Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

San Diego Area Tiki Events

Pages: 1 2 3 4 170 replies

Is there room for anymore? I might be able to make it!!!

C

Yes, come to the Night of the Mug!

It will be swanky.

Well, drat, I won't be able to make it to this one. Sounds like a good time; hope everyone has fun!

WoooHoooooo! What a Great Meeting we had tonight. Mucho Mahalo to Cammo, Holden, & everyone at Bamboo Source for hosting such a great event. If you didn't make it tonight you sure did miss out on a lot. Make sure you keep your eyes open for the next meeting :)

thanks smogbreather for bringing all those out of production mugs and up and coming mugs for us to see.

lots of eye candy and a nice story to go with it. Long live tiki farm.

TMF

Well, it looks like I am going to be in San Dog for either a few months or a few years.... I miss my Kon Tiki and it looks like I will be able to see Mr. Tiki from my front window just does not take it's place... I would love to tag along and see some great sites....

C
Cammo posted on Fri, Jul 14, 2006 8:27 AM

Woo Hoo and Soccer "How about those Eye-talians" Tiki won the trivia contest. They also won the drawing, because the gods made it so!

Al-ii and Kate placed a very close second.

Kate had the best story, about the stolen Mercedes meeting her wall o' mugs.

Al-ii brought the best swag.

Holden came through way more supremely than anybody thought possible. He was brave in the eyes of a very discerning audience, he's de MAN. We now know more about mugs than the above-average Chinese ceramics maker.

Soccer Tiki had the best bottoms.

Cindy at Bamboo Source had the best shirt, Woo Hoo!

Don't make fun of Don Ho's daughter, it's taboo, seriously, don't fool with that.

Monkeyman had the best Monkeycam and questions.

Jim from Bamboo Source had the best expression (happy disbelief) and was most worried about running out of booze.

Cammo forgot to give out the secret handshake! No kidding, he really did forget!

More to come, it's SUMMER! YEEEEEHAW!

We had a great time at our first event. Started the collection. Found out Holden is a VW nut too small world....

Dean

[ Edited by: Blue Thunder 2006-07-14 08:52 ]

M

This was a really cool event!

Cammo, you did a great job of organizing and making sure it was entertaining for everyone. Thanks!

Holden really went way beyond what anyone expected and delivered a very informative mug discussion. We are now all a little hipper to the fine art of mug making. He is also a lot braver than I would have been for bringing some of the crown jewels of his collection with him (and letting everyone handle them). He probably brought over 100 rare mugs. These were not your common everyday TF mugs. No, these were highly collectible and sold out one-offs, odd color variations, and special event mugs. I thought I'd seen every TF style ever produced until I saw that spread last night, WOW! Plus, he gave us a rare preview of many, many new designs that are in the design or production pipeline. Lets just say that these new designs are going to be very popular and the styles are stepped up from anything they've done in the past. I'm going to start to save my money now for these beauties. Thanks Holden!

The Bamboo Source is also a great new store in Oceanside with lots of great tiki vibe. I'll be heading back up there when there's more time to casually check everything out. Thanks to the proprietors for hosting this event!

Cheers!

ModMana :drink:

On 2006-07-14 08:49, Blue Thunder wrote:
We had a great time at our first event. Started the collection. Found out Holden is a VW nut too small world....

Dean

[ Edited by: Blue Thunder 2006-07-14 08:52 ]

I am indeed and it was really a pleasure meeting you both! Hope the coffee can exhausts of the R32 didn't deafen you guys.
Cheers!
Holden

C
Cammo posted on Sat, Jul 15, 2006 9:11 AM

Thanks and thanks again, Smogbreather.

Here's the deal - everybody wants to have a really laid back beach party for the next Tiki Club meeting. All day and all night on a Saturday sounds great, on a beach somewhere with a big fire ring and lots of tiki torches.

There's something happenming every weekend in August, though, fom the Catalina fest to Mondo Drive-in to the beautiful Rincon Room.

So the best weekend to have it is actually July 29th, which is coming up fast.

Anybody have any suggestions as to a great little beach spot with decent surf and everything we need? Good snorkeling water would be nice. Somewhere around San Diego. I have some ideas, but lets hear from the TCers first.

