Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Beyond Tiki, Bilge, and Test / Beyond Tiki

Entire Star Wars 3 Spoiler with new photos

Pages: 1 2 60 replies

Y

We've gone and done it. We're hosting this complete spoiler with photos and screenshots from each scene.

http://yirmumah.net/StarWars3/

May the force be with yunz. :)

Cool!

Saw that on boingboing today, but elsewhere. Had to right-click show picture like, ten billino times.

Worth every penny. Every using the internet at work penny.

M

I wanted to resist, but I could not. I think somewhere inside I needed a boost to the ol' confidence on this one. I'm very happy with what I saw, so thanks.

George could still fuck it up yet, though.

It's only a matter of time before the folks at Skywalker Ranch shut that website down. Enjoy the photos while you can! I want to see Samuel L. Jackson bitch slap some Sith Lords!

Y

Hmmm.. they can try. I'm hosting it though, so they'd have to come track me down. PLus there are other sites mirroring it, so there's no way they can stop it. :)

The only way I'll take it down is if I exceed my bandwidth-- which I doubt will happen.

Don't let the pics fool you - it will suck.

It wasn't a total spoiler, I didn't see Chewbacca any where and you can buy the new action figure now.

Spoiler (read at your own risk)

Didn't Lea comment about her mother as a child in ROTJ and here she dies at birth, have to wait for the movie for the final answer I suppose.

[ Edited by: naugatiki on 2005-02-23 11:37 ]

Well, in the script, it does say she makes eyecontact with the first born child, Leah.

Also, someone else brought up, that since Leah is actually force sensitive, she could easily have visions of her mother in dreams, much like her father Anakin did. So that could kind of explain it.

Man, I am such a dork!

T

Uh-oh! Looks like the page is gone! Did the bad man from Skywalker Ranch come knock on your door...?

Y

No-- people were hotlinking too much. But it's been mirrored all over.

I want to make sure my site stays up for the contest starting on monday. :)

I COULD put up the new Fred Durst video that leaked, but forget that!!!

T

On 2005-02-25 13:26, yirmumah wrote:

I COULD put up the new Fred Durst video that leaked, but forget that!!!

Fer God-sakes, please don't do that!

Y

Dont worry, I wouldnt dream of it!

I did get offers to host it though-- but screw that stuff.

T

Just checked out your "Daily Grind" competition.... Does this guy Bruce Gorr think no one will notice how close his style (from his last 2 strips anyway) is to 'Clumsy' ? Jeffrey Brown, call your lawyers!

JT

Didn't Return of the Jedi foreshadow Obi Wan saying that there was still one more unknown Jedi out there? Wonder how they deal with that?

On 2005-02-28 11:21, Jax Tiki wrote:
Didn't Return of the Jedi foreshadow Obi Wan saying that there was still one more unknown Jedi out there? Wonder how they deal with that?

He was talking about Leah...

At leas thats what I thought. She too is a jedi.

He was talking about Leah...

At leas thats what I thought. She too is a jedi.

Correct, he is referring to Leia, and this is largely explained during ROTJ. Recall that Luke and Leia are brother and sister, which would make one assume that they were both fathered by Anakin.

Cheers,
Gwen Smith
(My, but I sound like a geek right about now)

From Mouse Planet:

Star Wars Weekends Festival events announced
The day after the sixth Star Wars movie (Episode III, Revenge of the Sith) hits theaters on May 19, Star Wars Weekends kicks off its 2005 four-weekend run at the Disney-MGM Studios. A quick rundown of festival activities includes:

Walk-around characters from every Star Wars film—from Kit Fisto and Boba Fett to Princess Leia and Greedo, as well as Jedi Mickey Mouse—will be available for photos and autographs.
Star Wars celebrities will participate in talk show-style interviews in the ABC Theater, take part in meet-and-greet sessions and ride in Hollywood-style motorcades. The line-up of Star Wars legends appearing during the month will be announced soon.
Special Star Wars-themed editions of Who Wants To Be A Millionaire–Play It! will be presented.
The “Jedi Training Academy” will give young Jedi hopefuls the chance to learn moves with a light saber and test their newly acquired skills against one of the evil Siths.
Loads of special-edition merchandise will be available. Event-exclusive Star Wars memorabilia—from trading pins and commemorative posters to apparel, medallions and other limited-edition items—will be available in Tatooine Traders.
Meanwhile, refurbishment continues on the Imperial Walker outside the Star Tours attraction. At the moment, it is down to a bare steel skeleton.

