Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Collecting Tiki

Disneyland Pele tiki mug - can somone pick one up for me?

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 211 replies

T

had planned to trip down to Dland today, but called and got the same "we sold out of them over a week ago" story. i wonder if this is the shipment Holden is telling us is there. maybe they got it in, stocked it and sold it out immediately! can Holden tell us how many shipments have been made? if only one, it seems it's history.

They may be confused and think that you are talking aobut the "Totem" style mug. When I talked to "Mouseshoppe.com" this week they told me that those mugs ( Totem ) had sold out about a week ago and they were expecting more in 7 to 10 days. I feel lucky that I got my purple Totem for only 18.00. They seem to go for near $25 on Ebay.

T

i suppose that could be, but the guy i talked to this am specifically said "are you talking about the Pele mug?"

i had another really evil theory . . . what if the 1st shipment "sold out" to the park employees (who seem to catch on to the hot trends pretty quickly)? but the lack of evidence of ebay sales pretty much shoots that one down. . .

Hmmmm....and so the plot thickens...

I called the other day, and the CM who answered was pretty specific in what she told me, and also a little snippy as well.
I asked about the Pele mug , and she said that they haven't received a shipment even though Tiki Farm is saying they had.
She then went on to tell me they werent selling them over the phone because of the whole breakage thing.
I call every day regardless. One of these times I am bound to get someone who will sell and ship it to me :)
Looks like us East Coasters might be out of luck.

[ Edited by: Tangaroa Ed on 2004-09-04 13:59 ]

damn that mouse and all his friends !!!!!

No sign of them on Thursday evening.
Darn it.

T

i ended up going down there yesterday. i had promised the child, and you know how that goes. anyway, they're definitely not there. the totems are definitely sold out, by the way. but the Pele mugs are a mystery. "cast members" at the Bazaar had either not heard of them, or politely checked and said there was no news. (very polite, uninformed people there) am i the only one who finds this "breakage" rumor (i'm giving Tiki Farm the benefit of the doubt) disquieting?

i just called and THE PELE MUGS ARE IN and are selling quickly according to park!!!!

Unfortunately, I'm not going to be able to make it to Disneyland tomorrow. I need 2 mugs if anyone is going tomorrow or anytime in the next couple of days. I'd be more than willing to throw some extra money out at any TC'r that can pick me up two. I can paypal, send cash, check, whatever. If anyone is willing to help me out either PM me or send me an email. Thanks!

A

I'll also be glad to fork over extra for one if someone is going. Just me know how much and where to send it!

A

I see the first posting on EBAY of new Enchanted Tiki Room items has begun. I would expect to see the PELE mug anytime now. I saw this one for one of the "minis" ( Not my auction )

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=29460&item=3929137326&rd=1

A

OK, i got the first one on EBAY, ( Yeah, I shouldn't have paid that much, but darn if it isn't way cool! It looks friggen huge! The buy it now was $34.99. I'm sure the seller will be listing more.

We shipped 'em the week before last. They take some time to get out there. There's about 144 each of the Pele Mugs, 96 ea of the Chanting mugs in each color and about 192 of the Teeny Mugs (Rongo's Lil' New Life mugs) in all in the 4 different colors.
Mahaloz,
Holden

A

New here. The Pele mug rocks - gotta get one! Holy cow it's strange... and good!
Am I?

Hey Holden,

is this pretty much going to be the last shipment, or are you going to be making another batch, or does it just really depend on what Disneyland wants to order?

I got one on eBay as well.
Sometimes I don't mind paying the extra to get one, what with the Disney skepticism of over the phone ordering and all...and especially after the post of how limited these were.
I think there is still another one listed.....

[ Edited by: Tangaroa Ed on 2004-09-06 05:20 ]

can any of you westcoast tcs help out any of us eastcoast tcs with the pele mug . even if it's just posting an ebay ad for it . But if you really want to be a pal bring an extra one to the hukilau and I 'll gladly pay alittle extra and buy you a mai tai or 2 at the Mai Kai. they say a bribe goes along way!!!

B

Heads up! Its Labor Day and the mugs are in and available at Disneyland - both the Pele mugs and the little tiki shot sets.

Another bit of info - Disneyana was featuring a framed/unframed Shag print from the 40th anniversary of the Tiki Room - the big one not the little prints that have been on ebay lately. They are $350 unframed and $600 framed. They had 30 left as of Thursday last week. Can't vouch for today's availability on that but I thought I'd throw out a Fyi to those who might be interested.

T

just got back from the mouse house and the mugs were selling briskly - evaporating is more like it!! i snatched up extra sets to share with TCs. i did not get chanting mugs, but i did get two extra Pele's and two extra sets of tiny tikis (4 colors to a set). i think they look more like menehunes than tikis, but what do i know? the pele mugs are $24.24 with tax and the tinys are $8.62 with tax, $34.48 for a set. i'm leaving for the day soon, but if anyone wants to PM me, i'll get back to them in the next day or two. MaiTai Matty, i wish i was going to Hukilau, but no such luck. i'll reserve a Pele for you if no one else gets back to you and if you are interested.

T
TNTiki posted on Mon, Sep 6, 2004 4:54 PM

[ Edited by: TNTiki on 2004-11-06 17:19 ]

It's hard to say. There's a lot more to gettin a mug/gettin mugs in there than with our regular retail stores. I'll do my best to keep ya posted but the info might change.
Mahaloz,
Holden

K

I called Disney this afternoon (9/07/2004)and was told they are sold out of the Pele mugs.
Boo Hoo.
I hope we get another heads up about the next shipment.