Hey there San Diegans. A TC member from Seattle (me) and the Mrs. will be in town next weekend. Anything we must do or see? We will be staying one night at the Red Lion Hanalei and eating there once. Also plan to go to the Bali Hai. More suggestions?

mahalo

P

On 2006-07-15 21:18, bothellbill wrote:
Hey there San Diegans. A TC member from Seattle (me) and the Mrs. will be in town next weekend. Anything we must do or see? We will be staying one night at the Red Lion Hanalei and eating there once. Also plan to go to the Bali Hai. More suggestions?

mahalo

Hey there Bothebill, I’m an ex-San Diegan who now lives in Portland and will be going to the Seattle Bar Tour! Sandy Eggo is a BEAUTIFUL place! I really miss it.
There is a great list of places to go throughout this thread and here’s my favorite weekend drive.

If you have the time and haven’t done this before, drive up the coast. Get a detailed map like from AAA to help with some of the trickier streets or just enjoy exploring. There’s some great architecture on Shelter Island so explore as much as you can. http://www.balihairestaurant.com/location.htm http://www.roadsidepeek.com/roadusa/southwest/california/socal/sandiego/tikisd http://www.critiki.com/cgi-bin/travel.cgi?dest=sd

Head out to Cabrillo National Monument at the tip of Point Loma. No tiki, just a nice drive with a nice view at the end. http://www.nps.gov/cabr/juan.html http://www.inetours.com/San_Diego/Point_Loma.html

Then head up toward Ocean Beach if you like tiny little surf towns with rows of antique stores. Check out Sunset Cliffs on the way. Keep going to Mission Beach, head toward Mission Blvd, at the roller coaster, park and take a walk along the boardwalk. Keep heading north on Mission Blvd till it turns into La Jolla Blvd. Take the Prospect St/Pl loop, park and walk out to beach, the coves here are BEAUTIFUL! And at the Children’s Pool there are sea lions and a refreshing salt spray on the Breakwater. http://www.inetours.com/San_Diego/La_Jolla.html Also there’s a shop near the corner of Prospect Pl and Prospect St where you can go down into one of the caves. This is a one way street from N to S so if you can it’s best to park and walk. La Jolla (pronounced hoya) has a lot to offer and can take half the day if you let it. There’s the Aquarium and Mount Soledad and farther north Torrey Pines. The coast is super busy on weekends in summer so be prepared with lots of patience. After La Jolla, take Torrey Pines Rd north and check out the Glider Port, great view and lots of hang gliders! Also Blacks Beach (nude)is below you so don't be surprised if you see some skeeve with a telephoto lens hiding in the bluffs!

Keep heading north to Cardiff, there are some great restaurants along the beach here. Farther north on Hwy 101 in Leucadia is a little tiki bamboo shop with some neat stuff. It’s called Bamboo 2 U http://www.bamboo2u.com (I think their site might be down) http://www.sdreader.com/php/qshow.php?prefix=retl&id=bamboo2u there’s also a neat place called Ducky Waddles where Bosko used to sell his tikis, if you talk to the owner or blonde lady (I think her name is Christine) she has some stories. It’s been some time since I’ve been in there. Farther up in Oceanside there are some more new tiki bamboo places mentioned at the beginning of this thread. And at any time along the way you can head east to Hwy 5 and that will take you back to downtown within an hour from Oceanside (traffic permitting).

There’s also Mr. Tiki’s downtown in the Gaslamp District which is fun with the right people, I like the drinks, the food is pretty good and be sure to ask for the Dessert Tree! There’s lots of eye candy just try to ignore all the hipsters, yuppies and the music. I’ve been told it’s not traditional tiki but then neither am I. :) I just love the décor and those glass fish lamps!

Oh and an FYI, booze in CA is WAY CHEAPER than up here. Check places like Beverages and More, Longs Drugs, Sav-On and local grocery stores for weekly specials on staple items. I smuggled TONS up when we moved last year after seeing the prices in our local stores!

Have fun and soak up some salt air for me!

On 2006-07-15 09:11, Cammo wrote:

Anybody have any suggestions as to a great little beach spot with decent surf and everything we need? Good snorkeling water would be nice. Somewhere around San Diego.

