Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Drinks and Food

Frozen Tiki Queen

Pages: 1 6 replies

TQ

Here's one for a blender full of fun (about 4 drinks, depending on mug size). It's my own creation and always gets rave reviews:

2 shots Myers's dark rum
2 shots golden rum (trader Vic's is good)
2 shots macadamia liqueur (you may substitute amaretto, but it won't taste quite the same)
2 shots orange curacao
juice of 1 large navel orange
juice of 1 or 2 limes (to taste, I like 2)
dash of grapefruite juice
about a tablespoon of pineapple syrup, guava jam, pineapple preserves or other tropica goo
unsweetened pineapple juice.

Put everything except the pineapple juice in the blender. Add enough juice to fill about half (or slightly more) full. Add ice to fill, blend until frothy. Garnish with lime slices, cherries and paper umbrellas and enjoy. If you don't empty the blender on the first round, store it in the freezer until ready for round 2, then give it a quick whir before pouring again.

More recipes on my web site: http://www.tikiqueenarts.com
There's also a link to an on-line source for macadamia liqueur...a must in the tiki cabinet!
aloha!
TQ

Tried it, Thanks for the great recipie. I was asked by I few of my guests for the recipie at my luau last night! (Dont worry I didnt take credit for it!)

Thanks Tiki Queen!

I recently picked up a bottle of Trader Vic's Macadamia Nut liqueur and will have to try this recipe out this weekend!

I made up a blender full last night, it was very good.
I added cream of coconut instead of the other sweet stuff, and it turned out fantastic.

I had been working all day out in the garden and that was a really refreshing way to cool off. I shared it with my Dad, who spent the day helping me out, he really liked it too!

T
TNTiki posted on Sun, Aug 1, 2004 7:37 PM

[ Edited by: TNTiki on 2004-11-06 15:38 ]

tntiki,

Mine is Trader Vic's but unfortunately I bought it at the Navy Exchange in Pearl Harbor.

Here in Canada the government tightly regulates what is available, and so far zero Trader Vic's items, let alone macadamia nut liqueur. Needless to say I jumped on it. :) Good luck with your search!

TQ

Hi guys, sorry I've been outa touch for a bit, but glad you're enjoying the recipe. Yeah, I guess the mac liqueur is hard to get, and yeah, I know the web site can't ship to some states...got friends anywhere they CAN ship??? :) As I said in the recipe, Amaretto is a poor substitute, but it is a substitute. I think maybe I'd use less of the amaretto than the mac, though. Enjoy it anyway you can!
TQ

[ Edited by: tiki queen on 2004-08-04 03:09 ]

Pages: 1 6 replies