Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Other Crafts

Reesenik art. Stuff for Tiki Oasis 15.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 167 replies

Just started getting my stuff out there. Thought it would be nice to start a thread for putting stuff on as I get them done.For all the things I had at Oasis they are here now.It was on shutterfly but I guess that's not working.Here goes.....
Three t-shirt designs. Hodadhank has these in his shop-I'm just about out of these.

These three paintings are in his shop as well.

A good friend got this one for his home bar.

Kingstyedye has Flamehead (I'm so proud to be in that insane collection of his).

The next two are in my home bar.

Thanks for looking.
Cheers.

[ Edited by: Matt Reese 2010-01-26 18:52 ]

[ Edited by: Matt Reese 2010-01-26 18:53 ]

[ Edited by: Matt Reese 2010-06-23 21:27 ]

[ Edited by: Matt Reese 2010-07-02 21:33 ]

[ Edited by: Matt Reese 2010-08-23 16:56 ]

[ Edited by: Matt Reese 2012-07-28 08:41 ]

[ Edited by: Matt Reese 2013-11-04 20:06 ]

[ Edited by: Matt Reese 2013-11-20 19:28 ]

[ Edited by: Matt Reese 2015-07-26 18:54 ]

Hey Matt,
Glad to see your gettin' your art into the public's eye. I like the brightness and size of your work. ( dont' get to hung up on brown :D ) I also dig the fact that you cut them out and you are not stuck in a box. I could see your art being done on a massive scale and hung all over the walls of a building or house.

Also a tip for ya, Check out Photobucket.com They give you the code for posting pics on TC and they make it way easier to post pics and they don't mess with your picture as much as shutterfly sometime does.

Aloha,

Chongolio

Hi Matt I also like your pieces.... especially the Lava Flow pieces. The size is striking too. Cool stuff!

Matt - It was great meeting you at TO 6 and seeing your work in person. You have a killer style and those colors are SO vibrant! that green one would look really cool under a blacklight

You still have any of the lava flow t-shirts with the tiki on 'em? Pm me if ya do!

Chongo, thanks for the photobucket link, I don't like how shutterfly puts borders around the pictures I post here AND crops some of them! I think I may give them a try

Thanks for the feedback. I have been really lucky as far as meeting cool creative types go. I love nearly all the work I see on TC. I hope to keep it coming.

H
hewey posted on Wed, May 17, 2006 8:03 PM

Nice stuff man!

I think your stuff is really suited to skate and surf board designs.

Very cool stuff. Is it airbrushed?
Reminds me of Tinglers tiki's

[ Edited by: rodeotiki 2006-05-17 20:05 ]

Nice panels! Very cool.

ST

No they're not airbrushed. Just acrylic on 3/8 masonite. I scroll-saw 'em and they are sealed in a simple rustoleum clear coat. I'm glad you like them. I checked out Tinglers stuff and they are really nice looking. Thanks again for the feedback.

Finally have something new to post.
Finished this surfboard for a guy at work. Sorry about the crappy pics. The thing was super shiny.

You just never know what people are going to ask for.

[ Edited by: Matt Reese 2006-10-31 20:50 ]

C

Go Matt Go! Keep those digits limber and paint coasted. The board looks cool and the two Tikis look like they are havin a great time in the sun. Keep snappin those pics as the work comes along.

See ya!

Chongolio

MR

Hey, thanks man. I hope to have some more stuff soon. The 'Oki 'Oki ate up some time.
Cheers.

On 2006-11-01 20:18, Matt Reese wrote:
The 'Oki 'Oki ate up some time.

But you'd have to admit: It was inspiring and motivating.
You never know what the customer will ask for...(truer words never spoken)
have fun Matt.
Let's see some more work, it's been three days since okioki

Everyone loves my new shirt...thanks
Buzzy

MR

Three days with two kids. Time is one of the things I don't have. I'm trying...I'm trying.

T

Has anybody seen 'Tiki's' so happy?

Nice work !!!!!

H

Hillside hipster Matt Reese's vivid tiki wall hangings and t-shirts are finally available at The Freaky Boutiki in Mission Beach, SD.

Mahalo nui loa, Matt. - Hodaddy

B

Matt, We're really enjoying the t-shirts we got from you last weekend. Thanks for the whole weekend, I Know you worked your butt off and it showed. Everything was so cool.

MR

I wasn't alone.
Hanks store is awesome by the way. If you get down into mission beach you should definitely check it out.

G
GROG posted on Fri, Nov 3, 2006 6:16 PM
MN

On 2006-11-03 18:16, GROG wrote:
http://www.mitsubishi-elevator.com/

NO DOUBT!!!!!!

Glad I got one of the last tikis. I may have had to shave it but, at least it was light!