Well, it is just a beach. Nothing spectacular. But, if people met near Pismo Court at North Mission there is surf. Not sure about snorklin. Or on the bayside (no surf and kinda icky baywater) off of Santa Clara (lots of parking) which is more quite. I am sure there must be a fire rings on both sides of Mission Blvd.
The Catamaran is just north a few blocks. Not sure if they still have the Cannibal Bar. AND THE FREAKY BOUTIKI IS RIGHT NEAR PISMO COURT :) They just switched up half of the store to TIKI. They had been closed for a few months 'cuz of a fire. Not a tiki store but, more of a beach shop with tikiness. He has some of Harvey's tikis, some Squids, lots o' Tiki Farm and nice silky shirts by Bahia (I think). Lots of bakeware, er, glassware in the other half of the store.

As far as restaurants go there is Guava Beach right at Santa Clara, The Liars Club, awesome beers (no tiki, punkish though) and Saska's Steak and Sushi. Moderately pricey, sorta. And Rosarias Pizza or Valentines mexican. There are two tiny markets nearby. And the rolly coaster is about a half mile south.

[ Edited by: Mr. NoNaMe 2010-02-02 12:34 ]

On 2006-07-15 09:11, Cammo wrote:
Here's the deal - everybody wants to have a really laid back beach party for the next Tiki Club meeting. All day and all night on a Saturday sounds great, on a beach somewhere with a big fire ring and lots of tiki torches.

There's something happenming every weekend in August, though, fom the Catalina fest to Mondo Drive-in to the beautiful Rincon Room.

Anybody have any suggestions as to a great little beach spot with decent surf and everything we need? Good snorkeling water would be nice. Somewhere around San Diego. I have some ideas, but lets hear from the TCers first.

Cammo, are you still planning a beach party on the 29th?

C
Cammo posted on Mon, Jul 24, 2006 6:05 PM

Yes, I think we could all pull together a low-key, morning until 10:00 pm Saturday type thing if people are interested. This Saturday, the 29th looks good. I'm still researching a place, but north of Black's Beach is really nice, with both swimnming and surfing, or just north of the Marine Room on La Jolla Shores is supurbo.

We were also planning on doing an all-day thing on the last Saturday of August (the 26th), locale to be determined.

Let's get a head count for this Saturday, though, just email me or post a reply!

I'll bring a portable firepit and some pig to roast, bring whatever you'd like...

I might be down in that area returning Kick the Reverbs amp to him, after he lent it to the Madeira(midwest surf band)
So I might swing by for awhile.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

M

We're out of town this weekend at a graduation so we'll be sitting this one out. Have fun & hope you survive the heat!

ModMana :drink:

C
Cammo posted on Tue, Jul 25, 2006 7:47 PM

It's HOT! Even my air conditioner doesn't want to work too hard!

So here's the low-impact plan - instead of a beach party, which we'll do at the end of the month anyway, let's just have a relaxed, icy air conditioned happy hour meeting at the Hanalei, from 5-7:00, on August 3rd. They have great deals on Mai Tais, Blue Hawaiis, beero, sushi and assorted pu-pus for every taste and inclination. Park on the street outside the Auto Club building and it's free.

Cap'n San Diego may show up with the newest ish of Tiki Magazine, (supposedly the best yet) and I'll bring the prototype of the CHUNDOR! game, an all-Tiki drinking and mug collecting tour game of the South Seas.

After, maybe we can hit the Lei Lounge, to test their policy of having $3.50 drinks available until 9:00pm!

August 3rd! Who's IN?

Sounds creamy! I'll work on gettin there! I should know in a few days if I really can!

Count me in. Blue Hawaii awaits. I can make it by six on August 3.

Do we need to RSVP, or can we just show up?

C
Cammo posted on Mon, Jul 31, 2006 7:19 AM

Just stop by, bro. RSVP is too much work.

Hey, folks, please bring something with you as a conversation piece - anything. It's so hard hearing about all kinds of cool Tiki/retro stuff here on TC and not being able to touch it with your own hands if just for a moment!

I'm making this board game that takes you to Las Vegas, a Tiki bar, makes you drink a few, then flings you into a dreamy South Seas tour, ending at a volcanic sacrifice. You collect mug cards along the way. It's kind of like Snakes and Ladders, but with rum and natives doing the hula. I'll bring what's done of it so far.

This Thursday, 5-7:00, Hanalei Happy Hour bar. Come and leave anytime.

