Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Home Tiki Bars

The Kona Luanii, Denver, CO

Pages: 1 2 3 4 156 replies

Deserves a bump.

HT

Well goddamn.

Fabulous bar, too bad Zulu seems to have disappeared.

D
Dagg posted on Thu, May 9, 2013 10:52 AM

Very nice! Wish I had the room for a booth! 8)

Me likey

Wow! I love the lava and I love the 'found object' aspect of the lounge. It reminds me of Trader Sam's.

As life would have it, the Kona Luanii....is no more.

After a divorce a year and a half ago, I packed everything up into boxes and put into storage. My ex still lives in the house and all the wall treatments are there, just no more tiki bar.

Version 2.0 will live again and I have so many new ideas. Dammit, I'm starting all over again from scratch.

I know my next bar will have a lot of the lava element, I was very inspired by the lava wall that Slacks Ferret built in his place and will do something similar.

I'll post pictures when the new build starts.

Z

Welcome back to TC. I can't wait to see your new bar build!

OMG How did I not see this thread before!!?? This is awesome!!! been right clicking away! you've have some great ideas for your space, really love the progression and finished product! keep em coming please!!

Welcome back, Z! Keep us posted.

Too many great ideas to count Zulu!

I miss your blog updates btw.

On 2014-08-18 15:30, ZuluMagoo wrote:
As life would have it, the Kona Luanii....is no more.

I know my next bar will have a lot of the lava element, I was very inspired by the lava wall that Slacks Ferret built in his place and will do something similar

Well Hot Damn! High praise for sure, but you should know that I only tried the lava thang 'cause of your posts on the original Kona Luanii. I've found the place (and many of your projects) worthy of "tribute". Good luck on version 2.0! I look forward to the updates!

Yes indeed...welcome back. Your's one one of the best home bars...but I have faith that Version 2 is going to just a rockin!!!

G

Zulu, this is awesome! Amazing, beautiful work. You gotta make it happen again, bigger, better, and badder than before!

Pages: 1 2 3 4 156 replies