Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Home Tiki Bars

McTiki's Backyard Oasis... redux... in progress

Pages: 1 2 3 118 replies

M

Now then, What shall it be named? LoLo Hale? Kapu Hale? Pau Hana Hale? A lil help?

T

Great Job you've done .... now that i've blown smoke at you when is opening day ????

TG

I like "McTiki's"..........

LOOKS AWESOME BRO"!!!!!!!!

M

TikiG, thanks for the props. You would suggest naming it "McTikis"? Never thought of it. Could be worked into something cool for the crewe here.

Mc

Beautiful bar, hope you´ll have a great summer so the bar can be used alot!

On 2006-05-02 10:38, McTiki wrote:
Now then, What shall it be named? LoLo Hale? Kapu Hale? Pau Hana Hale? A lil help?

Hapa Haole Hale?

M

Tile tops and install cabinets and cabinet facia = Done (your never really done, but, essentially done anyways)

Thanks for the many props.

Mahalo

[ Edited by: McTiki 2006-05-22 10:35 ]

Very nice McTiki. A true oasis from the rat race.

H
hewey posted on Sun, May 21, 2006 8:31 PM

I like it man! Nice use of the corner space and it looks great and its practical :)

Plus you don't have to walk far to deliver me Mai Tais when Im in the pool when I come over... :) haha

McTiki ....
Looking Good !
You might want to spray a fire retardent on the outside of the tiki... I have the same problem as you hanging wires ---- I used a product called FX-100 to spray the outside ...if you google and can't find it email me .... not on my computer today!!!
OH YEAH WHAT TIME DRINKS BEING SERVED !!!! POOL MUST BE GETTING TOASTY !!! GOOD WORK !!!!!!!

M

Hewey- Thanks for the props. I can arrange for someone to deliver your drinks to the pool. (yer killin me mate)

Bongo- Thanks for the props. Yes it helps de-stress after a days end

TikiLaLe- Thanks for the tip. The Palapa I purchased is commercial grade and has fire retardant on it. The lumber is all pre-treated as well. Nothing would be worse than to have a bottle rocket ignite the McTiki's lounge! All precautions were taken to ensure that stupidity will not overcome design lol.

We are open most Fridays and Saturdays. There's usually a small crowd here. We are a freindly crewe.

Where do you live?

Mahalo

Oh man !!!that is the coolest Tiki Bar I've ever seen...like something out of BOT. I hope you have some Tiki Music to go with that mood !! if not, I have some cool home made CDs I can copy for ya.

...."The secret to creativity is knowing how to hide your sources"...Einstein

[ Edited by: IsleConch 2006-09-26 22:58 ]

M

Update on garden around McTiki's Hut & waterfall/pond...

]

My Wahine has the greenest thumb around!

T

McTiki --- you have come a long freakin way ......
How's the store coming ????

M

TikiLaLe, Thanks!

Waiting on Tallahasee's decision on licensing our website in lieu of a storefront (being built) tic....... toc......... tic....... toc

Mahalo

McTiki

Mc Tiki, it is great! and the plantings make it very tropical. I wanted you to know that your pictures and the progress is what gave me the push to finish off our yard and build the new hut, thanks for the motivation...

Amy

M
McTiki posted on Sun, Oct 1, 2006 4:47 PM

Thank you QK! That's quite a compliment coming from the owner of your back yard oasis (whoa!)!

Mucho fun times to be had there.

Mahalo

Sincerestly,

McTiki

On 2006-10-01 16:47, McTiki wrote:
Thank you QK! That's quite a compliment coming from the owner of your back yard oasis (whoa!)!

Mucho fun times to be had there.

Mahalo

Sincerestly,

McTiki

Your most welcome Mc, your backyard is wonderful. sometimes we forget how nice something is that we see every day, until a pair of fresh eyes see it. Your yard was inspirational, and I thank you for that.

Amy

M

Water Hyacinth that only blooms for 1 day! Zoomed in on a couple with real steady hands.

Notice the 2 Cockatoos hangin out on the bar! Thay go to sleep there often.

Mahalo

McTiki

H
hewey posted on Thu, Oct 19, 2006 7:36 PM

The vegetation looks great

Mc...Mc... you're killing me with all that beautiful vegetation...how do you do it???? There must be a wahine's hand behind that...Your tiki oasis is GREAT.

...."The secret to creativity is knowing how to hide your sources"...Einstein

[ Edited by: IsleConch 2006-10-20 19:38 ]

Beautiful.

Everything is blooming down there... everything is dying up here in the frozen north.

It was really hard leaving Florida last week knowing what we were coming home to.

I've got three Florida banana trees kindly given to me by Tiki G though... they are adjusting to their new indoor home.

Compliments to your wahine for the green thumb!

Mc tiki.....the plants and water feature is beautiful! The whole yard is amazing!!! The water plants look very heathy, I am not sure why I can't grow those, I do well with the pond lilies, not not these. I haveplant envy ....lol

amy

M
McTiki posted on Wed, Nov 1, 2006 1:58 PM

Isle, Hewey, Lake & Queen, Thanks for the compliments!