On 2006-07-31 07:19, Cammo wrote:
Just stop by, bro. RSVP is too much work.

Hey, folks, please bring something with you as a conversation piece - anything. It's so hard hearing about all kinds of cool Tiki/retro stuff here on TC and not being able to touch it with your own hands if just for a moment!

I'm making this board game that takes you to Las Vegas, a Tiki bar, makes you drink a few, then flings you into a dreamy South Seas tour, ending at a volcanic sacrifice. You collect mug cards along the way. It's kind of like Snakes and Ladders, but with rum and natives doing the hula. I'll bring what's done of it so far.

This Thursday, 5-7:00, Hanalei Happy Hour bar. Come and leave anytime.

Hanalei, NO RSVP. Lei Lounge may need an RSVP. I am not sure how big the bar is.
I tried going for brunch, advertised time. But, they must be doing poorly during brunch so, it was cancled a few weeks ago.
And they have not updated their website or answering machine.

I am waiting for an email reply from them.

Red Beard

C
Cammo posted on Mon, Jul 31, 2006 7:39 PM

The Lei Lounge is getting busier by the day. They went from being a mostly unknown gays-and-professional-women hangout to being a tatooed hipster place in about a month. It's pretty cool now,they have nice drinks at 3.50 per from 5-9:00. Beat that for a 16 oz rum drink served in a big green bamboo mug. Tuesdays they have 1/2 priced appetizers, different ones each week of the month. The bar is pretty large & well designed for the space.

We're lining up a Tiki Club meet there in mid-September, but go ahead and check it out now, bud!

I ride mountain bikes on Thursday nights.

From 5pm to 7pm I can eat and drink at the Hanalei. Then go up Texas to the start of the ride. And then if we get back in time I can score a half pricer at the Lei. Otherwise it'll be a full pricer if any TCers are still there. I'll be the stinky one with the tiki jersey if they let me in. Or, better yet, I could just stop in real quick like and suck one up before the ride. To make sure I get a half pricer.

Just to be absolutely sure: Hanalei's address is 2270 Hotel Circle North, correct?

On 2006-07-31 20:49, stellabelle wrote:
Just to be absolutely sure: Hanalei's address is 2270 Hotel Circle North, correct?

Looks like it. I just googled it.

On 2006-07-31 21:02, Mr. NoNaMe wrote:

On 2006-07-31 20:49, stellabelle wrote:

Looks like it. I just googled it.

The freeway exit in the left of the picture is Taylor street. The building being contstructed in the photo is the tripel A building.

Ah, coconuts! It isn't working!

[ Edited by: Mr. NoNaMe 2006-07-31 21:22 ]

[ Edited by: Mr. NoNaMe 2006-07-31 21:24 ]

C
Cammo posted on Tue, Aug 1, 2006 8:34 AM

The Hanalei is on the North side of Hwy 8, close to where 8 crosses Hwy 5. It's totally impossible to miss. It's like, massive. Just take 8 to the Taylor Street exit, go to the North side, and park on the side street in front of the AAA building. The parking is free. The Hanalei is two doors East.

The all-knowing LoungeLizard says there is a dirt lot immediately East of the Hanalei, it's overflow parking for rental cars, but you can park there too. I haven't tried this, but I trust LoungeLizard... LoungeLizard knows all...

A

When I ate at Hanalei's restaurant Islands in June, they validated my parking slip so it was free. They may do that as well at the bar. But the dirt lot definitely is an alternative (though a dusty one).

C
Cammo posted on Wed, Aug 2, 2006 7:12 AM

Hey, Cap'n San Diego is bringing new #5 issues of Tiki Magazine, plus some Tiki Mag things (like a t-shirt, etc.) to give away at the Thursday meeting. I'm bringing a cursed plastic Tiki. Gotta get rid of the thing. Maybe YOU can break the curse!

So we may play a game of SlapJacks for swag.

Git ready. Tomorrow.

I'm ready for tonight! I just finished patching and sewing up the rips on my Tiki dress. I haven't worn that dress since my Tiki party in KC.
I actually have no idea how the rips got there but I have a sneaking suspicion that it happened while I was rolling around in the sand dance floor
while my friend was blowing fire. See you all tonight!
I already checked out the Hanalei.....it's gorgeous!