*While on vacation late last Thursday evening, Star Wars creator George Lucas takes the time to face off with Jedi Mickey Mouse. Photo © Disney.

M

Just an FYI:

*'Star Wars' Trailer to Premiere March 10

NEW YORK - Darth Vader is coming to "The O.C." The trailer for "Star Wars: Episode III — Revenge of the Sith" will premiere during the March 10 episode of the Fox show.

The final installment of the "Star Wars" saga will open in theaters on May 19. The new trailer will be released in movie theaters beginning March 11.

"Revenge of the Sith" is the third prequel to the original "Star Wars" trilogy. It continues the chronicle of young Anakin Skywalker (Hayden Christensen (news)), who eventually turns to the dark side and becomes Darth Vader.

As an avid superhero fan, Seth Cohen, the main character of "The O.C." played by Adam Brody, would likely relish the event.

"The O.C." airs Thursdays (8 p.m. EST). *

Any TC-ers going to the SW convention in Indianapolis this weekend?

I have been tapped to write an article about the event for a web site, so I'm headed down there on Thursday in my Chewbacca suit (just kidding about the walking carpet).

All seriousness aside, I WILL be down there with the portabar in the Mobile Exploration Lab. Should I mix up anough Missonary's Downfall or Tortuga for a little TC gathering on the exotic island of Dagobah?

I'm doing 6 weeks of Star Wars themed humor in my daily comic--- check it out at the link in my signature--

Heres a link to the show that will be going up at my wifes work. http://www.starwars.com/community/event/museum/news20050317.html

J

On 2005-02-28 11:21, Jax Tiki wrote:

Actually, it was Yoda that said it. In TESB, when Luke decides to forgo his Jedi training with Yoda to go help Leia and Han, Obi Wan says "that boy is our last hope." It was Yoda that said "No, there is another."

T

If anyone is interested, here are a few pics from the Star Wars propaganda fest in indianapolis...

George Lucas tries to convince us all that ROTS won't suck...

Here's a pic of the original Millennium Falcon prop.
Six feet long and very cool.

Someone counted 33 women wearing Princess Leia's palace dancer costume.
One of them looked very, very good in it.

Someone counted several hundred guys wearing stormtrooper armor.
One of them looked very, very good in it.

Tiki content!
Here's an old Oceanic Arts (I think) Tiki at a bar in Indianapolis.
Not Tiki Bob's but on the same street.

T

I've seen the "C3_Spectacular3" 7 minute preview mpeg....(I couldn't help myself!) - It looks awesome - very very awesome.

Here's hoping the film is as good as everyone is saying it will be....

[ Edited by: filslash 2008-09-13 12:28 ]

!!!!!SHHHCKIIIRRRP!!!! --- We have a geek questioning plot points in sector G! !!!!SHHHCKIRRRP!!!!

On 2005-05-13 00:08, filslash wrote:
aloha,

I'm still trying to figure out this quandry. If C3P0, and R2d2 were Anakin's droids (I-III, how come they don't recognize Anakin as Vader in (IV-VI)?
[ Edited by: filslash on 2005-05-13 00:10 ]

Hey, I was just wondering the same thing. Maybe they got reprogrammed somewhere along the way.

