Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Home Tiki Bars

Post pictures of your Home tiki bar/space/yard!

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 293 replies

I know that the idea of making home tiki bars, offices, yards, and other spaces into a topic in creating tiki has been discussed several times. It would be really nice to have all the great photos in one place.

I'm going to post a couple of pix here and hope that others will add their home bar/tiki space pix to this thread. It would be great to see everyone's tiki space photos and maybe people will take more updated pictures this way too. If u add updates to your space, u could do it by editing your previous post with a dated addition to keep all the pix of your bar/space in one area or u could post a new reply if being on the latest page is more important.

The Lonesome Lagoon, Nampa, Idaho:

Witco from the Polynesian idol series, 4 ft.

Witco with african like horn headdress and Abelam tribe New Guinea type mask paint, 5 ft

Late 50's pole lamp with a fishing float l recently made into a light. U can see the entrance to the "lagoon" (our indoor pool room with changing room/ bathroom). It opens onto the Patio and the backyard thru several sets of sliding glass doors. The pool room also has doors to a couple of the bedrooms, including the master bedroom.

Part of my Paul Frankl square pretzel set, more pix to follow..

View of half of my mug shelfs from the side, this is the backbar, 50's atomic/tiki swag made of wood and hemp like fiber. 50's rattan coffee table with a rattan wine rack on top.

Late 50's rattan end table with some non-tiki ceramic mid-century tigers. Corner of Frankl sofa, sorry blurry pic.

[ Edited by: Sneakytiki 2006-09-29 15:07 ]

[ Edited by: Sneakytiki 2006-09-29 15:16 ]

[ Edited by: Sneakytiki 2006-09-29 15:21 ]

[ Edited by: Sneakytiki 2007-02-05 21:27 ]

[ Edited by: sneakytiki 2007-06-08 19:57 ]

P

nice lava lamp, man. Sweet "crib" lol

Thx Pocky.

bump

Here's me olde bar, the Kon Tiki Paradise Room...one day to be born anew..

P

M

[ Edited by poptiki on 2022-10-12 04:53:04 ]

Great bar! How long did it take you put together?

Sweet bar BK, didja' move? Is it in storage? One day to be reborn? I should hope so! Thx for the pix.

ST

I,ve been working on both rooms of my basement for quite some time now and thought I'd like to post a few pictures of the progress.

This is the Tabu bar and lounge

a tribute to fallen brother Chris, R.I.P.

a few mugs

the 2nd lounge room next to the main bar

with a 2nd bar hehehe....

Of course, the 2nd lounge area is a work in progress but, when is anything really done?
Mahalo,
Donny

Opportunity knocks,trouble kicks in the door.

Tattoo Donny, thou art perfection. You make skiing in Idaho pale by comparison! May I come visit?

Wow nice bar Donny! I love your rattan room!

PS I just added more blurry pix of my bar.

[ Edited by: Sneakytiki 2006-05-31 16:15 ]

Sneakytiki and Satan's Sin, thanks for the nice posts.You're both more than welcome to drop by for mai tai's since i just got 2 bottles of Tanduay rum from the Philippines.

Mahalo,
Donny

"bother" said pooh as he chambered another round

ST

Why oh why can't we have basements at the beach. I mean, other than the obvious reasons like that whole water table and flooding thing.

Totally bad ass Donny!!

SurfTiki,
I also am basementless, so since this is a ranch with windows everywhere and therefore not alot of space to hang art etc.. I tried to make a "sun room" in the tradition of the 30's 40's, not old skool tiki per se, but pre skool if u will. The cedar lined pool room was painted by the ignorant 1st owner so if I get the mondo paint stripping job done I can tikify it as well.

F

Here is the thread with my bar pics.

http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?topic=17692&forum=2&hilite=leeward%20lounge

I don't spend nearly enough time in it. I'm still hoping Tiki Central's Tiki Crawl 6 will make it out my way. :wink:

Finkdaddy>> Thanks for linking that thread! I´ve been looking for pictures of your loung in the "other crafts" section since i re-joined this place. Your building thread was a big inspiration for me the last time i joined this forum.

[ Edited by: tikidreams 2006-06-02 13:31 ]

Wow! Great job finkdaddy! I lived in North Chicago for a year and one thing I miss is the great basement bars with billiards, darts, and just about anything else u'd need, but I never got to go to a tiki paradise in a basement like you have!!

The Mauna Loa Lounge: Just replaced my old homemade (and too small) bamboo bar with this vintage teak bar I recently found...

Beauty!

B
Bete posted on Wed, Aug 9, 2006 4:13 PM

Cool tiki bars b eing posted in here, very cool indeed.

Ok these are a little old but like we said its a work in progess:

this witco fountain has a kiegs shelf over it now with mugs and some other fun stuff like a monkeyman framed print and some Gope boards

this is what you see from the bar - it will soon have a fake marshmallow couch and it already has a on onion jug made into lamp and a fishnet up behind all the pictures on the wall and puffer fish too.

a wide of the bar

so you can see the stools

I am hoping to add bamboo matting around the room, but awaiting some supplies.

there's also a tiki bar out by the pool for the warm weather!!!! (soon to have that fountain built too!)

good times

John in Montreal and Sneaky Jack, Nice tikis!!

Thanks Sneakytiki!