On the way soon Hotel Circle watch out!!!!

H

Last night we ended up talking about art and I couldn't remember Jurriaan Van Hall's name. I hate when that happens. Well he's the contemporary Dutch artist who did a superb Tahitian series I described as "Psychedelic Gauguin"... Here's some images and links.

http://jurriaan.vanhall.net/

H

C
Cammo posted on Fri, Aug 4, 2006 3:30 PM

Thanks to Nick at Tiki Magazine for coming through with the new ishes and the T-shirts. (Hope the newest member of his family doesn't get stage fright!) He's cool, they're cool, and the newest mag glows.

On the subject of issues - Blue Hawaii?! This looks green! We asked the Hanalei waitress and she gave us a lot of mixology doubletalk.

Here's the unretouched photo of Greg's half-gone "Blue Hawaii" drink-

It's kind of blue, in a sort of sea-blue way. It's like gemstone blue. We thought they should maybe add some blue foodcolor to it, even though that breaks every one of Jeff Berry's basic rules.

Again, is this Blue or Green???

Had a great time there last night. The Mai Tai there was a bit too pineappley for us maybe next time I can bring a little flask of 151 hmmmm.........We had 3 each and not even a slightest hint of a buzz.....or maybe it was all the other people there in boring plain shirts. Tiki atmosphere was good especially outdoors and the indoor waterfall and fish were cool. Food was great for bar-made food the authentic Hawaiian sushi guy was putting out some good stuff.

Secret Handshake?

BT

C
Cammo posted on Fri, Aug 4, 2006 9:33 PM

Hey, I think BT was talking about people at the other tables with boring shirts, not ours!

Here's something we learned too late - the Hanalei serves drinks in take-home mugs! You can buy the mugs for 7.50 each, or they tack the price onto your drink to get them slightly cheaper!

The best mug we saw was a surfboard-riding wahine, but they had some other ones there too, including a big decorated bowl. I'll research this further, and I'm wondering if they've always had these, or just since the last Oasis. Did Dasis-goers clean them out????

I forgot the handshake again. There really is a handshake, no kidding. It's really secret.

H

On 2006-08-04 21:33, Cammo wrote:... the Hanalei serves drinks in take-home mugs! You can buy the mugs for 7.50 each, or they tack the price onto your drink to get them slightly cheaper! The best mug we saw was a surfboard-riding wahine, but they had some other ones there too, including a big decorated bowl...

All their mugs are from Dynasty, Cam and definitely not worth 7.50 on top of the price of a drink considering they probably bought them for around two bucks a piece. Cheap mugs equal carefree drinking with no tears when you accidentally knock one off your table.

Normally I adhere to Groucho Marx' practice of refusing to join any club that would have me as a member so I was surprised to have such a good time.

It was nice meeting everyone (and glancing awkwardly at those who neglected to introduce themselves). Stellabelle was a hoot! It's great to meet someone with her type of infectious excitement about the scene.

Best drink of the evening: Moki's mystery drink not on the menu; The Pirates Whatchamacallit. Strong and tart with a hint of citrus served in a rocks glass and garnished with a half pound of cherries. Deeeelicious! Ask for it by name.

I'll submit my idea for the next meeting.

August nineth will be the monthly Full Moon Party at Hennessy's Irish Pub...(Wait, keep reading)... in the Gaslamp Quarter where local carver Harvey Mendiola performs with his uncles and a polynesian dance troup. It's FREE and only a block away from Mr Tiki's. I figure we could meet at Mr Tiki's, chill for an hour and then walk over to the 8:00 PM island review.

If this is interesting lemme know and I'll see if Harvey can meet us at Mr Tiki's beforehand to rap about being a polynesian entertainer.

On 2006-08-04 21:33, Cammo wrote:
Hey, I think BT was talking about people at the other tables with boring shirts, not ours!

Here's something we learned too late - the Hanalei serves drinks in take-home mugs! You can buy the mugs for 7.50 each, or they tack the price onto your drink to get them slightly cheaper!

The best mug we saw was a surfboard-riding wahine, but they had some other ones there too, including a big decorated bowl. I'll research this further, and I'm wondering if they've always had these, or just since the last Oasis. Did Dasis-goers clean them out????

I forgot the handshake again. There really is a handshake, no kidding. It's really secret.