Anyway, there's a booksigning in Pasadena, CA on Saturday May 21 at Vroman's Bookstore for anyone that's interested in the concept artists for Episode III:
http://www.vromansbookstore.com/NASApp/store/IndexJsp;jsessionid=73BCE1CABCAA48D344ABCC6331BFB20A.t6?s=storeevents&eventId=299342

Just saw the movie.

S...U....C....K.....E.....D

Consider yourself spoiler warned if you want to stay compeletly pure.

All your questions are answered (memory wipe for threepio, etc.)

Still, the movie majorly sucks. Lots of stuff blows up, and yet nobody's ever in danger.

Face it, Obi Wan and Vader are fighting, you know NEITHER CAN DIE. Yoda and the Emperor fighting, NEITHER CAN DIE. Zero tension.

And when secondary characters DO DIE, nobody seems to care. Not one tear is shed by any Jedi even for the children killed.

Lame Lame Lame.

Action scenes good, talking scenes bad.

Action scenes were actually quite spectacular. Great fights. Primo, primo movie stuff.

Most talking scenes were as a flat as a pancake. The acting was like something out of a high school play. Albeit a $150 million one. Real fanny twitchers.

No chemistry between Anakin (sp?) and Padme. Again, high school actors looking earnestly into each other's eyes and intoning unpretty on-the-nose words of undyling love. Man. They really needed to have some of that old TITANIC style lovers-with-the-unbelieveable-hots-for-each-other. Would've made the ending have a lot more punch.

Pace picked up nicely toward the end. Lucas delivers. End credits engendered enthusiastic applause.

T

Opposite.

Action scenes are overblown and too busy with extraneous background baloney to truly follow the action. They were all really flat to me, unispiring.

Talking scenes: lots of serious plot this time (for once).

The guy who plays Palpatine/Sidious needs an Oscar. He is really frekin' good (except when he's cackling like a chicken). If I weren't already mostly there, he would have had me ready to go to the dark side.

He owned the screen every time he was on it, which is a lot.

Ewan actually gets to emote in this one too!
I always knew he had it in him to make Obi Wan a good role (not Ewan - George. He just had to let Ewan do what he does, and he finally does).

And there's only ONE truly cringe inducing moment - (a certain character saying "NOOOOOOO!" - when you hear it you'll instantly know who's "noooooo" I mean) - so that's pretty damned good, considering the the last two films had something truly awful every five minutes.

It's no Empire Strikes Back, but it beats the hell out of Episodes I and II.

WARNING: SPOILERS

Just got back. Sure, it's easy to just say "it sucked" and be done with it, but it didn't. left me wanting more, so I consider that a good thing.
I do have many questions, though...

What's up with General Grievous? Is he Cyborg-Sith v0.99?

I read somewhaere that Artoo and Threepio never had their memories wiped...so why does Threepio get that ordered at the end (Of course, this may have been a fraudulent quote attributed to George Lucas)

Is Palpatine not human, i.e., a shape-shifter? I realize he later attributed his appearance to his confrontation with Mace Windu, but he looked pretty shriveled and decrepit in Eps. 1 and 2 (at least in his cloak).

Why don't the Stormtroopers in the original trilogy sound like Jango Fett?

Why can't Artoo fly in Eps. 4, 5 and 6?

I read somewhere Liam Neeson was making a cameo as Qui-Gon Jinn, but he was nowhere to be seen...

I understand theaters with digital projectors are getting a slightly longer cut of the movie, so some of this may or not be answered.
Overall, this movie was a fitting end to the series; the circle is now complete. (Gawd, how geeky was that?) I highly recommend it.

Your thoughts?

Patrick McNeal,
Lurker Extraordinaire

[ Edited by: Biotron2000 on 2005-05-19 22:41 ]

On 2005-05-19 22:40, Biotron2000 wrote:
WARNING: SPOILERS

I do have many questions, though...

I read somewhaere that Artoo and Threepio never had their memories wiped...so why does Threepio get that ordered at the end (Of course, this may have been a fraudulent quote attributed to George Lucas)

George reserves the right to change his mind about anything in Star Wars, even twenty years after the film is released, he might change it all. He's making this up as he goes.

