Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

Wednesday Night at Tiki Ti

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 615 replies

as usual I went there on a Sat. last weekend, and not a wed.
but.
we need to keep this bumped up everybody.
the place was actually kinda sparse for a weekend.
maybe it was the holiday.

Jeff(btd)

I'll be heading to the Tiki-Ti tonight, probably get there around7-8pm or so. If you see me playing games on my iPhone while sipping down a cocktail, feel free to interrupt my deep level of concentration. :wink:

D
Dood posted on Wed, Sep 16, 2009 10:43 AM

Is there still a weekly meetup at the Ti on Wednesdays? How packed does it get?

P

There is not a regular meeting at Tiki Ti on Wednesdays anymore. People do often still show up unannouced, and depending on when you go you might meet with a TC person or two there. When I go it is usually late, after 8:30. After 9 the Ray's Mistake goes back to the regular price. Wednesday's don't get too packed, but often still just standing room if you get there later. I have not been there in a while and am getting a real hankerin' to go, but I don't think tonight is going to work for me. If you don't want it too crowded, Thursday is the best night to go, but you won't get a $5 Ray's Mistake. Whenever you go it is always fun and the drinks are always good.

D
Dood posted on Thu, Sep 17, 2009 1:05 PM

Mahalo for the reply. I wasn't too concerned that it would be packed, but I was meeting with Ed Hamilton and he was worried that we wouldn't be able to find seats anywhere. We ended up at Seven Grand and The Varnish instead. Going to need to hit the Ti again soon though.

The Tiki-Ti
is open and on regular
schedule till November 21st

We will be closed from November 22nd
and re-open on Wednesday
December 16th.

Thanks for the Heads up Unga,

Jeff(btd)

D

Mr Bytes & I will be there tonight!

J
JOHN-O posted on Wed, Jan 6, 2010 1:23 PM

A rare occasion, Tiki-Ti is actually open (tonight). :D

I might have to pay a visit. I've been so unfaithful lately.

does anybody still go to this?
sad to find it down so far on the list.

I went there a few weeks back, but on a Friday.

Jeff(btd)

T

I'd still be going twice a month if I lived in the area. Sadly, Florida doesn't qualify as "in the area".

Good crew at Tiki-Ti last night - Oceaotica, Tiki-Tonga, Jay Strongman, Miles Thompson and Crazy Al. That's right I said "Crew" like we were planning a heist or something.

PS. We're planning a heist. Ssh!

Good time & delicious drinks!

...also got to touch the super secret, rarer than rare, slobber inducing, holy grail mug! A mug that would give the cryptomugologist among us a cold sweat.

[ Edited by: TIKI-TONGA 2010-03-11 16:54 ]

time to REVIVE this thread! I go every wednesday and I'm curious to see whom from this TC goes?

4pm - 9pm $5 Ray's mistakes! Can't beat that!

J

How crowded does it get on Weds ??

I only hit up the Tiki-Ti on Saturdays before 7pm.

On 2010-06-22 22:58, JOHN-O wrote:
How crowded does it get on Weds ??

I only hit up the Tiki-Ti on Saturdays before 7pm.

Who cares how crowded... $5 Ray's mistakes!!!! This makes up for everything! Yes it does!

I try my best to be the master of ceremony at the Ti. Its always a good time and I'd love to see more TC folks in my neck of the woods!

personally I like rum drinks,
and shy away from the Rays mistake.

I'd rather pay 18 bucks for a Great white Shark, or a Ooga Booga
than a few bucks for a Ray's mistake with whatever they put in it.
Just sayin'

Jeff(btd)

All fair, but still hoping to see some TC folk! Remember, we toast to Ray at 9pm sharp!!

Cheers to Ray.
If I go to Tiki Ti its usually on a fri. or sat.
if I am in LA for an event or a bnad.

Jeff(btd)

well gimme a heads up! I live about a mile away from the bar and would definitely come down for some weekend shenanigans..

I always think its a good idea to post in a thread about tiki ti, or Dons, or other tiki bars that you are going,
even if its not on the TC night.
So other TC members might come out to meet you there.

Jeff(btd)

Agreed! Anyone go to Purple Orchid? I still need to check that place out on a happenin night!

