Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Collecting Tiki

Enchanted Tiki Room display model !!!!

Pages: 1 2 3 108 replies

I'm such a procrastinator, I still haven't tried to switch out the batteries on Pele to get that figure to light up separately. I'm afraid I'll permanently damage it, have to wait for a caffiene-free day.

I wonder why the price has gone up? Tiki-inflation? That's why I don't mind when people aren't into tiki.

This 'Big Fig' is so big, it visually takes over the room, and I have an 8' sailfish in the same room! I need a bigger home!

On 2005-01-17 15:23, ZebraTiki wrote:
I'm such a procrastinator, I still haven't tried to switch out the batteries on Pele to get that figure to light up separately. I'm afraid I'll permanently damage it, have to wait for a caffiene-free day.

Is that a switch in the back of Pele, or just a riser to show more of the flame? If it's a switch then mine does not work.

On 2005-01-18 15:51, Unga Bunga wrote:
Is that a switch in the back of Pele, or just a riser to show more of the flame? If it's a switch then mine does not work.

Yes, that switch on the back of Pele is supposed to make the flame light up, so you can have a tiny little light in the flame and say in a booming voice, "Behold the fury of Pele!"

Or not.

On 2005-01-17 15:23, ZebraTiki wrote:

Hey ZebraTiki. If you figure out how to get Pele working, let me know. Mine was fine for a few months, but now his battery seems to have died, and it certainly was not from over use. Where on earth do take something like that to be repaired? I thought about trying my jeweler since they seem to have it going on with the watch battery replacement.

I just got my tiki room fig yesterday. Looks great. Its going to go great as a showpiece in our baby's nursery that has a "tiki hideaway" theme to it. (Of course the fig will be put up and out of the way so that there is no access to the removeable figurines).

I am intriqued about the possibility of changing over the power of the fig from DC to AC. I know that bigbro bypassed the battery pack on the bottom and put in his own light bulb so that the fig can be lit as long as he wants, but he said the tree doesn't light up. Thus, I gather he just ran a separate cord/light into the fig.

Has anyone tried to retro-fit / convert the power from DC to AC power so that it can be plugged in rather than run on batteries? Can this be done...? without causing damage?

HL

I finally bit the bullet and ordered one on Feb 2nd through Delivears. The enormous box showed up today and I am totally blown away by how cool the item is.

The woman was surprised that they still had one -- I don't know if that means they're running low or not. The cost is now $195, plus $31 shipping to Florida.

Oddly, there was a buy-it-now auction on eBay for one at $195 plus $30 for shipping, but I decided to go with Disney instead.

Hot damn, this is a great piece. I can't wait to see what else they come up with for Tiki Room merch for the 50th. I'm ready to take another trip out there now!

I seem to be building a little shrine.

I was trying to decide where to hang the Rolly Crump print. Duh.

Just got back from the magic kingdom where I espied the Tiki Room model on the display rack.....gorgeous even in its display rack condition......I must say, however, that I was really disappointed in the tiki room mugs........a really cool design absolutely destroyed by horrible glazing....everyone of them was so bad I couldn't find even one worth bringing home......the detail was buried under goopy gloppy glaze...oh well.....like I really neede to drop any more coin in the place!

I have a brand new Tiki Tiki Room Big Fig still sitting in it's complete original packaging. I'm pregnant with my first baby and I don't really think we will be pulling this out any time in the near future for display. Sadly, this has ended up being a compulsive purchase. Already some things have drastically changed in our home!

I'd like my big fig to go to an enthusiast and am making it available here to Centralites first for the original price and tax. My original invoice is packed away with the box but I can pull it out and scan it for anyone who is interested.

Hi Wicked,

My wife and I had a little girl (Sydney) 9 months ago. I bought the big fig for the baby's nursery! We did an "Enchanted Tiki Room" theme for the room. So, you can still display your big fig if you afterall! If you'd like to see pictures of "Sydney's Enchanted Tiki Room", click here:

http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?topic=14212&forum=1&hilite=tiki%20nursery

Thanks for sharing your nursery photos with me, joefla70! I really appreciate it. We haven't started on the nursery yet but I'm definitely going to share these with my husband for inspiration! Many thanks and congratulations on your beautiful little girl.

J

Thanks Wicked. And contrats to you too. :) I have found that doing the tiki themed nursery has allowed me to buy many tiki items with the excuse that "its for the baby!"

Hello everyone,

I just wonder if anyone happens to want to sell your Tiki Room Big Fig. I just started to get into all these TIKI decor tuff and I am desprately looking to get one of these for my Tiki guest room. I understand I am 3 years too late, I looked every where and call Disney and have no luck, I can't even find it on ebay. :(

If any of you want to part with your, or know where I can get one please contact me. Thanks

Pages: 1 2 3 108 replies