Is Palpatine not human, i.e., a shape-shifter? I realize he later attributed his appearance to his confrontation with Mace Windu, but he looked pretty shriveled and decrepit in Eps. 1 and 2 (at least in his cloak).

That's because George is making it up as he goes.

Because the actor who plays Jango Fett would have been about 12 in 1977. That wouldn't sound very scary, would it. Remember, it's a movie. But don't worry, I'm sure that in a new version George will redub all the stormtrooper voices..... with Ahmed Best!

Why can't Artoo fly in Eps. 4, 5 and 6?

Because they couldn't make the robot fly in 1977. Hell, they just about couldn't make it roll in some scenes.

Your thoughts?

I'm not trying to be a jerk here. I'm kind of pointing out the obvious. Why didn't Yoda jump around and do Jedi-Fu in Empire strikes back? BECAUSE HE WAS A PUPPET. A lot of things in those old movies were done because of the limitations of the time. George throws off those limitations in the new movies, then retouches the old movies or invents "reasons" why he hasn't broken the continuity of his story.

It's not Gospel. It'll NEVER all match up with all the comic books and videogames and tie in novels where you once read that the Wookies were powerful Jedi and Darth Vader was raised by Ewoks.

This stuff gets my ire up, because people just keep trying to make it all link up. People are going on online about how Leia says she remembers her mother, and now we see she was just a newborn. So now they're all arguing over and over about how she remembers her mother by using the Force, or whatever.

It'll NEVER all line up. So for those folks, here's your option: Understand that it's just a movie. In the 80's George wanted Leia to say one thing, and now, 20 years later, when he gets to the scene, he wanted it to play a different way.

The other possibility, if you really have to reconcile it, was to just say that Leia was wrong. She THOUGHT she saw her real mother, but she was mistaken, or dreaming. People make mistakes all the time. I made one by seeing any of the prequels. Darth Vader is now ruined for me.

"Nooooooooooooooooooo!"

:wink:

Much anger I sense in you, BarkerBird.

More attatched to these movies that you admit, you must be, to be so upset.

If low expectations you have, dissapointed you will never be, and pleasant surprises in the existing gems of coolness, you will find.

Good dialogue you should not expect.

Only a movie it is, as you claim.
So why so outraged, are you?

:)

Actually, I had the lowest possible expectations for this movie. And it was just about what I expected. A couple of things were better, but they were ancillary things. Threepio stopped being Jar-Jar lite, which he was in the last movie, for instance. And they decided to cut out the fart jokes.

Star Wars used to mean something to me. A big something.

It's a big reason why I do what I do for a living.

Don't worry, it wasn't this film that made me stop caring about Star Wars. It was the previous two.

This one got much better reviews though, so I had a slim line of hope. But I can't say I was looking forward to this.

It wasn't the worst film I've ever seen, which is just about how I'd describe episode II. This one is worse than just about every Star Trek movie, and that's saying something. But it's not as bad as the last Batman movie, for instance.

I would say that Episode I was better than this one. That had the Pod Race- one of the best film action sequences of all time, and none of the action in this one matches up. That one had better lightsaber fights too. Darth Maul ruled.

Quote:

Because the actor who plays Jango Fett would have been about 12 in 1977. That wouldn't sound very scary, would it. Remember, it's a movie. But don't worry, I'm sure that in a new version George will redub all the stormtrooper voices..... with Ahmed Best!

I know, I know, but whay I meant was, if he updated Boba Fett's voice in the originals, why not go all out and update the stormtroopers' voices as well?

Don't worry; I know it's just a movie (well, a series of movies). I'm not losing any sleep over it, just wanted to encourage a friendly debate.

Y

those Jango clone troops actually age too... and they stopped making clones after that. 20 years pass between the prequel and originals, and they allowed normal shmoes to become Storm Troopers and go train to be a Storm trooper.

