Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Home Tiki Bars

Post pictures of your Home tiki bar/space/yard!

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 293 replies

T

Wow. Great use of space! Is that an original Robb Hamel?

I am finally amongst the ranks of home owners! What this means is that there is a 632 square foot basement in need of being finished as my tiki bar... I am looking for some help in achieving my desired effects. I can provide measurements and even pictures of what I've got so far, any help would be GREATLY appreciated!

Congrats SwingingTiki!

The freedom of finally doing what you want is a joy that comes with owning the house!

Let's see what ya got so far, maybe we can give you some tips!

[ Edited by: Lake Surfer 2008-11-03 23:10 ]

T
teaKEY posted on Tue, Nov 4, 2008 4:10 AM

On 2008-11-03 22:09, SwingingTiki wrote:
I am finally amongst the ranks of home owners! What this means is that there is a 632 square foot basement in need of being finished as my tiki bar... I am looking for some help in achieving my desired effects. I can provide measurements and even pictures of what I've got so far, any help would be GREATLY appreciated!

ME TOO!

And that Robb painting is very sexual

T

Virani I think it is so cool that the Kahiki velvet is in Paris!
Is it marked Kahiki Columbus Ohio on the back?
I did put it on some of the stuff so people would know.
Also nice room.
Great job!

V
virani posted on Wed, Nov 5, 2008 4:18 AM

On 2008-11-04 04:22, tikiskip wrote:
Virani I think it is so cool that the Kahiki velvet is in Paris!
Is it marked Kahiki Columbus Ohio on the back?
I did put it on some of the stuff so people would know.
Also nice room.
Great job!

Thanks.
No, there's no Kahiki mention on the back. I also did a kahiki shrink behind a glass and with lights in the living room, with other stuff from Don's, vic's...such as menus, mugs, postcards...
I'm really happy to have that great painting in my bar.
And, yes, it's an original Robb Hammel (the first of the Nuku Hiva valley serie), and I love it.

Virani,

That tiki room is looking Funtikitaztique!

Something we built a few years a go :)

from a video still
http://img03.picoodle.com/img/img03/3/11/16/f_bar1m_b508e17.jpg

at night

[ Edited by: Deckhand_Davy 2008-11-16 10:09 ]

Nice outdoor bar Davy! I like the lights under the bar and the lights along the top as well.

V

Well here was the start of my Tiki Balcony here in Anthem. Bar was from Fry's. I did intend to build one from scratch (bamboo) but was persuaded to "just buy one" "cheap"
Anyway all this is now packed away in my Parents RV garage her in Prescott as since losing my job due to the economy and having challenges of re-employment, my wife decided I needed to go. Anyway It will be rebuilt, one day, hopefully in a Ralph Haver fixer upper. Thats my goal anyway.

vrodder

Soon you will have too much stuff. It happens fast. Take your time enjoy the planning stages.

Nice start.

[ Edited by: shampoovta 2009-01-08 18:00 ]

P
Pyro posted on Thu, Jan 22, 2009 5:36 PM

The bar and sofa I inherited from grandparents, the other furniture is from thrift stores. The room is a work in progress, constantly delayed by lack of time/money. We have more mugs as well, but until we find more shelves they live in storage.

Hey guy's I know it isnt much but I thought I would post some pix of my Mobile Tiki Bar...

Ok so here is the Mobile Tiki Bar...(its on wheels... 8) ) I got a great deal on the bamboo, £3.50 for a 3m length that had a diameter of 8cm... I purchased 10 poles... :D I was thinking about adding a footrest just to finish it off???

Here is a pic from one of my Luau's (Im the one behind the bar while everyone enjoys themselves...) I might add that it was a typical English night in July, it tipped it down all night, but hey after a few cocktails everyone soon forgot about the rain... :lol:

And Finally, I know its not a Tiki Bar but I thought I would post a pic of my Hawaiian Themed photo board I made, you know where you put your head through and have your photo taken... :P

Cheezy I know... :wink:

Looks like everyone is having a great time. That's what it's all about :)
I'm building mine to have a party-ready room for family and friends.
http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?topic=28247&forum=18&72

Wow just seen your pics of your Tiki room Mr Pupu Pants, its amazing :o , I just wish I had the space like you do...I am restricted as I still live with my parents and so only allowed to make a small Tiki Bar which can be kept in the garage when not in use :evil: ...As soon as I am in a position to buy my own place I am so building a permanent Tiki bar in the garden and having a Tiki inspired room inside the house... :P

I am saving pennies...just a bit hard to get in the property ladder over here, especially now that our country is in a bloomin resession or whatever they want to call it... :P

well living in a place that snow on the ground for 3-4 months a year the inside is where it's gonna have to be ,Here is my start at the eventual fully involved TIKI ROOM !

