Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

Wednesday Night at Tiki Ti

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 615 replies

A

OH! the shame. I was the first to post about meeting this week, and by the end of the evening, I was flat out busted and to tired to pull on the ol' clogs and socialize.

SOON!!! I am dying to meet all the regulars!

By the way, what time do people usually show up? I used to go and hang out from around 6PM to about 7 because it was less crowded, but I want to show up when most people are there.

Aloha, Gang! Well, this Wednesday is going to be my final Tiki Ti night for at least a couple months. This'll be my last chance to hang with my beloved tiki crowd for quite some time and I hope that you'll come on down, buy me a drink and hang out. Heck, I'll even buy my own drink, just come on out! Hope to see y'all on Wednesday.

-Weird Unc

p.s. To Sneakyjack: Great meeting you last week. Hopefully I'll be back around when you're next at Tiki Ti.

[ Edited by: weirduncletiki on 2004-08-30 14:44 ]

H

On 2004-08-30 14:43, weirduncletiki wrote:
This'll be my last chance to hang with my beloved tiki crowd for quite some time and I hope that you'll come on down, buy me a drink and hang out.

Wouldn't miss it for the world! I'll be there for sure, and I'll bring extra cash to make sure you leave nicely tipsy. (The Mysterious Miss Mauna Loa will be driving, yes?)

I'll definitely be there for this one. Lets make sure we send our Weird Unc off with a bang!

On 2004-08-31 13:31, Humuhumu wrote:
(The Mysterious Miss Mauna Loa will be driving, yes?)

Johnnie Velour's driving me in, TMMML's dragging me out!

-Weird Unc

Wish I could be there with you...Have fun!
Uga Buga!
Ran

On 2004-08-31 13:50, PolynesianPop wrote:
Lets make sure we send our Weird Unc off with a bang!

Indeed!

Johnnie Velour's driving me in, TMMML's dragging me out!

Finally, I'm driving weirduncletiki to drink.

Yes, driving me to drink with your new haircut. Mr. Velour has a stylists appointment so we won't get there 'til 7-7:30. Be sure to compliment his new do!

-Weird Unc

Hey!

What time are y'all meeting up at the Tiki Ti?

Mahalo,

Moi

ill be there with mrs in tow, its our b-day celebration, mine is the 2nd hers the 6th. ill be in a bright orange shirt.

DH

Wow -- what a fun time that was last night! I wish I didn't have to leave so early but you know the saying, "the Donger need food..."

Wow, what a great night! Thanks so much to the gang who came out to bid me farewell and treat me to some frosty exotic cocktails. I had a blast tippling, talking, posing, singing and strumming with all of you. Can't wait to get back and do it all again!

-Weird Unc

p.s. Watch out for that Dong Ho dude!

TB

Did you get to see where Tiki Ti placed the sticker at? Also cool to me Dong Ho!

[ Edited by: Tiki Bird on 2004-09-02 14:21 ]

Does anyone have pics? I know there were a lot taken. Many what a riot! Dong Ho -- glad you joined us here on TC. Looking forward to much future debauchery. :wink:

You wanted some pics, you got some pics!!!!
Weird Uncle Tiki's Farewell For Now Luau:

Johnnie Velour, Poly Pop and Tiki Bird help me kick off this grand evening.

Humuhumu makes sure TMMML and Futura Girl are legal to enter into riot.

Utopian Dreem let's the wheel decide her next potion. It was a Fog Cutter wasn't it, U?

King Kukulele appears...

...and Chikitiki/Tiki Diablo thinks he better start drinking quick-like! *Note the Tiki Ti print by Kooche framed by Tiki Diablo behind Tiki Birds head.

King K seems to have that effect on the whole bar as Atomic Gil can't seem to suck 'em up fast enough before the ol' uke starts a-strumming!

The Tiki Ti Cigar Club fires up!

Sing along with naughty lyrics supplied by Mr. King Kukulele.

I was truly honored to be asked my the Mikes to sign another card for the wall to commemorate the special evening. The whole tiki gang present added their autographs so look for it next time you're tippling tropical-style.

Okay, this got my heart pounding! The Mikes motioned me to COME BEHIND THE BAR and have a photo with them. A wonderful end to an amazing night. I was so overwhelmed by the whole evening that...

I had to be carried out!

Hope to see you all sometime soon enough back at Tiki Ti. Mahalo.

-Weird Unc

I know it will be sad without Weird Uncle Tiki, but is anyone going tonight? I'm going to give it a shot around 6:30ish.

H

I'm in! I'll have to cut out early, as I have a flight out early in the morning (blah).

OL

I'll be there.

H

Weird Unc, your new tag is up already! I didn't have my camera with me tonight, I'm afraid. I'll get a pic next week. It's very near your other card.

That reminds me, there was going to be something about a pool.......

Okay, last week everyone bailed out early!

