Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

The Royal Hawaiian's Last Hoorah (Sat., Feb. 18, 2006)

Pages: 1 2 3 101 replies

H

Let's try to move this convo to the Royal Hawaiian thread in Locating Tiki, and leave this thread for discussion about the event that took place in February. Here's the link to the Locating Tiki thread:

http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?topic=4913&forum=2

There are a bunch of photos there, mrsmiley.

T

Hey, the sign out front says 'The Royal Hawaiian, Open During Refurbish'.

Does this mean the RH is still open, albiet being turned into an Islands restaurant? Could the old lady be going through an update to make her more Neo-Tiki? Or is it really the end?

H

On 2006-06-05 12:21, Humuhumu wrote:
Let's try to move this convo to the Royal Hawaiian thread in Locating Tiki, and leave this thread for discussion about the event that took place in February. Here's the link to the Locating Tiki thread:

http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?topic=4913&forum=2

There are a bunch of photos there, mrsmiley.

The Saturday night you were all @ Sams, well I was there talking to some guy who seemed like he was running the even. If you read this, I was the guy standing outside the Hidden Village room talking to you about tiki stuff.

Well, after I talked to you, my friend and I headed to Laguna Beach and dropped in at the Royal Hawaiian. As we were going in, there was a guy who worked there standing by the doorway. I mentioned that the place was closing as posted on this board. He told me it wasn't true and that they had half the place closed for remodeling and once that side was finished, they were going to close the other half and re-do it.

They are puting in a 22 foot bar. Seems like the RH may be around for a while.

I meant to post this a couple of weeks ago but I did not have the time.

[
They are puting in a 22 foot bar. Seems like the RH may be around for a while.

The RH will remain a Bar/Restaurant but the Name, Decor, and the Menu will change.

I'm going to lock this topic for a bit so that other events that have not occured yet will get a bit more visibility in the Events forum*. If you have photos of the event you want to post PM me and I'll unlock this topic for you. There's a Royal Hawaiian topic if you want to discuss the place in general.

*This is based on feedback from users in-general wishing their events would get more visibility in the forums. Some events get more attention than others, but the discussion here isn't about the event anymore. Let's discuss it in the proper place. Thanks.

Pages: 1 2 3 101 replies