Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Beyond Tiki, Bilge, and Test / Beyond Tiki

Entire Star Wars 3 Spoiler with new photos

Pages: 1 2 60 replies

On 2005-05-20 11:28, tikibars wrote:
Much anger I sense in you, BarkerBird.

More attatched to these movies that you admit, you must be, to be so upset.

If low expectations you have, dissapointed you will never be, and pleasant surprises in the existing gems of coolness, you will find.

Good dialogue you should not expect.

Only a movie it is, as you claim.
So why so outraged, are you?

:)

THAT'S SOME FUNNY SHIT!

Barkerbird, much pain I sense in you over the loss of your inner youngling. Remember, disapointment leads to resentment. Resentment leads to anguish. Anguish leads to outrage.

You are on a path that is leading you to the dark side.

Anguish leads to better movies.

You think Jar-Jar would have been mute in this one had not the fans yelled and screamed?!!?

They took out the fart jokes, and the jar-jar stepping in poo jokes, and Threepio getting his head switched with an evil droid jokes, and all of that because fans complained.

Heck, Episode II was going to have the boy band In-Synch in a cameo as Jedi. Remember that? Then the fans howled.

Howling is what fans do. It's all we're left with, since George decided that The Ewok Adventure was closer to his original vision for Star Wars than The Empire Strikes Back ever was.

On 2005-05-23 13:20, BarkerBird wrote:
Howling is what fans do. It's all we're left with, since George decided that The Ewok Adventure was closer to his original vision for Star Wars than The Empire Strikes Back ever was.

I thought the "Star Wars Holiday Special" was closest to his original vision! :lol:

T

My intro to Maya teacher did pre-vis for Episode 2. I asked him yesterday - "Did anyone ever tell Lucas how bad the chemistry is between Natalie Portman & Hayden Christensen?"
He replied, "Oh yeah - many many times..."
"So - why didn't he do something about that?"

My teacher just shrugged....

He then went on a bit of a rant about Lucas being surrounded by yes-men, how he'd sell ILM off probably, etc... Too bad....

Heck, with the kind of money this film's making, why WOULDN'T you be a Lucas yes-man?!!?

T

On 2005-05-23 15:21, BarkerBird wrote:
Heck, with the kind of money this film's making, why WOULDN'T you be a Lucas yes-man?!!?

Believe me, most of his "yes-men" see never see any of that money. Lucas is notorious for under-paying most employees. One that always shocks me is an old work-mate who moved out of Northern California but was hired back as a freelancer to do storyboards for Ep.1. Lucas really wanted him to do the work, but wouldn't pay his airfare or accomodations while he was there and barely paid over minimum wage. My friend didn't take the "offer".

I wouldn't be surprised if he sells ILM. They were priming Lucasarts (games division) to sell it back in the mid 90s, but it never worked out because they couldn't agree on access to the SW & Indy licenses. That company is worth about ten cents without those licenses, and potential buyers knew it.

SPOILERS*

As for the new movie, it didn't suck as mightily as the last 2, but it still kinda sucked. There were fun little bits here and there, but overall it's a sloppy mess of a movie. Less bad dialog than the last 2, but too many locations that had nothing to do with anything and WAY too many ship landings and take-offs. There had to be, like, a dozen of them or more. Pointless battle on Wookiee planet. The acting actually got a little better this time around, and Vader's personal story arc was actually fairly well laid out and nearly believeable.

The space battles were a big confusing, pointless mess, and the light-sabre duels were dull & uninspired. It was "dark" as they promised, I'll give 'em that. Only in a sci-fi fantasy movie could you ever get a PG-13 rating for implying the brutal slaughter of children and showing a man with his limbs cut off rolling & crying in agony as his flesh is burned off!

I realize you could nit-pick all kinds of plot, character and techy stuff from all of the movies, but if a movie fails to force your suspension of disbelief (as SW IV & V did, imho), then it has failed. This new one is mildly entertaining in isolated spots, but I never bought into it at all.

On 2005-02-23 11:27, yirmumah wrote:
Well, in the script, it does say she makes eyecontact with the first born child, Leah.

Admittedly I only went along for the ride and wasn't paying rapt attention (I fell asleep during one thrilling battle scene), but didn't Obi Wan show her Luke first?

T

On 2005-05-23 15:21, BarkerBird wrote:

OK - I've been waiting for this... Enjoy BB!
http://www.thebestpageintheuniverse.net/c.cgi?u=episode3

T

Ooops - almost forgot this one:
http://darthno.ytmnd.com/

and let's not forget
http://www.khaaan.com/

Wow, I actually agree with everything Maddox wrote!

Either he's losing his touch, or I am!

Double post. Ignore please.

[ Edited by: BarkerBird on 2005-06-01 13:06 ]

T

On 2005-05-23 00:53, vintagegirl wrote:
And where do I get a Princess Amidala Star Stewardess Go-Go mini dress?

Here is a good place to start.
http://www.ferdalump.com/
(scroll down a bit and look for the list on the left)

And we can't ignore this one either...
http://www.leiasmetalbikini.com/members/whatsnew.html

Pages: 1 2 60 replies