Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Collecting Tiki

Disneyland Pele tiki mug - can somone pick one up for me?

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 211 replies

let's ignore the fact that it's a beautifully designed mug... but...

what is it about mugs that have lids that make them so much "sexier" (for lack of a better word). The Mr. Bali Hai mug for example...

just a random observation.

-Z

On 2004-09-10 11:00, spy-tiki wrote:
And as long as we're bothering Holden...Are there any other mugs in the works for release at d-land?

...YES!

On 2004-09-10 23:41, smogbreather wrote:

And as long as we're bothering Holden...Are there any other mugs in the works for release at d-land?

...YES!

What a tease.

On 2004-09-10 23:43, Tiki-Toa wrote:

On 2004-09-10 23:41, smogbreather wrote:

...YES!

What a tease.

50th Anniversary Adventureland Tiki Mug!!

Mahalozzzzz!!
Holden

M

Can I have one?

tiki-licious! Can you tell us when?

K

Holden:
Please tell me that you have made more than 144 Pele Mugs or that you are going to send Disneyland another shipment sometime within the next month. I was unfortunate to get in this original shipment of mugs. I have a source to get in on the next shipment if there is one. Please let me know.

I see there are currently a couple of "PELE" mugs available on ebay...

On 2004-09-13 08:00, kbgator wrote:
Holden:
Please tell me that you have made more than 144 Pele Mugs or that you are going to send Disneyland another shipment sometime within the next month. I was unfortunate to get in this original shipment of mugs. I have a source to get in on the next shipment if there is one. Please let me know.

We've made more than the 144. Within the next month... cannot say right now. Sorry you were unfortunate to get in the original shipment of mugs... hey, how'd you get in there!? Get out of there fast or the packing tape will hurt!
Mahaloz,
Holden

I

I was able to buy mine today. Hooray! Now it's unavailable again.

K

I got a friendly email yesterday and was able to claim one pele mug. Guess I got lucky to get one from the first shipment. Thanks again everyone.

Two more Disney Enchanted Tiki Room "Pele" mugs just showed up on ebay, "teeny Tikis" too...

S

Ordered my pele from the mouseshoppe website no problem yesterday.

On 2004-09-13 23:34, smogbreather wrote:

On 2004-09-13 08:00, kbgator wrote:
Holden:

We've made more than the 144. Within the next month... cannot say right now. Sorry you were unfortunate to get in the original shipment of mugs... hey, how'd you get in there!? Get out of there fast or the packing tape will hurt!
Mahaloz,
Holden

White trash spa treatments!

I e-mailed ye ole mouseshoppe and asked to be put on a waiting list, they informed me of the Pele arrival so I could order one. They sell for $30 so stay away from eBay scalpers if possible. They also have the other mugs on the site.

Just got my Pele yesterday. I can now fully understand DisneyEARS reluctance to wanting to ship these guys. This is one BIG ASS, heavy, oddly shaped tiki mug. I can see it easily getting damaged during shipment. It says in the add that it's 11 inches tall, but it just doesn't come together until you actually see it. Truly stunning. Rockinroll girl saw it as I opened it up, carefully unwrapped it and placed it proudly on the table. She said, "Holy crap.....what the hell is that!!!!" It is now out favorite mug.

I keep tracking mine that is currently "out for delivery". Can't wait to get home and see it!

Does a Pele drink exist?

TM

On 2004-09-15 10:27, MachTiki wrote:
I keep tracking mine that is currently "out for delivery". Can't wait to get home and see it!

Does a Pele drink exist?

According to one website "Koko Head (the volcano) which is on the island of Oahu, was said to have been built 10,000 years ago by Pele, Goddess of the Volcanoes. Koko Head (the cocktail) by all accounts, was Pele's beverage of choice." Here's the recipe (try at your own risk):

KOKO HEAD
ingredients:
• 1/2 oz. • pineapple liqueur or apricot liqueur
• 1/2 oz. triple sec
• 1 1/2 oz. • light rum
• 1 oz. • lime juice
• Lime slice

Mixing instructions:
Mix all ingredients, except lime slice, with cracked ice in a shaker or blender, pour into a chilled Old Fashioned glass, and garnish with lime slice.

Alohaz,
Pele's probably the best mug we've made so far... but there are about 10 new desingns in the works for a January 2005 launch and I think about all or so are just as/more awesome! Keep an eye out for "THE TIKINATOR!".... now talk like Arnold and say
"Tilt Him Baaaack!!!"... much, much more, too... Grog, Goon & Gulp + the "Alohabilly Tiki Girlz"!
Mahaloz,
Holden
ps - Ben, can you gimme an arrrrrrrrr!?