I'm heading down that way again tonight and bringing a couple of drinkin' pals so I don't feel quite so debauched sitting by myself at the bar :wink:

Hope to see some of you local TCers there!

sorry i missed you karen - didn't make it by until about 10PM

can't believe this got run off the first page of posts already? we sure are a busy bunch.

okay - so this is a bump.

H

I punked out last Wednesday at the last minute, so I haven't been to Tiki-Ti on a Wednesday in about a month! I'm definitely going this week.

I haven't been to the Ti in ages...I've gotta get my butt in gear soon!

I haven't been to the Ti in ages...I've gotta get my butt in gear soon!

P

I was hoping to be able to get out there tonight, but since it is already after 7 and I am still at work, it's not lookin' good.

H

Another swell time last night at Tiki-Ti! Here are a few pics (there are also a bunch more that I just put in the Tiki-Ti thread in Locating Tiki):

Futura Girl gathers some snack mix for us:

Futura Girl likes these little bread bits, so save those ones for her (I like the popcorn bits):

Steve-who-lurks-on-TC-but-pretends-not-to (Hi Steve!) spins the drink wheel:

(Steve arguably knows more about Southern California tiki than anyone--even Sven!)

I am thrilled to have my Mondo Lounge ticket!:

Two shots of Futura Girl & me:

We had a guest appearance from Count Smokula's nephew, and there was lots of chatting about Mondo Lounge (with plotting for an oh-so-Hollywood after-afterparty! shhhhhh.....).

There's no place like Tiki-Ti!

Every Wednesday that passes means we're getting closer to the Inevitable Return of Weird Uncle Tiki... when will it happen?? Don't forget to put your entry in the pool:

The "How Long Can Weird Unc Stay Away from Tiki-Ti?" Pool

Damn, here it is Wednesday and tonight is the last Presidential Debate--for those who will be at the Tiki Ti, have one for me!

H

My Tiki-Ti schedule has been painfully erratic of late--too many other things going on keeping me out of town and/or out of sorts. Tonight, I shall have a Ray's Mistake, which will right all wrongs!

KK

Humu, so sorry to have "just missed you" (according to Mike Jr.) at Tiki Ti on Wednesday! I'm staying at the glam (NOT) Hyatt Regency in town this week and found out how close the bar is. Whew, the downtown area here is as dismal as my home town, ATL. I NEED to get my butt to Sam's and at least one more trip to Tiki Ti- it lives up to all my expectations and then some. What a surprise to see the copious amount of Myer's that was drizzled into my "Ooga Booga", and of course the chorus from the patrons was nice. Unlike the next day for me...yowza...

H

Is anyone going tonight????

H

Kava King, that's a bummer that we just missed each other!

Hil, I'm not sure if I'm going to make it tonight... I'm going on Friday (a friend has an art opening that night at La Luz), but I've had a really, really great day today and I feel like a bit of celebrating, so I may go tonight, as well. Whee!

It's the last Wednesday before the Tiki-Ti goes on vacation - anyone going?

MonkeyBoy and I will be there. Hope to see some folks - it's been a while!

I'll be there, at least for a little bit. I'll be bringing a new little wooden friend. :) I'm also going to Miles' house for his art show preview:

http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?topic=11812&forum=4&18

Not sure what my timing will be for Tiki-Ti.

S

There is no way I am not sucking down a Ray's mistake if I am driving up from San Diego. I will be there at opening, to refresh myself with the Mikes concoctions. Then it is off to Miles's house, and then a long drive home.

We'll try to hit Miles' on the way home if we can get our butts off the bar stools in time...

See you tonight!

tim and karen - definitely hit miles if you can... i'll be there with tikihai.

anyone thinking of going on the last night before the holidays???

so is Thursday the new Wednesday?

H

On 2004-12-23 04:11, Futura Girl wrote:
so is Thursday the new Wednesday?

Only for the last week of December! Lotsa new folks hitting Tiki-Ti that day... but once we hit 2005, it's back to Wednesdays, baby!

FYI - gil informed me that ti is closed next wed. and thurs.

H

Boy oh boy, am I gonna be there tonight. I could really use a Ray's Mistake. Probably a few.

me too!!!!!

need is the operative word.

see you there 8:30-9ish

[ Edited by: Futura Girl on 2005-01-12 14:56 ]

Hey, my birthday (2-2) falls on a wednesday night this year!!! Wonder where I should celebrate?

H

I will be there for sure.....

Happy Birthday, Cherry!

H

Tonight. Tiki-Ti. Show that chickenshit groundhog how it's done.

Tonight's the night for seeing old friends and making new ones. You should be there.

Tonight's the night to take a moment to celebrate the fact that you are within driving distance of Tiki-Ti, even if it's not what a sane person would call a "reasonable" distance.

There are children in third world countries who don't have a tiki bar within any driving distance. Think of the children. Do it for the children.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 615 replies