But yeah, keep in mind the 20 year thing.

Good point. That explains why the later Stormtroopers were such lousy shots :wink:

RB

The evolution of Anakin in "Revenge of the Sith": Darth Mullet...Darth Stumpy...Darth Crispy...Darth Vader.

T

On 2005-05-19 20:50, tikibars wrote:

And there's only ONE truly cringe inducing moment - (a certain character saying "NOOOOOOO!" - when you hear it you'll instantly know who's "noooooo" I mean)

I agree, I did the same thing when I saw it on Friday. Kind of hokey. All in all I enjoyed it very much.

T

Generally loved it - but yeah, the NOOOOOOOOO! was a deal breaker, as well as the "George Of The Jungle" sound effect during the wookie attack....
And yes - Padme & Anakin have the spark of a wet napkin - but damn - some really great scenes as well!

BB - it didn't suck! At least not like I thought it would... Generally a A- I give it.

I seriously thought the "Nooooooo!" bit was an intentional joke at first and then thought, "Oh wait, was that supposed to be serious?" Is there no one working with Lucas that could've mentioned that maybe the shot wasn't as effective as Lucas was hoping?

My take on it: Hayden was hot. But Ewan was hotter. (Always liked the older ones.) And where do I get a Princess Amidala Star Stewardess Go-Go mini dress?

T

I guess we weren't the only ones to find it goofy
May be considered a spoiler so don't go here if you don't want to see who said "Nooooooooooo!"

Tacky Techie Tiki Bar
It's easy to grin, when your ship comes in, and you've got the stock market beat; but the man worth while, is the man who can smile, when his shorts are too tight in the seat

[ Edited by: Turbogod on 2005-05-23 04:20 ]

[i]
BB - it didn't suck! At least not like I thought it would... Generally a A- I give it.

A minus?!!

You're giving it a pass because it's "Star Wars." If it was a new movie you didn't know, you'd never give it an A minus!

I have a theory that there's a certain cache that fans have built up about Darth Vader. Those emotions are the result of the work of the first films.

Something tells me you could prop the Darth Vader suit up on a broom, and walk it through the scene, and some fans would applaud wildly.

As seen here, the only memorable line uttered by James Earl Jones in this film is completely and utterly laughable, and yet, witness the bowing down of fans worldwide to the "power of the dark side."

Glad you liked it, Tangeroa. Glad someone likes this stuff.

To me, George Lucas is the new Paul Pressler. Some people can't see that the magic has faded. There may be two ways to see this film. But from my point of view, it's a horrible, disgusting, far-too-violent and gorey film with no redeeming moral quality. Very un-Star Wars for my taste.

Moviegoers with children should be warned.

On 2005-05-22 19:40, Tangaroa wrote:
...as well as the "George Of The Jungle" sound effect during the wookie attack....

FYI, there's also a Tarzan yell in RotJ when an Ewok swings on a vine. It's very obvious and lame. What's George's thing with swinging hairy creatures & Tarzan yells?

I'm seeing the movie today (free & during work hours - the only way to go!) and I couldn't care less about it.

On 2005-05-23 10:26, BarkerBird wrote:
A minus?!!

You're giving it a pass because it's "Star Wars." If it was a new movie you didn't know, you'd never give it an A minus!

You are making my "inner child" cry!

On 2005-05-23 10:47, Tiki-bot wrote:

FYI, there's also a Tarzan yell in RotJ when an Ewok swings on a vine. It's very obvious and lame. What's George's thing with swinging hairy creatures & Tarzan yells?

It's Chewbacca who tarzan yodels in Return of the Jedi.

I just wish someone'd run into a tree!

On 2005-05-23 11:08, Tangaroa wrote:

You are making my "inner child" cry!

Lucas slaughtered mine like a youngling!

OG Star Wars would never have had that scene, btw.

Pages: 1 2 60 replies