Sorry,Not tiki ti related, but he did ask a question.
Thee Swank Bastards from Vegas will be at the Purple Orchid on Sat. July 10th.

back to tiki ti talk.

Jeff(btd)

into seeing thee swank bastards for sure, especially if Szandora is gonna be there! I must see this Hula routine.

Going today Fo Sho! I'm going to enjoy several mistakes & the fun people! See you there!

J

On 2010-06-22 23:32, bigtikidude wrote:
personally I like rum drinks,
and shy away from the Rays mistake.

I'd rather pay 18 bucks for a Great white Shark, or a Ooga Booga
than a few bucks for a Ray's mistake with whatever they put in it.
Just sayin'

I'm in total agreement with BTD on this.

I love Tiki-Ti for their historic significance and encourage them to maintain Ray Buhen's high mixology standards. :)

AMEN!

What time y'all going? I might have to swing by and get a little something before work. :wink:

i usually try to be there around 8pm since my other half gets home at 7:30.. but ALWAYS there around that time, if not earlier!

for those that are local in Hollywood and can't make Kirby's, there's always the Tiki Ti! I still need to see what Kirby's is all about though!

T
TikiG posted on Mon, Jun 28, 2010 4:18 PM

If you've never been to Kirby's Rumpus Room...GO!

On 2010-06-28 16:18, TikiG wrote:
If you've never been to Kirby's Rumpus Room...GO!

i know!! but I'm a regular and I never miss a toast to RAY! I'm so torn!!!

T

My wife and I are In from Ohio and will be at the Tiki Ti
at around 7:00 on weds June 30th.
So say hi if ya see a guy with tiki lights in his hand.
Would love to meet other TC tiki folks!!!
Can't wait to see this GREAT place!!!

See you there Tikiskip!!!

I should be there around 8 sharp! I'll keep an eye out for ya!

aaaaaaaand it's Wednesday again! anyone in for some Tiki Ti tonight? Also: Tomorrow they are doing $5 Tiki Punch from 4-whenever they run out. I guess Mike is making a huge batch and is gonna sell it till they're dry!

If you haven't ever had the Tiki Punch, you must must must try it! Amazing stuff!

See you all there tonight!

H

You know I haven't been to Tiki Ti in ages, I don't remember Rey's Mistake being super strong on Wednesdays but things have changes since then, they were wow! I got there at 4:30 and the place was nice and cool it was a good 94 degrees outside and the drinks were just wow. Maybe I 'll go back again next week.

it's that time again! who's with me tonight!?

Mr. Flaming Tiki (David) and I, (Patricia) will be there,
not sure how late we're staying!!!!

usually there from 8-whenever.. if not, tomorrow early for Tiki Rum punch Redux!

H

I was there early today, it was nice and sunny and hot. The drinks were good and they had decorated the front right side corner of the bar for Halloween. the new mug is still five or six months away. I love this place I was hoping I would see some TC folks there, maybe next time.

I'm probably gonna swing by on Sat. from 4 to 6 pm.
before the tiki farm show at La Luz.

Jeff (btd)

Stopped by Tiki Ti last night for a couple of $5 Ray's Mistakes. Met Sven, Naomi and A-Frame was there. The place was jumping by 9:00. Lots of talk about the new mug.

Sounds like there should be a good crowd for a pre-party on Saturday before the Tiki Farm event at La Luz De Jesus.

DC

Just a friendly reminder, a warm warning: My neighborhood Tiki Bar (and inspiration to me and Mr. Berry) will go on their customary holiday hiatus after this Saturday!

This means no Tiki Ti til next year! (...except a little in between the holidays I think)
Go while you can!

I am going to go this Sat. from 4 to 6 pm,
before the Tikiyaki at Mayflower show.

Jeff(btd)

We took my sister and her fiancé to Tiki Ti yesterday for their first time (they ordered a Ray's Mistake and an Uga Booga), then off to Trader Vic's (they've got a new menu..in the bar area at least). followed by Tiki No, and finishing off at Tonga Hut. It was a great evening.

The 50 Year Anniversary is coming up in April and it sounds like it's going to be 4 nights of Awesome! :D

M

On 2011-02-11 10:47, Bora Boris wrote:
The 50 Year Anniversary is coming up in April and it sounds like it's going to be 4 nights of Awesome! :D

We will be there!! Can't wait!

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 615 replies