Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Other Crafts

Tikiwahine's Creations - Update Jan 22 - Mug shelf & rockin' out

Pages: 1 2 3 114 replies

It's looking great TikiWahine... I'm envious!

Mucho Mahalos Sam!
I can't wait to get all the tiki bits and pieces in there, I have all sorts of art to hang!

F

That ceiling looks incredible! I wish mine were half as tall.

I bought a huge fake banana tree this week. Though I still need to get it into a larger pot, here it is temporarily erected in the Huki Lounge.

*On 2006-08-27 15:15, Tikiwahine wrote:*Though I still need to get it larger, here it is erected in the Huki Lounge.

You always did like large erect things ....

Room is looking really good.

Thanks Rodeo! I'm saving a spot for a very secial surfin tiki.

And quit putting words into my mouth, I reserve that spot for other things too.

G
GMAN posted on Sun, Aug 27, 2006 3:49 PM

:lol:

Kia ora Tikiwahine! Thanks for your compliments on my work. Being a bit of a newbie & with head spinning, Im just doing the rounds, sussing you all out, haha! Hugely jealous of the great digs & collection. Most impressed with your creations also, the wee illuminated puffer-fish is a ripper!heehee You guys got STYLE! :) Tama

T

That's a fake banana tree? Wow, looks pretty real from the photo. Where did you get that? It's really cool. Nice room too. Coming along really good.

Aloha!

The big fake banana tree is from a local shop called 'Chintz & Company', I managed to get it re-potted, with sand as ballast, into a large dragon pot my grandma had for years. The bamboo container wasn't quite the right shape, nor was it heavy/stable enough. I also hung some lamps, I'll take some more photos tonight.

P

M

[ Edited by poptiki on 2022-10-12 04:31:26 ]

Way to go TikiWahine!
Whenyou can't move to the islands, let the islands move to you! Your enthusiasm and good cheer are always a pleasure to read! keeeeep posting pics as your living space evolves....

H
hewey posted on Mon, Sep 11, 2006 4:27 AM

Looking good TW! :)

It's been a while since I've posted here, but things are moving along nicely in the Huki Lounge. I have a total of 8 lamps hanging around, a record shelf and three new mug shelves as well as some more artwork hanging about.

Here's a few daylight lamp pictures, I'll post the night time versions tomorrow.

FINALLY got the puffer wired up.

I found the bottom part of this lamp (a lampshade) at good old Value Village, and the hat in China Town. I actually used it to weed my garden for 8 hours while DrunkenMunky Installed the wood floor.

This is a real used fish float, containing sand and water rings inside. I was happy to find it with a hole already drilled through the plug.

Stay Tuned For More Images!

you GO wahine.... go go go..

nicely done

A Huki Lounge room update: we added a 3-tier mug shelf to the top of the desk, and you can see the LP shelf on the left. We added mug shelves to the other side of the room, and 3 more lamps today. I'll take photos soon.

Rockin!
The place is really spiffing up!
Great work Shani!

Thanks Ken! Filling in the gaps is so much fun.

I just entered my Koi design on Shirt.Woot.com, you should check out their website regardless of whether or not you're going to vote. I posted a thread over in Beyond with a picture of the design here:

http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?topic=33929&forum=6&0

Pages: 1 2 3 114 replies