100 feet south.
The picture also shows all the new improved city side of the beach that is 5 dollars more for parking.
It's the pretty pink brick side of the picture.
We are not on the city side.

T

Hey, cool pics Monkeyman

You can even see my house on image 4750!

See y'alls on Saturday

T

[ Edited by: trustar on 2004-07-14 17:02 ]

Allright, who's got a volleyball net to bring? Well, bring it.

If anyone wants to stop by Bong's Tiki Hut before 2:00 (if you want a drink that is) do it. If you need directions, call my cel 714.393.3376. I'm surfing till 11:00 so call laterz...

CA

BURN BABY' BURN!

An Offering to Pele??????????????????????????

BooCrazy BenALi' Tiki #1 "Son of Moth'ra"... will be sent to the Fire Godess unless someone saves it from it's fate.

This one of a kind, and first of a kind and quite possibly last of a kind piece is up for best offer over $50+shipping........ Bidding ends 11:30 PM July16

post bids here...............
http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?topic=9945&forum=5&1

the savior of this sacrificial tiki must paypal before 12:00 AM Sat July17 to [email protected] or bring cash to the S.Cal Bch Burn

BooCrazy BenALi' Tiki #1 is 32" tall and weighs 35ish lbs?
Has My signature 'tapa doodles' and manic detail such as 'lightening bolt' eye brows!Has Bamboo Ben's Boozelizing eyes and mothling antenna/radar whakynissness!!

It was born off cinema magic during the filming of Cherry Capri's short film of me carving a tiki.... http://www.lottaliving.com/natpe.shtml
and a little radiation took over and it was over.........

COULD BE YOURS?????
COULD BE PELE'S????????????????

IS THIS MOTH DESTINE TO THE FLAME????????????????????

[ Edited by: crazy al on 2004-07-16 00:55 ]

CA

did you ever see this lightly distributed Indi cult Classic....

rumored to be shown at twilight Beach Blanket style....

I agree with Hanalei Pirate, those little 2 oz. bottle are really easy to hide. They can be easily concealed in the sand under a beach blanket or on your person OR in the past I've placed hooch in a plastic water bottle and have mixed it in with other water bottles and soda cans in a cooler and just pull out and take a swig as needed or for mixing up a quick drink. (light rum and/or vodka work best!

Hum....I wonder if this year's tiki sacrafice will end up getting pulled from the fire or if it will actually burn baby burn!

On 2004-07-16 15:42, crazy al wrote:
did you ever see this lightly distributed Indi cult Classic....

rumored to be shown at twilight Beach Blanket style....

"I wish this video had some explosions. That would be cool." "Heh heh henh hmm heh. It does have some explosions. Heh henh hmm." "Fairies grant wishes. Huh huh heh huh hunh." Beavis & Butthead

Burn! Burn! Burn! Burn Baby Burn!! Burn Baby Burn! Tiki on fire!!! Just Burn it!!! (still trying to get Nike to sponser this!!) Burn everything in site!! Fire Good! Fire God!! Tiki God!!! Burn!! Burn this, Burn that, You's better watch out so Bax doesn't Burn your Butt Crack!! Fire! Fire! Fire! Huh huh huh!!! Mothra will live!!!! Plaster Palm Tiki will Die! Bamboo Burns Hot! POP Corn You's GOT! Burn, Burn, Burn!! Duck and Cover!! Cry for your Mother! Burn, Baby, Burn!!!

On 2004-07-10 01:13, crazy al wrote:
well' silence was golden.....

A

Good to see you posting Ben.
Mahalo,
Al

Ben is BACK....SCORE!

Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!

Yes, my TIKI Brethran
It is I TIKIFRK And I am up drinking coffee and getting ready to march down to HB
That's right at the end of BEACH Blvd.
One of the lifeguard stands that has #15 on it.
Yes, I do this so that we TIKI CENTRAL Hoity Mo fricken Toity's can have the THE ULTIMATE BURN PIT.
This year, no wood and I mean NO WOOD will leave the beach, unless it is in your pants!!
Now forget the Gold bond and BURN you fricken Bitches BURN.
By the way BEN and AL, that Mothra tiki is some kind of f@#$#@ed up shit!
LATES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CA

just got back from loading two houses and a small tent city onto the beach with bax,z,and bong....... the idols await... Polynesia meets Britannia......

now it's off to buy some weenies and a cool refreshing treat or two....

see you with or asbestos gloves on...

