Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Marketplace

ape mug

Pages: 1 2 3 4 150 replies

mutiny on the bounty.

or something like that. I for one am no one's fool. I am officially cancelling my order on monday. I first didn't like how it was a limited edition mug only to come out with a non limited edition mug, only to come out with a super limited edition mug. I think if that's the intent be upfront.

I've liked how Munktiki does what it says and deliver on time with their small batches of mugs telling you that there are this many super limited, limited etc.

Now that I've said it I hope I'm not forever banned from future tikifarm lmtd edition mugs. Because ebay is a principle thing for me.

D

Call 'em! Tiki Farm has an 800 number (800) 357 - 3360
Last night my husband was drinking Castaways out of his "limited edition" (like he cares) Ape mug.
A Christmas gift for "him" (I told myself when I ordered it) while I was washing it, after it's use, oblivious to the horror's awaiting me.
There it was, a chip the size of a freakin' Buick on the rim of the hat. Aaakkk! :evil:
Oh well, live and learn I guess. I wanted to use the (oops! I mean) I wanted my hubby to use the mug for what it had been intended for.
To be enjoyed with wonderful, yummy delights filling it's insides.
Not to have it just sitting on a shelf, collecting dust.
But one chip and fuuugetaboutit~! I was a mess!
Just way too much stress!
I will have to stop buying limited edition mugs (yea right, as if) or just put them on a shelf and wait for California's big one to come and take care of them all in one fell swoop.

[ Edited by: DawnTiki on 2005-04-17 19:03 ]

CA

With out down-playing the delay in delivery of the fantastico fabulous super dooper Ape Mug...... Tiki Farm needs to receive props for sticking to Ape's request that these mug be something special... not only is it slow and go making this particular mug, but many, many mugs have been rejected by the Farm to keep the quality consistently very good. A factory, or what ever, will tend to let many items of a run go out sub-par to stay on schedule or budget. The Farm is having non of that. Ape will not either. Thanks for sticking this out........
Living and learning on specialty items is the name of this game.
better late then crappy... we will be glad to send a f'ed up one to you Bot, how's about tomorrow? (just joking)

CA

Jinn > Yes, I too think that an offer of good will is in order, as I have been a patient and loyal customer up to this point. Unfortunately I have now lost my faith.

What the Farm owes anyone is a quality product. Money has not been given... only hope and dreams of sipping intoxicating concoctions from inconceivable creativity...
dose the word Relax mean anything... Faith in art?? takes alot...

A big apology however to those wanting for a prompt gift for another, this really sucks....However a quick turnaround on ebay, could wait.

CA

Tikieames....

you can email me for a reply if you like.
my TC time is up......thanks

Just to clarify...I received my... Oops!
I mean "my husband" received "his" Limitd Edition APE mug in perfect condition from Tiki Farm.
Whatever happened to my husbands "Limited Edition APE" mug on that ill-fated Saturday night remains a mystery.
Poly Pop? Why do bad things happen to good mugs?

Ape Mug? Oh that's right, I ordered one of those about 4 months ago. The way I figure it, the longer it takes to get here, the better it will be. When that Mighty MoFo shows up on my doorstep I have no doubt I will weep like a baby at it's exquisite beauty and amazing brilliance.

"and I got that goin' for me" - Bill Murray (Caddyshack)

On 2005-04-18 15:54, crazy al wrote:
Thanks for sticking this out........

I spoke with Holden a few weeks ago and he explained the same thing about the flawed fires/mugs.
I'm cool with the wait.

B

Great mug C'Al! I saw it at the Mai-Kai and Hazel would not let me leave without it. (actually I told Sherry I wasn't leaving without it)I love it. thanks

T

Still waiting too. Got a email from the farm today explaining the delays. I don't mind waiting for quality. You get what you pay for, and wait for.

DZ

Ape mug #168 arrived today in perfect condition and looking beeeeyoootiful! The best part is that I'd forgotten that I'd even ordered one and was completely unaware of the delays folks were (are) experiencing. I just came home and - voila! There it was! It totally made my day! :)

Keep the faith, folks - when you get yours, you'll see they're well worth the wait!

got the note from Holden today doing some splaining. And I fully unerstand the issues. One of a kinds, unique, creative executions that push the envelope do take everyone by storm at times. It would've been nice to know earlier. But do give them respect for having the coconuts to folllow through with the project. I guess there's a reason they call you crazy al.

Mahalo,
tikiEAMES

Well... 2+ months since the last "update" and still nothing. Glad this wasn't supposed to be a House Warming, Chanuka, X-mas, anniversary, Valentines Day, Birthday, Easter, Graduation, or get well present.

Anyone know what the most recent ETA is? Anyone else gotten theirs?

-T.J.

T

Yes, it's been a while, so time for another haiku:

Still no mug - what's up?
Order older than the band
Will Ape still exist?

M

On 2005-07-01 08:34, Tonnikan Jinn wrote:
Anyone else gotten theirs?

Hope you get yours soon Tonnikan & Tiki-bot. I'm sure Holden or Crazy Al will be along soon to answer your question.

P.S. I love any opportinity to use this animation. Mojo wil probably follow with his monkey animation as well.

B

On 2005-07-01 12:44, MachTiki wrote:

Mojo wil probably follow with his monkey animation as well.

What monkey animation?

Yep still waiting, but these things take time. Have been contacted through email a couple times from Holden saying they are doing what they can......

T

Rome was not built in a day, nor shall the Ape mug be!

