Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

Shasta Tiki Mist

Pages: 1 12 replies

We have already talked about this product here. I just saw the new design in the market and had to get some, the font and the Tiki are quite nice I thought, it's face based on the PMP mug. Yet even my 12 year old son, who favours citrus flavoured soda, says the bright yellow green beverage (reminds me of INCA COLA) tastes too "chemical" too him.

I just wanted to point out the fact that the Tiki revival has brought Shasta full cycle, because the original Shasta Tiki Punch Soda from the 60s, of which I have a can, did not actually have a Tiki on it (or it would have ended up in the BOT), just a rendering of Mount Shasta. I was always dissappointed about that.

But the real irony to me is that in German the word "Mist" translates to "manure" (Kuhmist = cow manure), and the word is used as a slang expression equal to "Crap!".
When I go back to Deutschland in July I will bring some cans with me for friends who will get the joke, after all, we love our TIKI CRAP!

I've had my eye on the 12-packs at the grocery store ... but am waiting until they come out with a diet version.

I agree, the graphics are quite nice!

Very interesting BigBro!
I don't think we can get Shasta here in Canada, but you can bet I keep my eyes open for it! Even if it does taste like crap :) Don't you wish they had nice looking tikis on Rum bottles?

Reminds me of the toothpaste brought back from Dubai by my fiance, it's a knockoff of Crest, looks identical, but spelled "Crust"
Ewww.

I think in Norway they have a toilet paper called "Krep".

TG

On 2004-06-26 10:38, Tikiwahine wrote:
Don't you wish they had nice looking tikis on Rum bottles?

Your wish is my command, oh great wahine. :)

UB,

Have you tried "VooDoo"? It's pretty damn good. Excellent with just a Coke. Made by the same people that make RedRum.

Reminds me of the toothpaste brought back from Dubai by my fiance, it's a knockoff of Crest, looks identical, but spelled "Crust"
Ewww.

Nice Unga!!!
I totally forgot about that company. I guess I'll just have to mail order some :)

Purple Jade,
I remember those from the 80's! That's hillarious.

On 2004-06-26 11:49, MachTiki wrote:
UB,
Have you tried "VooDoo"? It's pretty damn good. Excellent with just a Coke. Made by the same people that make RedRum.

Hey MachTiki!
Funny you should ask. My liquor store just called me yesterday to let me know that my order of Voodoo rum had just arrived. YA!
I look forward to trying it.
Unga

I picked up a bottle of Shasta Tiki Punch at my local Albertsons supermarket a few weeks ago. No missing the tiki on the huge 3 liter (I think) bottle. It kind of tastes like corbonated Hawaiian Punch. Not my cup of tea(ki) but the kids sucked it down pretty quick.

DZ

One of my students got me a 3-liter bottle of the red Tiki Punch a few years back. I never really wanted to try it but I liked the graphics, so I left it sealed and have used it as a door stop ever since.

I loved receiving the Tiki Shasta punch provided during the SF Tiki Crawl.

I would like to point out that Shasta does in fact make a very nice soda, one that's esp. good w/ rum --

It's Shasta Diet Grapefruit Soda. Goes w/ rum FAR better than Coke -- try it! Trust me. Good for "casual" drinking.

Pages: 1 12 replies