Thanks to Bax and Kukui for your hospitality. You brought a whole camp there! That Frito salad was delicious. I know that Al was there bright and early helping to set it all up, including the tiki tribute to Stonehenge that featured some pieces by Bamboo Ben. I'm not sure who was responsible for the gigante Sacrificial Tiki with the shabby chic finish. It was a point of interest to passing cyclists during the day. It stood next to the bike path in its trailer awaiting the ceremonial procession that would bring it to the pit that evening (I think some of the guys just rolled it across the sand, actually).

And then there was Crazy Al's community sand-moai. Well, I think it was mostly Crazy Al's, but the others contributed a touching artistic interpretation of ritual sacrifice created on the top of the moai's head.

The bonfire was huge! Shaka brought the very first tiki he ever carved to sacrifice in the flames. He was begged to reconsider, but he informed that he had made his peace with it as he sentimentally saturated the eyes, mouth and top of the tiki with lighter fluid. It photographed real good.

Drinks that would have made Trader Vic proud were served at Bong's after we were kicked off the beach at 10:00. Thanks Bongs!

There were numerous cameras there to capture the action and I will have some to post here later. That was a thoroughly entertaining event.

[ Edited by: floratina on 2004-07-18 23:35 ]

CA

a smile for the to-be Sacrifice... morning sun, cool sand

24 hrs later a smoldering carcass 9:30AM

this elderly man, unaware, and perhaps not amused of the prior nights activities
blurts out..."h'umph.... A penny!"

PS... our TC fire pits were clear of trash... wile our neighbors left many offerings to the state bch sanitation workers.

[ Edited by: crazy al on 2004-07-18 13:58 ]

Then there were the rum balls by the Tiki Birds, jello shots by Dr. Z and an unnamed and yummy drink concocted by Alnshely. I keep thinking of stuff. I guess it's good that I can remember it.

That's what I'm talkin' about Monkeyman!

The Sacrificial Tiki gigante was Bamboo Ben's creation, and he contributed a lotta lumber toward that conflagration. That explains the special nature of it:

Where did that laquered door-like object come from? It was big and it bubbled...

[ Edited by: floratina on 2004-07-19 12:04 ]

CA

Al, I think I have a picture of you taking those pictures:

[ Edited by: floratina on 2004-07-19 12:18 ]

TB

Mine and Rocknrollgirls's pcitures, for the most part, all came out like crap. Perhaps I ate too much of the magic tiki jello? Here are a few that I was able to doctor up a bit:

The start of the burn

A kind of creepy sacrificial shot

Bax and his magic broom

And Al just being Al

And to Flortinas "No Photos" Picture, Tiki Brad has to say.......

[ Edited by: Tiki Brad on 2004-07-19 12:45 ]

TM1

What a great time Irma and I had! Thanks Al and Shelly, for the delicious improvised tiki punch! Very tasty! Irma and I felt bad about not bringing anything.....next time we will bring something..promise!!!

The food was great, the people were great, Crazy al's sand head was great, and that was the hottest fire I have seen in a while! I swear, glass was starting to form in the sand near it!

What a blast the Beach Burn was! Special thanks to Bax who got up at the butt-crack of dawn to get there and stake our spot and a big thank you to also to Al, Bong (and Bax again) for setting up the tents and the faux "tiki stonehenge."

We had a GREAT time!

Anybody get pics of the Crazy Al/Monkeyman Moai Sandtiki???

TB

Yes, a big thanks to Bong, Bax, Al and everyone else. Rocknrollgirl and I had the best time. I just wish we could have gotten there sooner. A couple hours just isn't enough!

Sorry I couldn't make it guys, it looks like a great time was had by all. It does my heart good to know that I live in a land where the tikis are so plentiful, we get to burn the extras.

On 2004-07-19 09:15, PolynesianPop wrote:
What a blast the Beach Burn was! Special thanks to Bax who got up at the butt-crack of dawn to get there and stake our spot and a big thank you to also to Al, Bong (and Bax again) for setting up the tents and the faux "tiki stonehenge."

We had a GREAT time!

Anybody get pics of the Crazy Al/Monkeyman Moai Sandtiki???

Mini Tiki Stonehenge:

Sand moai:

Yes, big thanks to everyone for putting on this great time! And thanks to all of you who were so friendly and sweet to the new gal! It's very much appreciated.

And yes, Mothra is enjoying the new home. The cats just love him. I'm glad I haven't had to clean up a bunch of pieces yet.