Checked into buying one of those "hillhikers" a while ago. The guy asked how long my run was. I said "30 feet". He said "Oh you just need a little bitty one,that's tiny!" I said "Cool, what's it cost for a itty-bitty one?" He said "something that small ....$30,000". Needless to say I love those stairs now.

H
Heath posted on Sun, Nov 5, 2006 6:51 AM

Stairs? What stairs? When did you put in stairs?

fuck the stairmaster - I'm going to Matt's house!

great painting matt - are you going to be doing any more of those 2-d tikis you had at oasis? I wanna get me one o'dem...maybe do a trade for one of my balls? I know how much you like my balls.

[ Edited by: Polynesiac 2006-11-06 22:10 ]

MR

Only when they're wrapped in that sexy fishnetting.
Painting coming your way.

Just finished this for a friends son. He gave me an image he found on the internet and I recreated it with a couple modifications.

Detail

Another detail.

Had alot of fun with this one. Skeleton pirates are so cool.
Cheers.

K
kirby posted on Thu, Nov 30, 2006 9:41 PM

awsome...

M
Moki posted on Thu, Nov 30, 2006 10:15 PM

Nice job!!

That's one lucky little boy, to get such a cool piece of art.

That's a really good painting! Obvious skill. Post some more pix of your work please!

ST

MR

Thanx for the feedback! I'll try and keep stuff coming.

MR

Finished this one a little while ago and just got him scroll-sawed out. I'm hoping to do some kind of series of these.

Another shot(glare is a major problem with my camera).

Let me know what you think.
Cheers.

M

I want whatever he is drinking...... :)

Great stuff Matt.
I love a good zombie painting.

Those are great Matt. The skeleton has a neat lookin' illustrative style to it. It looks like the kind you would find in a old kids book about pirates. The Zombie is rad too. Nice 3Dism with the drinkin hand bustin' out the frame. A series would be killer! Always a treat to see the new stuff.
Chongolio

S

yo matt i loves me a zombie! very cool! now you have to make one of your own crazy concoctions, just like old times at zee bar!

S

i got it.... do a sex on the beach, with two tikis doin it and a sweet tsunami rollin in from behind! hehehe!

MR

Thanks for the kind words.MM you can have what he's drinking anytime you want to stop by.Swampfire and Chongolio thanks, you two rock. Sleestak...I'm skippin' the sex on the beach idea...weirdo(ha ha).
Just finished this one tonight. Friggin cold in the garage.

Fighting that stupid glare again.

I guess this is number two in the "series". Anyone got some drink character ideas?
Cheers.

Nice work, Matt.

If you're doing drink-themed stuff, you should do one for your very own "Kinky Tiki" -- maybe a Bettie Page-type figure with a tiki mug in one hand and a whip in the other?

MR

I actually had shirts for that drink made in 1998. I still have some laying around. Maybe I'll try and get it going again. Thanks for the suggestion. You want a shirt? Let me know and the next time we go have a drink I'll give it to you.
Cheers.

[ Edited by: Matt Reese 2006-12-07 14:20 ]

matt , here's a trick . scotch tape a little strip of toilet paper across your flash on your camera . It will difuse the flash and make it less harsh . YOu get much less glare .

anyhow . . . that's all i have to say about that .

MR

Thanks Forrest er uh I mean Mike. I'll try that. By the way, your latest tiki looks great.

P
pdrake posted on Thu, Dec 7, 2006 4:50 PM

singapore sling

might not be too PC, but it could be funny.

Hey Matt- Really cool pieces! I like the "Curly" quality of that last guy, but like the skeleton best! Nice, distinctive style too...

Matt , thanks .

Those little boards are looking good . . . the obvious next one would be the Sneeky Tiki , one of the Turf Clubs and Ami's best drinks ! !

How about a wahine for the missionary's downfall?

Thanks for the suggestions.
Dr.Miguelito- I love the idea. As soon as I finish a big sacred heart for my friends little girl I'm gonna start weighing all these ideas.
Mike- What do you think the character should be? I'd love to do a portrait of Ami holding the drink. We may need to sneak some pictures of that.
AlohaStation- I like that idea allot. After you wrote it I did a couple of quick sketches and I think it's going to be a fun one.
Pdrake- You're a nut. I'm not sure how to tackle that one. I'll mull it over and we'll see.
Thanks again for all the ideas......keep 'em coming!
Cheers.

Hey, finally got around to painting again. Doing a one color study (picked blue). Let me know what you think.

Its title...
A Nebenkanoozer Appeases the Whirlpool.
Cheers

Fantastic Matt..... nice to see you back at the brushes...

I love that the seahorse has the ooooooo thing going on. Who's the little guy in the lower right hand corner?

Pages: 1 2 3 4 167 replies