Good work, Holden! We just got our Pele mug from mouseshoppe.com, and it's our new favorite of all the Tiki Farm mugs! It's huge, great carving, nicely glazed, and it has the coolest lid! We'll have to get another one, just so Krustiki and I can each have one of our own. Can't wait to see the next batch!

Hey thanks for Koko Head recipe Tiki Matt. You'll have to multiply those ingredients 10 times in order to fill the Pele mug up, but it sounds good to me!

Holden, I agree. I think the Pele is the finest mug you guys have turned out and it's certainly one of my favorites in my collection. I can't wait to see the new ones coming in Jan!

Tiki Matt... YOU DA MAN!!!!!!!!

Thanks for posting the Pele recipe. I love it when I have all the ingredients as well.

Holden,
My Pele mug came yesterday, and it is a beast. GREAT mug and it proudly towers over all the rest. I'm sure I speak for everyone here when I say that we can't wait to see all the rest. Please keep us posted.

Glad you liked the recipe!

I concur, this is a super cool mug! Along with the minis, totems, and the Encahanted TR model, I now have a pretty cool ETR display going.

Holden - When is the 50th anniv. mug scheduled to be released?

K

Okay, now that all the Pele's are gone. How many west coasters actually helped the people from the east side. I know I got a few emails from people saying that were going to go and get a few mugs for the people on the east side, but when the mugs finally showed up at Disneyland, nobody emailed me to let me know that they had any extras. Just wanting to know if some of the people on the east side got any luck from fellow TC'ers.
Did you get one gatorjwade?

Matt was kind enough to hook up a fellow TC'r, and from the opposite coast at that! I will probably be one of the only Floridian TC'ers to own one. I can't wait to see it, I hear it is one of Tiki Farm's best yet. Thanks again Matt, like I said I owe you one. If there is anything from Hukilau, or South Florida in general that you want, let me know.
Aaron

I did my best guys....sorry I couldn't come though. They got them in and sold them out on the same day which was the one day I couldn't go that weekend. I had to get mine off ebay, and I got lucky with a buy it now auction for $39.99. I see them on ebay now and they're selling for sky rocket high prices. The last time I looked one was at 50+ bucks and had 3 days left on it. Funny thing is, now that I've got mine and have actually seen it, I'd easily spend 50+ bucks on one.

T

[ Edited by: TNTiki on 2004-11-06 17:22 ]

Quote:

On 2004-09-16 15:32, SON OF MOTHRA wrote:  
I did my best guys....sorry I couldn't come though. They got them in and sold them out on the same day which was the one day I couldn't go that weekend. I had to get mine off ebay, and I got lucky with a buy it now auction for $39.99. I see them on ebay now and they're selling for sky rocket high prices. The last time I looked one was at 50+ bucks and had 3 days left on it. Funny thing is, now that I've got mine and have actually seen it, I'd easily spend 50+ bucks on one.  

Brad went way beyond the call of duty on this one for me. He tried everyway possible to get me a mug. Thanks, Brad, for all of your effort.

Hey man, no problem. Anything to help out a fellow TCer. I'm just glad you were able to get your hands on one. Trust me.....you will flip when it gets there.

TM

I got my hands on a few, though all but one was spoken for (that's the one going to The Ragin' Rarotongan [Aaron]). I also got the one Totem Tiki I didn't have and some of the Mini Tikis. Believe it or not I spent $182!I have an annual pass and go to the park a couple of times a month. I always check the Adventureland Bazaar for new tiki goods. If they get more of the Peles, I will definately get some and make them available to fellow TCers. I think it's fundamentaly wrong to put them on ebay (if you're a TCer) when there are Tiki addicts (like myself) on the East Coast that have a real need for the Pele Mug. In short, I'll try to get some more mugs for you folks in the far East....

I have one extra Pele mug that I can hook someone up with. My cost was $30 from Mouseshoppe plus 5 or 6 bucks for shipping. Or I would love to trade for one of Tiki Farms "Yellow" Kulapepiao mugs that have been sold out for a while. If anyone is interested just PM or email me.

I got a few emails from interested TC's. The first one ended up as the new owner of the Pele. Thats my good deed for the day....Scary considering one just did this on EBAY... Oh my goodness!!!!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=2268397090&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT

Just a heads up to people wanting to buy the
chanting totem mugs or the teeny tiki mugs..
those are still available online at mouseshoppe.com for $18.00 and 10.00.
no need to use ebay just yet......