A few details:
-the large tiki hanging on the wall was carved a couple of years ago by CC Rider out in the desert near Palm Springs
-small tiki on the speaker in front of the bar was brought back from Tahiti (not by me, unfortunately... it was a gift)
-the lamp on the bar was rescued from the late Hawaii Kai Lounge in the Bill Wong's Restaurant here in Montreal
-the hanging lamp is from my family's old basement bar in my childhood home
-framed menus above the shelves are from the Kon Tiki restaurant in Montreal (60s and 70s versions)

The bar: I recently found it in a local mid-century collectibles and furnishings shop here in town. No details on the manufacturer but it is teak and most certainly dates to the early- to mid-60s. Here is a detail of the top:

Other tikis in the room (opposite the bar, so they're not visible in the picture) include this pair of masks rescued from the Kona Kai Motel in Wildwood Crest, NJ just prior to its demolition last year":

Bump

bump

The "Smiling Gecko Bar": This is my 1st foray into Tiki bars. I'm setting this up in my back yard here in Okinawa, Japan. It's a work in progress, but I'm pretty happy with how it's turned out so far. It's an old metal/fabric bar that I picked out of the trash and re-furbished (See the 'before' picture).Suggestions/constructive criticism is welcome and appreciated.
SG

Nice RESTO- job on that bar!

Aloha,

I don't know if it counts, but here is a traveling bar that Tedtiki and I built for a family event recently. It's in front of my '68 Airstream trailer (aka the Tiki Trailer)and that's my home on the road.

As you can see Tedtiki, Savage Patty, Mrs. Lucy Diamond and I didn't have far to crawl after a fun evening of tiki drinks.

Tikiman
(aka Mr. Lucy Diamond)

R

Awesome work gang! These things sure do become a labor of rum (er, love). Here is a link to the pics from my new tiki room:

http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?topic=20451&forum=4&10

F
Fugu posted on Tue, Oct 3, 2006 8:56 AM

Nice travelling tiki bar Lucy Diamond (and really sweet airstream trailer). What is the diving helmet on the bar? Is that an ice bucket? If so that is one of the coolest ice buckets I've seen!

Aloha Smiling Gecko,

Nice bar! Any chance you could post this on the Tiki on a Budget thread?

Mahalo!

-Eleio

Happy to!
It'll just be the same pics... For now. As I haven't had time to do anything new.

On 2006-10-03 08:56, Fugu wrote:
Nice travelling tiki bar Lucy Diamond (and really sweet airstream trailer). What is the diving helmet on the bar? Is that an ice bucket? If so that is one of the coolest ice buckets I've seen!

Aloha Fugu,

Tedtiki and I put the bar together in basically 3 hours the evening before the event. We Put it in front of a vintage trailer for a great back drop and the traveling tiki bar was born. The diving helmet is an ice bucket and belongs to Tedtiki & Savage Patty. I think they scored that in an antique store.

Here's a close-up of the helmet

Tikiman
(Mr. Lucy Diamond)

MN

My three person bar. Two at the bar and one behind.

And the view from behind the bar.

I do need triangle shelves for the overflow bottles and mugs though.

Noname, nice job on the split bamboo for the railing, very ingenious!

T
T
T
T

http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b6ce25b3127cce8db57aae6fb400000016100AZtWLZm2ZsWJg

Tiki dogs - - - 'Bonnie & Clyde' [Bonnie's the black one]

Here's some pics from The Soccer Tiki Grotto:

The Keeper of The Soccer Tiki Grotto

It all started with this Bamboo Ben Bar

[ Edited by: WooHooWahine 2006-10-04 21:35 ]

I

Well here's my little Tiki paradise, I just started and intend on adding much more..

On 2006-10-04 21:33, WooHooWahine wrote:
Here's some pics from The Soccer Tiki Grotto:

The Keeper of The Soccer Tiki Grotto

It all started with this Bamboo Ben Bar

Hey! When did you sneek into the SoccerTiki Grotto and take those??? Didn't you read the sign the says "No flash photography please"???

TF

Wohoo / Soccer:

Your grotto looks great!!!! Cool to see.
Hope you all are doing well!!

T.F.

On 2006-10-05 11:16, Tiki Fink wrote:
Wohoo / Soccer:

Your grotto looks great!!!! Cool to see.
Hope you all are doing well!!

T.F.

Mucho Mahalo Tiki Fink. We missed you and your Wahine in Tucson. When are you coming to Californitiki???

Bump n' grind...

ST

I hope to get started on a surf themed bar for a friends backyard this weekend. I am planning on doing the bar top with surf pictures and stickers and stuff and then poly'ing over it. Questions:

1. How quickly do pictures fade outdoors and is there a UV protectant out there some where.

2. Can I use polyurethane when it is cold out or will it not set up correctly, or should I be using something other than poly?

Hope to have something to show on this topic soon.

Mahalo

ST

Lacking any reply from your folks I pushed on ahead. It is not quite fininshed but close enough to post.

Step one: Rescue a shipping crate from the trash

Step two: Assemble in the shape of a bar

Step three: Add beachy trim (AKA dollar store beach mats)

Step four: Top it off with vintage surfing images and slap on some marine spar

Close up of some of the images:

Not super happy with the discoloration that the spar gave but hopefully it will help it last longer.

[ Edited by: Surf tiki 2006-11-06 06:35 ]

[ Edited by: Surf tiki 2006-11-06 06:40 ]

T

Why didn't you make the bar at least 6 feet long ? Bigger BAR mo people mo people mo fun !!!!!

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 293 replies