OH yes thats burlap above the reed fencing and I stamped it with ink and a stamp I made outta foam rubber see the ink soaks in a little more than paint and I didnt want a crusty surface dig ?
still adding all the time !( NEW! ...MY RUBYS DILEMA from FRANKIES TIKI ROOM!)

[ Edited by: TIKIVILLE 2009-05-19 17:24 ]

S
sungod posted on Mon, Feb 9, 2009 1:27 PM

Nice use of materials!!

Thanks ! ....long way to go but it's a start right ?

WOW! I just went thru a quick scan of all 18 pages. No doubt there's a huge love for tiki style here. Makes me want to make a drink and kick back. I don't have a bar, yet, but all of the eye candy here is a great inspiration. WOAH!
Here's a couple shots of my backyard/space.
This first one is just after a torrential downpour. (I love those as long as I'm home)

This second image reminds me of a dark mysterious lagoon.

Here's my tiki bar with some custom painting and additions of bamboo and lighting. I bought the bar from Target and then started customizing.

Painting the bar top...

Painting the tiki dude...

Finished bar top...

Assembled tiki bar...

Lighting...

L

Really like that paint job you got going on Tiki Becks.

Nice work!

T

Wow! Tiki Becks, beautiful Tiki Bar... absolutely love it! Is that Johnny Johnny behind the bar in the last shot? lol peace

I finally got around to taking pics of my tiki bar room:

T

Here's my contribution. This is in Northern Virginia about halfway between Warrenton and Culpeper.

Currently working on an indoor bar as well.

[ Edited by: tikifarm 2009-05-05 09:13 ]

B

Still looking to add to it... I recently put a blue light in it... pics up soon...

B

I got some more Tiki-ness to add to the bar from Fiesta Hermosa, in Hermosa Beach, Cali this past weekend.

Great thread. To keep it going, here's my humble pad in South Florida. Unfortunately, I'm stuck on the second-floor of a modern condo, but I've tried to make it as comfortable as I can ...

Bar imported from France and restored by Deco Don on West Palm Beach's Antique Row.

The other furniture is also from Deco Don's. Shelves courtesy of various eBay merchants.

The "Lowbrow Lanai" season 2! Our backyard bar open May-October.

This is still one of my favorite threads on TC. Great stuff. J.T., your jungle environment makes me jealous.

Z

My tiny l'il area... still attemptng to add on and work it...

~Z.

L

On 2009-05-30 08:15, sputnikmoss wrote:
The "Lowbrow Lanai" season 2! Our backyard bar open May-October.

I love your space so much Sputnikmoss! Actually a lot of what you post is so similar to my tastes that I look forward to meeting you one day. Fabulous!

Thanks Leleliz! My husband and I are crazy thrifters/mid-century collectors. It's always nice to meet people who "get" it!

B
Bincho posted on Sat, Jun 6, 2009 7:44 PM

I had my original outdoor bar construction up (See page 8 of this thread for my starting pics)over the last 2 years and have been adding a tiki hut annex to it this year. Hopefully the neighbors don't get too fed up. There is actually a functional second floor that I built in, with a drop down rope ladder-

Thatching the whole thing might be too crazy, and I need the sun for my plants.

[ Edited by: Bincho 2009-06-06 19:51 ]

A couple weeks ago I started on the "Ooku' Aku Lounge" it's a work in progress.
I always wanted a basement bar and now that I am a home owner I can do what I want!!!!! (as long as she agrees.)

The Ooku' Aku
http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?topic=32394&forum=18&6

We just moved into this house and the basement bar was done in a Tudor/Olde English pub fashion some time in the 70s. I've basically just unpacked everything and wired in a couple of lights. I haven't done any real renos to it yet, but I've got a few ideas. I'm definitely open to anyone's suggestions, keeping in mind that materials are a bit slim up here.

I don't mind the fake stone or dark wood grain. But the brass fireplace screen has to go...

I managed to get this couch thrown in with the house (most people ask how much they dropped the price for us to keep it)

Here's the bar.

The stereo and the standard tiki salad utensils.

The cheapo mugs.

Various statues and Asian-themed mugs.

The Shag Pink Panther shrine.

Most of the good mugs and books.

The statue on the bottom was a gift from a good friend. I didn't have the heart to post it in the "Bad Tiki Gift" thread.

That wallpaper needs to be destroyed! So, any tips for a relative neophyte? I know it doesn't look like much yet, but I'm hoping to do something great with it. Maybe some kind of thatch in the ceiling tiles? Definitely new wallpaper. And I've got to get some bamboo in there somehow...