On 2004-07-19 12:38, RocknRollGirl wrote:
And yes, Mothra is enjoying the new home. The cats just love him. I'm glad I haven't had to clean up a bunch of pieces yet.

Damn Mothra gotta away. The fire was calling for Mothra...hehe.

Check out Atomic Cocktail's skullhead:

Here's a couple of shots from the camera phone:

Al and Monkeyman work on the moai:

The tide rushed in and drowned the completed moai. Then Al jumped in:

[ Edited by: floratina on 2004-07-19 13:08 ]

S

Great pix, gang!

Looks like a blast as usual. Sorry we missed it. I especially like the pix of those burning tikis. Very cool.

Hope to catch up with yous soon.

Bax drills away:

Atomic Cocktail and Vintage Girl:

Bamboo Ben definitely has developed a signature style with his tikis:

Al K, Bax and the kiddies crumple up newspapers, etc. for kindling:

Shaka instructs the young ones in the way of the tiki, first with Shaka Jr.:

then Baxdog Jr. steps up:

Here is the Shaka tiki with a Bamboo Ben embellishment on top. This is exactly the way the picture came out, even though it may look like a Photoshop job!

[ Edited by: floratina on 2004-07-19 16:23 ]

M

I tried... I tried...
The trade winds weren't blowin in that direction.
We were headed there at about 9:45pm and then said F--K it!!!
Detoured to SAMs...
It was Uncle Macks 60th B-Day... We had to stay an hula with Uncle!!!

MTK

[ Edited by: MTKahuna on 2004-07-19 18:20 ]

Hey, thanks everybody for my first official event with the Hoity Toity's, I hope I may be esteemed enough to carry that name as I have now moved into the SoCal/OC zone from Florida. It was also my first party at the beach, and first fire at the beach....I feel like I should be smoking a cigarette after so many firsts...

Anyway, I wanted to give a shout out to everybody I met:

Nice to meet you, MonkeyMan,and your lovely wife Olga, who got my joke about wearing a fake moustache so that people would think I was someone else and they would cheer when I arrived at the party late...

Floratina, you are a hoot! Look forward to partying again with you soon.

Tikibong....thanks for the after-party, and for sharing the same wit as me...dude, your house is like a museum. Can I be a docent?

RocknRollGirl and Mothra! Welcome to the craziness! Forget the reunion in two weeks and come to DrZ's party...oh yeah, and be at Dos Amigos, Fridays every week....don't forget let's have movie nights together, too!

Shakatiki..I didn't get introduced to you but at least I know your face for next time.

Vintagegirl: Someone I have so much in common with! We must get together and show off wardrobes. You are welcome to visit my much acclaimed gogo boot collection!

AtomicCocktail: Someone I also have much in common with..we must communicate further on professional matters...and party more together, of course. PM me soon!

BambooBen: An artist after my own heart, I'll try and come by to look at your shop soon. Nice to meet Vicki, too!

PolynesianPop: Hey, somebody I already met two years ago! This must mean I'm becoming a regular. You were my first Hoity Toity encounter.

Traderpup and sidekick Tom: I still don't understand why Tom wasn't wearing a cowboy hat. ????

Kuikuinut: I heard the Frito salad was phenomemal...wish I had tried some. Oh, and knew I was going to forget my Brats in your cooler. Curses!

Baxdog: Thanks for organizing the whole shebang, look forward to partying more with you, too.

CrazyAl: Didn't get to talk to you much, but I'm sure there will be more opportunities in the future. Great to know there is another fellow artist amongst the festivities.

Alnshelly: Nice to meet you both...Al, swell hat! Shelly, thanks for frying my lips with Jabanero mustard!

Tikibird and Utopiandream: Yeah right, Beth, you hid it from him. (the squeaker)

Tikibelle: What's going on, I thought I was supposed to help you paint your house Monday? Waiting for the call. (I'm your only friend, I'm not your only friend, but I'm your little glowing friend, but really I'm not actually your frieeennnnd...)

Johnnyvelour: Why weren't you at this burn, you Puffin Flame Hole?

Ladyvelour: Also not at the burn. Must have been at the rhinoerous exhibit getting her facial again.

Great to meet you all! See you soon, I hope!

PS: Might possibly be changing my TC moniker to RaratongaLaura as someone mentioned that having "tiki" in your moniker is lame. So in the future, consider that TikiCutie = RaratongaLaura

Pages: 1 2 3 100 replies