I finally gave up and was lucky enough to get one off ebay and paid way way way too much. At least I've got one though. I saw the teeny tikis on there for a couple days and now they're completely gone too. I did see an auction for one set of the four different colors with a buy it now price of 75 bucks. Ouch! A little too rich for my blood. I'd rather have something vintage or a munktiki or something. Give it some time. I'm sure they'll be flooding ebay soon.

C
croe67 posted on Wed, Sep 8, 2004 6:23 AM

Mouseshoppe has the Teeny Tikis - all 4 colors at $10 each + reasonable shipping. No Peles, yet.

[ Edited by: croe67 on 2004-09-08 06:24 ]

A

Thanks for ther "Mouseshoppe" heads up Croe67!

mouseshoppe also had the totem pole mugs for 18 bucks as of lastnite with the 4 color choice

Went to disneyland today. It should be called "construction land" with everything that is closed or covered.

I bought the new small mug. They had all colors available and all colors of the totem ones too. I bought a light green one to match my totem mug (I ain't buying all the colors...not this kid)

No pele mug. (scuba steve damn you!!)

TM

The Pele Mugs are in! Or at least they were this morning.

UB

Shit!
Just got off the phone with Disney, and the woman told me, that her manager told her, that there will no longer be any more shipping of tiki mugs, due to the large amount of breakage. They do have the Pele mugs in stock as Tiki Matt said.
Hey Mickey! Have you ever heard of bubble wrap?

A

There is another PELE just up on EBAY.
(Not my auction )
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=13843&item=2268397090&rd=1

The one I got this weekend on EBAY ran me about $48 with tax and shipping. Still cheaper than driving to Disneyland!

Yup, that's about what I paid for mine on ebay. Those bastards at Disneyland told me they were completely sold out and not getting anymore. I've come to find that the information they supply is completely unreliable. Well, good luck to everyone still trying to get one. I hope you do. It's a real drag that DisneyEARS is no longer selling them.

[ Edited by: SON OF MOTHRA on 2004-09-09 19:04 ]

M

I spoke with MouseShoppe and they said that the Cast Members told them that yesterday's shipment was the last.

On the up-side, MouseShoppe does still have the Totem & Teeny mugs in all colors.

[ Edited by: MachTiki on 2004-09-10 13:19 ]

Do you think the castmembers at Disney will be happy to no longer have the mugs? They must dread getting calls from us. Oh well, I'm sure they deal with other crazy collecters all day!

On 2004-09-10 09:51, aquaorama wrote:
Do you think the castmembers at Disney will be happy to no longer have the mugs? They must dread getting calls from us. Oh well, I'm sure they deal with other crazy collecters all day!

The young lady I spoke with at MouseShoppe was really cool with me even thought I was about the hundredth person to call her about this. I kinda got the impression that they aren't going to be carrying these.

Looks like eBay it is.

[ Edited by: MachTiki on 2004-09-10 12:55 ]

On 2004-09-09 19:03, SON OF MOTHRA wrote:
Those bastards at Disneyland told me they were completely sold out and not getting anymore.

Holden? SCD? can we get some verification on this? It seems that any time an item sells out, the castmembers (as if on autopilot) say that they're never getting any back in. One would assume that the Pele' is a non-limited, re-orderable, stock item. What's the scoop? Are you just at the mercy of DL placing a re-order? Or were you contracted to sell only "x" amount?

Inquiring minds wanna know.

-Z

And as long as we're bothering Holden...Are there any other mugs in the works for release at d-land?

T

[ Edited by: TNTiki on 2004-11-06 17:19 ]

I was able to get mine last night after work. They had a few left on the table. I think that they had more in the back too.

Yup, Mouseshoppe just called me. They got 'em. My guess is that they'll be sold out before they even put 'em on the website.

-Z

M

I was lucky enough to get one, but it was one of the last, She told me also that she spoke with DL and they're all out as well.

M

Good news folks.
Adrienne from MouseShoppe just e-mailed me to let me know that she's willing to take names for a "Wish List" so when she gets more in you'll be the first to know. You can either call her at: (714) 776-8683 or e-mail her at: [email protected]

T

[ Edited by: TNTiki on 2004-11-06 17:20 ]

I have found the people at MouseShoppe to be excellent at customer service. I think they really did a great job of trying to hook up people with these awesome mugs. They're pretty fair priced when you look at what this stuff goes for on EBAY. I will a repeat customer.

H

On 2004-09-10 15:33, TNTiki wrote:
Hey, Z, I ordered mine from the website.

I ordered mine from the website too, but it was a hidden link given only to those that "pre-ordered". For the general public, the website does not currently show the Pele mug.

[ Edited by: Hakalugi on 2004-09-10 16:04 ]

Wow! I got my PELE in the mail today! What a HUGE mug! As soon as I find my digital camera I'll post a picture of it next to my SHAG Tall Ratongo.

I got my Pele today as well. This is the coolest mug in my collection I think (not that I have a huge amount of them).
I will post a pic later on ....such a cool mug!

[ Edited by: aquaorama on 2004-09-10 17:43 ]

[ Edited by: aquaorama on 2004-09-10 22:25 ]

T

[ Edited by: TNTiki on 2004-11-06 17:20 ]

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 211 replies