~ John Heywood, 1546

DZ

On 2005-07-01 18:08, tikigreg wrote:
Rome was not built in a day, nor shall the Ape mug be!

~ John Heywood, 1546

Be patient, folks - apparently John Heywood has been waiting for his APE mug for 459 years!

On 2005-07-01 18:12, Doctor Z wrote:

Be patient, folks - apparently John Heywood has been waiting for his APE mug for 459 years!

I'm tryin' Doc. It's just this damn ADHD. I've had to double up on my Prozac lately.

Well... another month since my last post, still no update and no mug.

Anyone heard anything?

-T.J.

CA

the Farm is working on the sluggish program... working out kinks or something before continuing production..... other then that I am left speechless, and powerless to speed things up is seems.. so we wait

O

Hey Al just got your mug (ape mug that is) from an eBayer. I missed the initial go-around. Just wanted to chime in on a great job. A real hilight in my meager collection. Keep up the good work. Cheers. (#159 to be exact)

CA

thanks for the good words!! it will be worth the wait for all the rest.

i just got an update from the farm... the future looks bright, but i've learn not to give any promises... just ride it out......thanks

B

Phew!! This waiting is tough business....Original sale date was 10/26/04 I think?

I've decided I don't want mine until 10/26/05. Holden, move me to the end of the list (seems like I must have been pretty close to the end anyway!)

A year long wait for the mug will only make it that much more valuable to me....and yeah, I'm STILL gonna drink from it!

In all seriousness, I cant wait, and Im sure Im gonna love it when it gets here. Keep up the good work on the Farm, and Al, keep doin your thang!

Th' Bargoyle

Just Wunderin' :)

T

still no ape mug yet
baby was conceived and born
while waiting for mug

excellent haiku my friend ~

for another literary impression, this is not unlike "waiting for godot, the mug" :P

They're worth the wait! Great mugs!

M

Ookoo,

That is a very cool custom version on the far right. Was that available through Tiki Farm or straight from Al? LOVE IT!!

T

Ha! I don't feel quite so alone. Apparently there are quite a few other people waiting for their Ape mug. Not that I'm complaining. I'll wait for however long it takes.

FA

On 2005-09-20 20:10, ookoo lady wrote:

They're worth the wait! Great mugs!

Man those are awesome to see, but WHAT a tease at the same time. I covet my regular Ape mug, but would have loved to been able to afford the asking price for the custom mug.

Still waiting, any updates? I had heard that there was 'good news', but never heard what that news was.

-T.J.

K

Crazy Al and Holden,

Just had my one and only thought for the week.
Hold an Ape Mug painting party at Tiki Farms.
I am sure you do not want to give away the secret recipe for your glazes, so why not throw a Tiki Farm Bash, sell open stock Ape Mugs, provide the glazes to paint our own
and fire them for the huddled masses waiting for breathe free, or in this case have a you-make-um custom Ape Mug.
Not the real limited edition Ape Mug, but an incredible simulation.
Myself, in concert with the lovely ookoo lady, do own all three versions, but would gladly fork over some dough for my own custom mug. I envision an Ape Mug with braces, ala Paul Frank's Julius.

Any Excuse for a party.

It happened - When I got back from the Hukilau 05 - there it was as promised - THE APE mug - boy its swell! - It was worth the wait now I just need to fill it with Rum and wait for the Oasis. I think it was almost a year wait - all good though!

B

Just got #172 today!! Whoo-hoo!! Almost a year (ordered 10/26/04 recvd 10/13/05) and worth every day of the wait. Great job Holden!! I love it. Now someone gimme a straw!!

:envy: :envy: :envy:

CA

it's a good thing i have nothing to do with getting the production speed up on the Lmt. Ape Mugs ..... one year, wow'

there has not been a change as far as speed goes, sorry to say. But it looks like a few will go out a few at a time.

I run with the snails these days, they make me look good....

Any idea how many of the orders have been filled so far?

For some reason I would just feel better if I had a realistic time frame for when I will get mine. This Friday, next month, February, July... anything that would give me hope so I don't have to keep asking every month or so.

Thanks!
-T.J.

Is there anyway to check and make sure I wasn't dropped off the list or anything? After all this waiting, I'd hate to think I missed the boat somewhere along the way.

On 2005-11-08 12:03, Tiki Flange wrote:
Is there anyway to check and make sure I wasn't dropped off the list or anything? After all this waiting, I'd hate to think I missed the boat somewhere along the way.

Yeah, me too.

-T.J.

T
Tabu posted on Wed, Nov 16, 2005 6:07 PM

I just recieved #187 today. Even though it's wednesday night I'm filling that sucker up. Maybe twice.
Thanks Holden it is bee-u-ti-ful.

I talked to TikiFarm last November (I think) and was told I would probably have it before the end of the year.
Unfortunately it is the end of February and I still haven't heard or seen anything.
It's too bad that they seem to be having such problems with this run. IT was a really nice looking mug.

How many others out there are waiting?

-T.J.

T

There once was a band called APE
Whose monkey mug left me agape
I ordered one quickly,
Then felt rather sickly
Fifteen months is a long time to wait

There may be a shipment(limited mind you) next week.

C

I'm still patiently waiting - it must be really awesome to take THIS long!

B

I think one just went for around $150 on Ebay. If $$ makes something awesome, then it is.

Croe67, don't feel bad, I'm still waiting too!

Pages: 1 2 3 4 150 replies