Heres a shot the Wahine got of my cat Keiko chillin on the hut roof this AM. Thought I would share!

Mahalo

McTiki

I

Pretty Kitty..Mc

K

Aloha, McT...
Great thread! It was fun to read through and watch the progress unfold. What a fab outcome! Here's wishing you many years of rum sipping pleasure surrounded by all your McTikiness! Beautiful landscaping as well...where in Fla are you located?
K.

C

Wow everything is so beautiful!! The bar excellently done, the waterfall,the plans,the chairs, even the cat!! you have great taste!!!Greetings!

Aloha McTiki!

As everyone else has said, FANTASTIC WORK!!! BEAUTIFUL!!

Someday I should post photos of the our HUGE backyard mud hole and see if I can't play on the sympathies of the TC Ohana to all come over in an Amish fashioned Barn Raising to build a deck, fire pit, landscape, Tiki Hut Raising, pond building! :D

Not only does it require a TON of money, (especially if you don't know how to do it all yourself but we could NEVER get through all the City Permits! :o

How'd ya do it?

M

Aloha! Hope I find everyone enjoying this time of seasons. It's been awhile.

Played in the mud & glass (Well I'm only showing you the glass part for now. (tomorrow actually)

First off....

IsleConch- Thank you. Actually, yes, he's our Rat gargoyle! a fierce presence in the gardens.

Kikekeki - Thank you. We live in Merritt Island, FL, Where are you?

Clarita - Thank you X6 Clarita!

Dr.TikiMojo - Thank you. A hut raising is a fantastic idea! Just make sure there are enough building supplies, tools, electricity, air, water, space, (shade is nice but, optional) liquor & mixers for ~30 thirsty and creative folks. Music ! (A must have!) bug repellent, sun screen, in some cases, protective gear! did I say water? and of course...time. I'm ashamed it took me 12 months. Love the idea though.

We did the back bar too! Totally diferent! It's all grouted (unlike in these pics). Just need a few more wipedowns and a sealer. I'll post those pics tomorrow.

Mahalo

McTiki

The glass works is beautiful Mc..how do ya find the time???Always a project..

M

It took the Wahine and I friday evening to start the lay out (dry) then saturday we bonded it all down. there is much more detail tile that went on before we actually called it done. Then on sunday, I grouted the backbar, and today, I grouted the big bar. Rome is taking it's precious time. Thanks Isle.

Mahalo

H

McTiki, I am having the best time following the progression of this bar. So much fun and it looks great, I love it. keep up the nice pictures.

M

Thanks hiltiki! Here are some pics of freshly cured grout. A few more wipedowns and it's time to seal.

And the back Bar...

Thank for the kind words.

Mahalo

McTiki

Beautiful work McTiki. The extra time taken pays off in the end with incredible results.
Love watching your bar evolve too, like others have mentioned.

K

Aloha McTiki!
Fantastic tile work!
I enjoy opening this thread to see the latest post...
I am located in Sarasota.
Will be following your progress, Happy Holidays!
K.

M

well it's been a while, so here's whats new...a sign made from driftwood rescued from the Indian River.

Thanks for looking.

Mahalo

McTiki

S
sungod posted on Sun, Jan 7, 2007 4:35 PM

Great sign and great tiki bar. Good job!!

S

Looks really awesome, i like the tile work it looks really cool

Wowowowowow.....what a fantastic transformation in your backyard. The waterfal and tikihut are wonderful. I love the tikicat.....so life-like!!! :)

TG

Perfect. I like's. Very fitting.

Awesome job!

T

Aloha McTiki! What a great place you got going on there! I really like the grout/tile work. The whole place is fantastic! I wish I could offer some constructive criticism, but I can't find anything to criticize!

M
McTiki posted on Tue, Jan 9, 2007 9:03 AM

Thanks Lake, Kikekeki, Sungod, scaperman, VampiressRN, yeah the Cat is very "lifelike" He leaves offerings of rodent life in exchange for wet food lol...really! Tiki G you ought to know brother, youv'e been there a couple of times. TikiGap, thank you!

Mahalo

McTiki

Hey Mc..that sign looks great..

Boy could my backyard use you!!! But I got all those community regulations....but hey they can't control the inside of my house. That is looking so great and wonderful fauna!!! Great that you have cooperative and supportive neighbors. :)

M

Thanks Vamp!

I have submissive neighbors :)

Mahalo

McTiki

T

Mr. McTiki:
Nice sign.. Question, does the bus stop by 'your' place ?
80 by weekend ...oh happy days !!!!

M

Thanks & Near enough LaLe!

Mahalo

McTiki

B

McTiki, You have Really turned your Backyard Space into a fabulous retreat. We Gotta come up one weekend and check it out in person.
Can we rent you out? Just bring your toolz and everything else you need and you'll do the rest. We have a spare bedroom you can stay in whan you're not working , just ignore the ball and chains :wink:

Pages: 1 2 3 118 replies