L

I like that wood trim...reminds me of a pirate's grotto.

And I had a couch very similiar in style but it was golden in color..that is until the cat got to it :(

How fortunate you have all that in your new place!

K

Keep the pics coming guys. I'm finally starting my build in the garage and am drawing inspiration from every picture I can find online. I hope to have my own pics in the coming months.

Thanks to everyone that has posted their pics so far. Your tiki spaces look AMAZING!!! I hope that my interpretation is even half as good as what you all have built.

On 2009-06-16 08:43, leleliz wrote:

And I had a couch very similiar in style but it was golden in color..that is until the cat got to it :(

Thanks, leleliz! I think I've got a good base to work with. And the cats, thankfully, prefer the carpet to the couch...

On 2009-06-16 20:05, Brandomoai wrote:

On 2009-06-16 08:43, leleliz wrote:

Thanks, leleliz! I think I've got a good base to work with. And the cats, thankfully, prefer the carpet to the couch...

Nice to see a place in Edmonton goin up ...
Like , If ya need a hand or want to throw ideas in a straw hat just let me know ,love to help out !
I have some hand grinders and blow torches we can get TIKIEVIL on the place!

Nice to see a place in Edmonton goin up ...
Like , If ya need a hand or want to throw ideas in a straw hat just let me know ,love to help out !
I have some hand grinders and blow torches we can get TIKIEVIL on the place!

I think I need some of your art hanging in there. But money's going to be tight for a while, so no major renos probably until next year. I just want to get rid of that wallpaper immediately. But I'll send you an invite next time we're having a big party and we can throw around some ideas over cocktails...

Here is my new bar. took 4 days to build. Love it.

[ Edited by: fullrange 2009-07-13 06:31 ]

Brando,

That canvas (room) will make an insane tiki bar inviro!!!

The Kona Club in Oakland was an english pub before I got there.

Keep the wall paper, just add more stuff!

Lot's more!!!

On 2009-07-15 07:43, RevBambooBen wrote:
Brando,

That canvas (room) will make an insane tiki bar inviro!!!

The Kona Club in Oakland was an english pub before I got there.

Keep the wall paper, just add more stuff!

Lot's more!!!

More stuff is key! Why don't you come up here and do it up for me, Ben? I hope you don't mind being paid in rum! (On second thought, liqour is freakin' expensive up here!) One of the first things I did was peel the wallpaper off the front of the bar and replace it with a little faux leopard skin. It gives it a nice jungle vibe. I want to keep it dark and mysterious, like the pirate grotto Leleliz said it reminded her of. I'll probably use "grotto" when I finally name the bar. Tikiville and Sweet Daddy Tiki are coming to a little shaker we're having this weekend, so I'll be plying them with rum for ideas!

Here a peek of my tiki-fyed interior / just been bitten by the tiki-virus so have many years of fun to look forward to
-I hope!- collecting more tiki mugs and other cool tikilicious stuff! :D
Find a lot of inspiration here, so thanx all for sharing!!!

[ Edited by: Tiki-Vivi 2010-01-20 01:45 ]

[ Edited by: Tiki-Vivi 2010-01-21 07:41 ]

Tiki-Vivi - I love your background color - that fuschia really blends with your decor. It's so hard for me to paint a vibrant color - like I'm gonna regret it if I choose a color other than eggshell or ecru! I'm so boring!

S

These places are soooooo insane! i love every one of these spots! great work everyone! i hope it's cool that i post my bar in here?! it has its own thread but i feel it will be seen in here! thx hope you like! we call it the FINKNOOK! DIG______________________________________

Some pics of my newly established basement "relaxing" space. We had the grand opening over the Christams holiday with out of town friends and relatives. It was a big hit and alot more fun than sitting upstairs in the living room.

:D ThanX Beadtiki!
My dad called me insane as he found out in what colour I wanted to paint my walls.
He convinced me to sleep a night over it, what I did, but still made my decision.
We had a lot of fun painting the boring white walls in such a catchy colour and I'm still loving it -have it now for 8 years-!
It's a spacious appartement, so it makes it very cosy.
I never regretted it for one moment, so I would say go for it!
My kitchen is painted in light blue and bright orange, wich is also very cool.
I don't have room for a bar, so I created this instead...
It's not the real thing, but it's different and funny, I think.
Curious to see you're space...!
Take care, greetings Viv.

Planning to make room in my living-room for a mini-bar though.

[ Edited by: Tiki-Vivi 2010-01-21 07:22 ]

[ Edited by: Tiki-Vivi 2010-01-27 03:20 ]

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 293 replies