Soooo secret NO ONE knows it yet :wink:

BT

[ Edited by: Blue Thunder 2006-08-05 10:00 ]

Well, I missed a meeting again. Good thing I'm not very social to begin with, I guess!

Maybe we shouldn't call it a meeting but maybe a "Get Together" (GTG) It is more of a towards the weekend relaxation thing with like minded friends. GTG takes the officialness out of it.

And anything that lasts more than 2-3 hours is an official party.:drink:

Dean BT

[ Edited by: Blue Thunder 2006-08-07 12:14 ]

C
Cammo posted on Tue, Aug 8, 2006 12:52 PM

I'd like to go to the Mr. Tiki & aftershow thing on the 9th (tomorrow) but we're going to Disneyland!

Here's what I'd suggest - the last Saturday in August, the 26th, we just have an all day and well into the night Beach Party and Pig Roast. The best place by far that I've seen is South Mission Beach, right next to the jetty, which has recently been fixed up, rather expensively. It would just be a relaxing, come and go anytime beach party. I'll bring a frisbee and bocce balls, and some pork, etc. to roast.

The beach site has, no kidding;

• Excellent Ocean Swimming and Surfing/Boogie Boarding
  • A cool, huge Tikiesque Retro-Wooden Lifeguard Tower
  • Alcohol allowed! (Noon to 8:00pm)
  • Seven almost unused Fire Pits
  • Beach Fires allowed until Midnight
  • Like, at least 8 Volletball Courts, all new
  • Clean Sand
  • A Little Park
  • A Clean Public Bathroom
  • Parking
  • A shallow river 100 feet to the south where I can bring my Adirondack-style canoe.
  • A wooden Roller Coaster
  • Da Kine's Plate Lunch spot 2 miles north
  • The Freak Factory 1 mile north with the best Bosco mugs, carvings, books, music I've ever seen. These guys are so clued in, they're a Muntiki distributor! Yikes! They have Shag stuff, and some amazing Hawaiian shirts I've never seen anywhere else.

Anyway, my friend from Disney Animation will be coming down. He's a great bartender. I'd suggest everybody bring 1 gallon of drink, pre-mixed. Don't tell us what it is, they'll all be mystery drinks.

I'll get more info out there closer to the date.

How's that sound?

C

This may be the last summer for the classic shack-like lifeguard tower you see above. Pacific Beach City Council is trying to have it knocked down and a new one put up! They're also trying to eliminate ALL alcohol on the beach! EEEagh!

Time to party. Right next to the tower, there are lots of firepits. The 26th, the last Saturday in August.

I'm bringing wood, some food, an underwater camera, and short palm logs to chop into Tikis. All day, 7:00am - midnight.

Take 5 to Sea World Drive, to West Mission Bay/Mission Beach, directly to the ocean. Turn left at the roller coaster on Mission Blvd., follow it to the end (at the two Stop signs) and take a right on North Jetty Road. Park there. You'll see the tower, it's huge.

If you want to help out bringing snacks, etc., gimme a buzz.

We will be there I'll bring my famous spicy spam musubi and a gallon of mystery drink.:drink:

Blue or green ???

[ Edited by: Blue Thunder 2006-08-12 11:41 ]

All I have to do is cross four streets and I am home safe.:wink: Lots of water on the way though.

I would suggest trying to bring a bike if you want to go to the Freak Factory, the Giant Dipper during the shindig. Parking is tough by the coaster, 5 minute bike ride. The Freak Factory is about a 10 minute ride. But, occasional parking in front and a big lot on Santa Clara.
The Freak Factory does open at 11am I think. Hit them up on the way in. Come to think of it, I better get back in there before youz guyz buy it up.

NoNaMe

Sweet! We'll be in San Diego that whole weekend (kids are dragging us to Sea World Thursday AND Friday).
Can we park an RV or truck camper at this particular beach? I mean, is the parking lot close to the sand? And is this on the ocean side, or bay? We are bringing a boat and wave runners (staying at Campland On The Bay) and were wondering if we can use them here. If not, the kids will just use the canoe. Are kids OK? What about dogs (they travel with us)? They can stay in the RV, if not.
Any info would be great, usually we go to Fiesta Island, so I have no clue about this beach. But it sounds like fun!!

Pages: 1 2 3 4 170 replies