Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Beyond Tiki, Bilge, and Test / Beyond Tiki

Yuck!!!!

Pages: 1 10 replies

A

Isn't it about time for a Build-Your-Own-Sundae party?

D

oooh, and i thought sushi was bad... :o

F

I agree. But I admit, a couple flavors seemed interesting. Like red wine ice cream, and I bet the flower petal ones taste good.

I didn't see Durian ice cream. Durian is a fruit from SE Asia that's so stinky it's illegal to carry it onto a plane, bring it into a hotel, carry it on most public transportation, or even into some countries! It's smell has been described as "rottem onions," "a gas leak," & "stinky cheese wrapped in old socks." But it's flavor is supposed to be like a buttery custard with overtones of soft, ripe cheese. You can buy Durian ice cream in Chaa Chaa's & Spice Market in NYC, Polly Ann's in SF & several places abroad.

You can get Durian bubble tea, too. Haven't had the nerve myself.

K
kctiki posted on Thu, Jul 8, 2004 7:11 PM

I watched someone crumble barbeque potato chips into a big bowl of spumoni ice cream and eat it. He would probably eat some of this stuff too.

On 2004-07-07 17:06, dogbytes wrote:
oooh, and i thought sushi was bad... :o

Sushi's just short grain rice with a little vinigar & sugar added, the raw fish is Sashimi. There's Sushi with cooked fish, vegetables (California Roll) or other meat products (Spam Musubi).

Of course that still doesn't mean I want Ice Cream that tastes like it.

On 2004-07-08 19:28, freddiefreelance wrote:
Sushi's just short grain rice with a little vinigar & sugar added, the raw fish is Sashimi. There's Sushi with cooked fish, vegetables (California Roll) or other meat products (Spam Musubi).

Pedant!

There's a chef over here who's just gained a whole lot of kudos (& Michelin stars) for coming up with unusual taste sensations at his restaurant. He serves bacon & egg ice-cream....

"A restaurant serving dishes including snail porridge and smoked bacon and egg ice cream has been named the second best in the world.
The Fat Duck in Bray, Berkshire, is surpassed only by California's French Laundry"

Trader Woody

On 2004-07-09 10:22, Trader Woody wrote:

On 2004-07-08 19:28, freddiefreelance wrote:

Pedant!

Trader Woody

:lol: Two drinks & I start lecturing on Sushi & the proper way to make a margarita! I was just trying to show that there's no reason to fear Sushi, if you don't like the raw fish, try one of the cooked fish or vegetable versions. Today I'm going to work on a new recipe I'm trying out for a Loco Moco Musubi. It's for a contest, so I can't post it until after I've entered it.

Pages: 1 10 replies