So any new info on the Pele mugs? Still don't have one and still want one. Will Disney be getting more? If so, will you be able to order them through mouseshoppe.com or have to buy in person? Does anyone have an extra?? Can I think of anymore questions...? no that is all for now

tj

Ok....things seem to be getting out of hand with this mug!!! Check out this auction!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=2272037901&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT

$122 ??!!! Tiki Farm should buy some back and auction them off! I guess I got a bargin with mine for $38.50!!

Just got mine......thanks again Aqua....
think I'll mix one up and break 'em in tonight...

P

I went to Disneyland over the weekend. There are no Pele mugs there. I spoke with castmember they said"it is an open stock item. They should be getting more in" I am going back down in 2 weeks. I will check again then

Thanks Matt, you rule! This mug is awsome, one of my favorites in my collection. I am probably one of the few Floridians to own one. I hooked Matt up with a Hukilau mug because he couldn't make it this year. Us Tc'ers have to look out for one another when it comes to mugs that can't be obtained in all parts of the country. Good lookin' out Matt.

Aaron

About 120 more Pele mugs will be arriving at Disney around the end of October. There ya have it!
Mahalozzz,
Holden

L

Wow - thanks for the heads up. Do you think that ebay seller will give me my $122. plus shipping back? That was actually some other dumbass.

In all sincerity Limp at $122 and if you live... I dunno... in Georgia for example... add the cost of travel plus the cost to get into Disney plus the cost of the mug plus the cost of a hotel room and perhaps a rental car... and you've made out like a madman Limp or maybe that Dumbass did. At $122 plus shipping, I think that might be a $200 savings +/- to $2000. Unfortunately, the mug's available exclusively at the Disneyland Park.

So in return, you might say "hell, that's the time of my life stuff goin' to Disney and such and I'll pay that money to have that good time"... or, you might just say "f'it, I just want the mug"... it's all a matter of perspective. Run quantity... likely very limited.

Mahaloz,
Holden

[ Edited by: smogbreather on 2004-10-08 23:43 ]

H

It's also available (at times) at http://www.mouseshoppe.com . This would be the place Holden can't mention. Of course there's a reasonable markup plus shipping. Send 'em an email, they might be putting together a waiting list.

The good news is that Holden needs to access more kilns (and molds). Like they say; "If you're not growing your business, you're losing your business."

You don't know the half of it! Hello, we're gonna order "x" amount of mugs... holy camolee these things are selling like kwazeee.. we now want "y" amount of mugs!!!
Let me mention http://www.mouseshoppe.com - they sell them to as has been shown on here many times.
Mahaloz,
Holden

[ Edited by: smogbreather on 2004-10-09 00:02 ]

On 2004-10-08 23:56, Hakalugi wrote:
It's also available (at times) at http://www.mouseshoppe.com . This would be the place Holden can't mention...
The good news is that Holden needs to access more kilns (and molds). Like they say; "If you're not growing your business, you're losing your business."

Mahaloz,
Holden

Why would you say that I can't mention this - let me know where that came from (???) and then mention the "not growing/losing your business: phrase without a clue... lame.

[ Edited by: smogbreather on 2004-10-09 00:40 ]

H

Since you said the mugs were available exclusively from Disneyland, and that you didn't mention MouseShoppe, I thought I should mention them. I just figured that since you have a contract with Disney, you probably wouldn't mention other sources (which you didn't). Please don't take it the wrong way, I was just trying to point out another source and give it a little intrigue.

As far as the business phrase, that's just business 101. And your business IS growing, right? And that is good news!! :)

I'm sorry if it came off lame. I meant no offense.

[ Edited by: Hakalugi on 2004-10-09 01:44 ]

MB
Mrs. B posted on Sat, Oct 9, 2004 1:12 AM

None of your business, I believe.
Live it Love it.
ALOHA

UB

Hac,
What the hell is yout point?

H

See above edit for added clarification.

TM

I think the "not growing your business" comment may have come off wrong. After a conversation I had with Holden several months ago, it sounds like Tiki Farm has been growing and growing and growing! All businesses have growing pains, I have been through it many times over the years. Anyway, Tiki Farm consistantly has great products and I believe has brought Tiki Goods to the masses in a positive way. Kudos to Holden and his posse!

H

On 2004-10-09 10:27, Tiki Matt wrote:
I think the "not growing your business" comment may have come off wrong.

Yeah, I should have supplemented the phrase with "and Tiki Farm's business is clearly growing."

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 211 replies