Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

Wednesday Night at Tiki Ti

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 615 replies

H

On my way out the door right now, see you there!

iTiki

Damn, I wanted to make this...just a crazy week, everything fron firing an employee and pickin' up the slack to an out-of-town funeral....ugh...a good stiff Tiki Ti drink would have made all the difference last week....

sorry I didn't make it wed. I was there on thurs.
before heading to Safari Sams, to go to Dave of the Insect Surfers 50th B-day show. he played with the 3 bands hes in,

anyways, I had a
Great White Shark,
Rum Barrel,
and
A Oooga booga
in 1 hour no less,
needles to say I didnt drink at all at the show down the street.

but good to see ya at Tikiyaki show Sat Nite. Humu.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

H

I hope Tiki Ti is open at 4 pm, I am planning on going tomorrow at 4, I feel like hot summer nights will be over soon and it would be nice to go there on a hot afternoon. If you are passing by come in and say hello.

CJ

I'm planning on going but prolly won't be there until around 7ish.

JB

7ish sounds about right to me!

H

See you all there.

CJ

well I was there.

H

That's funny I was there too, where were you? hahaha... anyways it was nice meeting DustyCajun and Mrs. DustyCajun, Kevin Kidney and Pete Moruzzi and of course Sven. I got there around four and the place was pretty full for early afternoon but it was very quiet when we left around nine. I will post some pictures later.

CJ

I showed up around 7ish alone waiting for a friend and my gal. I was the loser drunk with at the end of the bar next to the snacks. Maybe next weekend I'll meet some fellow tiki central people.

Hey hiltiki

Reseda huh? How about a carpool next time?

Best
Mark

H

Mark, that sounds great, I will let you now.

Anyone going today/night?
I'll be the one wearing a Mai Tai.

Best
Mark

Sorry, am doing debate viewing in Burbank tonight, then dinner.

CJ

lets do a round up for this week.

I'm first in the round up.

okay, know you go

JB

In!

T
TikiG posted on Wed, Oct 22, 2008 2:57 PM

Count me and TikiMango in tonight as well..anybody else?

I'll be there in about an hour.

wish I was going, I could use a drink or 3

Jeff(bigtikidude)

CJ

tonight was great! Cheers to all and a goodnight

JB

B

I am smiling from ear to ear. You guys are so cool. I'm really happy you like the book so much!

surf? bah whats that?
:wink:

Jeff(bigtikidude)

More photos from Tiki-Ti! Once again, just an awesome evening of TC ohana.

CoCoJoe gets his Book of Tiki signed by Sven.

Mike poses in front of Tiki-Ti's Halloween display.

On 2008-10-08 23:04, hiltiki wrote:
That's funny I was there too, where were you? hahaha... anyways it was nice meeting DustyCajun and Mrs. DustyCajun, Kevin Kidney and Pete Moruzzi and of course Sven. I got there around four and the place was pretty full for early afternoon but it was very quiet when we left around nine. I will post some pictures later.

It was nice to meet you too, Hiltiki. We had to leave early to grab a bite at Damons before flying out to Key West. I never realized that Wednesdays were TC night Tiki Ti, just dumb luck that we were flying out that day. Will have to make it down again some time. A couple of photos from the evening.

Mr. and Mrs. Dustycajun

Cheers to Sven, thanks for signing my copy Tiki Modern

My pleasure! Thank you for all your image-rich posts here! (...I gotta stop wearing that same shirt for every Tiki outing... I just like it so much :) )

On 2008-10-25 13:05, bigbrotiki wrote:
(...I gotta stop wearing that same shirt for every Tiki outing... I just like it so much :) )

Sven,

I noticed the shirt thing but wasn't going to say anything. For the guy who is set to publish "The Look of Tiki" I would think you would be wearing three different shirts a day just for the advertising!

One Wednesday

The Next Wednesday

You had to rub it in, didn't ya? Well let me tell you something about those muted, generic palm tree "old guy" shirts...

Sven,

Ouch! I guess I may have deserved that (a little). Remember, I'm a relatively new guy around here.

I picked the toned-down old man shirt because:

a) Had to fly out to Key West and sleep in it all night, and;

b) Needed something "muted and generic" to go with my plaid shorts once I got to the first Tiki bar on the drive out to the Keys.

Look forward to your new book so that I can figure out how to dress for this crowd. I wear an XL if you happen to see something that would help my image.

Hope you had fun at the Tonga Hut.

DC

Hope it was clear that I was, like you, only kidding. If you look at the Tonga Hut photos, I was wearing a muted-BUT Tiki- shirt :) . And there IS that Tommy Bahama faded/monchrome/navy type of shirt that is trying to be less "loud", which in my opinion is the opposite of what a Hawaiian shirt examplifies. But we had discussions bout that before here...
The "Look of Tiki" will show 99% vintage shirts, many so loud, they just don't make'em anymore like that.

I like those Tikis you are posing with! Highly stylized, but in a good way. I am always partial to that narrow-on-the-bottom/wide-on-the-top style.

Nothing says A L O H A like a L O U D Aloha shirt.

CJ

anyone going tonight? I could use a drink

Not tonight, but I will probably show-up this Friday (Halloween) just to see who's in costume... and to have a Ray's Mistake.

I'm gonna try to swing by there on Sat before the Ghastly Ones show at Bordello.
Jeff(bigtikidude)

I will be hoisting a couple of glasses to my faith in mankind at the Ti tooo-nite, fer sure! :) :) :)

UB

"Tiki Ti will be closed from Nov, 23 till Dec. 31."

Damn! There goes my holiday visit.

Arrrrrrgh! Thanks, Unga! Back to my own Mai Tai, then....

P

The Tiki Ti website calendar shows that they are open tonight. They close the weekend before Thanksgiving for the holidays. That is pretty typical. We have 3 more weekends to enjoy out Ray's Mistakes.

Given that, I was seriously thinking of going tonight. I feel the need for a Ray's Mistake, and maybe even finish the menu once again. As usual, between traffic and my work schedule it will not be until later. Around 8:30 or so.

:roll: Errr....thanks, somehow I jumped a month forward, must have been the after-effects of that special Mai Tai I had LAST night...
Glad you set me straight. So, as I said..... :)

Closed?!!! Damn, I was planning on making my first trip there the Wednesday before Thanksgiving. Grrrrr...

H

Is anyone Tiki Ti-ing tomorrow? Rey's mistake sounds pretty good...

I'm there

I think I may be there later tonight. Need to get in as many as I can before the winter shutdown. As usual, ETA around 8:30.

Yes! Emergency Tiki Ti run! I'll be there 8ish 'til 9ish.

CJ

I'll be there around 7:30ish till I'm broke

H

The more the merrier. See you there.

Well, as quickly as opportunities arise, they can disappear. Sorry to have missed you all for the fine time I'm sure it was. I'll try again in a couple months. Sigh.

-Weird Unc

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 615 replies