Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

Smokin' Menehunes with King Kukulele and Squids @ Catalina Fish Kitchen - Bring on the Pics!!

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 209 replies

S
squid posted on Sun, Dec 17, 2006 8:41 PM

Here's a puzzler for all you really, really sharp TCers out there. Hidden in this picture are clues to the Menehunes' super-secret mystery guests. They will be appearing at the Catalina Fish Kitchen in Huntington Beach this Friday ONLY!!

Post your guesses on this thread and the first one to guess correctly wins a signed color litho print from the Tonga Hut Tiki Wonderland art show! But if you don't win, don't be discouraged! I think I read on another thread that SoccerTiki is buying beers for everybody (well maybe not everybody, but it was something like that).

So come on down and enjoy the show, eat some great chow and see all the other great musicians that always stop by to jam with Bong and the lads.

NOW LET'S PLAY THE GAME!

editted for spilling earrers

[ Edited by: squid 2006-12-17 20:47 ]

[ Edited by: squid 2006-12-18 10:31 ]

[ Edited by: squid 2006-12-19 17:26 ]

[ Edited by: squid 2006-12-19 20:51 ]

[ Edited by: squid 2006-12-20 10:43 ]

[ Edited by: squid 2006-12-20 15:03 ]

[ Edited by: squid 2006-12-20 17:06 ]

[ Edited by: squid 2006-12-21 12:42 ]

[ Edited by: squid 2006-12-22 09:51 ]

[ Edited by: squid 2006-12-22 12:06 ]

[ Edited by: squid 2006-12-23 16:38 ]

SQUID! Yes?
xxxoooIvy

It has to either be Squid or the creature from 20 thousand leagues under the sea!

Mr. and Mrs. Squid??

There are 2 Squids in da photo right??

Did I win?? If so, please donate my prize to charity!

p.s. I sent a PM to Lucas saying I was sorry for ribbing him about JB. I hope he excepts my apology cause we're gonna be there with bells on! Ding Ding! Seriously! Soccer, you still buying beers?? Ken!

S

Damn, that Rev Boo is quick on the draw! Nice try everyone else. He did have the advantage of knowing that Mrs. Squid is indeed a bassist of the highest caliber.

Being a man of the cloth, His Holiness has asked that his prize be donated to charity.
That being said, I will bring his prize to the Catalina Fish Kitchen this Friday and give it to the first person who gets SoccerTiki to buy them a beer. Obviously they will be a charity case since they can't even buy their own freakin beer!

Stay tuned as we will be offering even more prizes and games in this thread. Right now, I must recover from Tonga Hut show. G'night.

S

Ivy and Paul-
Since you guys were both half right, I could split a print between the two of you. As that is not practical nor is it aesthetically pleasing, you each get one just for playing our little game!
Either pick it up at the gig on Friday or PM me with your address info and I'll send 'em out.

****According to "the one whose name shall not be spoken", the great Bill Tapia will be joining the Menehunes for sure!!

****Little Lost Tiki has also threatened to show up in full parade dress!

The fun starts at 7:00 or whenever Soccer starts buying beers. You just can't not be there!

On 2006-12-18 10:28, squid wrote:
Ivy and Paul-
Since you guys were both half right, I could split a print between the two of you. As that is not practical nor is it aesthetically pleasing, you each get one just for playing our little game!
Either pick it up at the gig on Friday or PM me with your address info and I'll send 'em out.
****According to "the one whose name shall not be spoken", the great Bill Tapia will be joining the Menehunes for sure!!
****Little Lost Tiki has also threatened to show up in full parade dress!

The fun starts at 7:00 or whenever Soccer starts buying beers. You just can't not be there!

Ok....(I had to delete that picture of Little Lost Tiki!!!)

With all the pressure that the magnanimous Squid has placed on me, I acquiesce and will in fact buy a beer (one beer each) for everyone from TikiCentral (members...not guests) who posts on this thread and says they will be there. BUT...they must post before Friday 2pm.... And they must be there between 6:30 & 7:30pm @ the Catalina Fish Kitchen. I know it sounds like a lot of conditions...but hey! it's a free beer!

The most important thing is you'll get some great entertainment and food and comraderie for next to nothing!!! They're done by 9:30 so come early and leave early enough to do more fun holiday things!!!

C.F.K. is located at Magnolia and Garfield in Huntington Beach (about a mile south of the 405.)

Cheers!

S

Put me down for one (1) beer! YAY!!! I finally won something!!!!

I read something about Mystery Guests exposing themselves for free beers....Then I read the thread and no such thing! I'll be bringing the wife and possibly the stepdaughter SO PLEASE BEHAVE AROUND THEM or they will never let me leave the house again....AND no peeing on our car please!
And my wife doesn't know about my parade-dressing fetish either so shhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

The omnipresent Squid is is far too gracious! The Mrs. and I will be there to enjoy everyone's company, and Soccer and I can warm up for the following weekend @ Bali Hai!

OK OK OK as per our phone conversation, Soccer I will be there and I am officially requesting "uno cerveza por favor"!

On 2006-12-18 16:31, little lost tiki wrote:
I read something about Mystery Guests exposing themselves for free beers....Then I read the thread and no such thing! I'll be bringing the wife and possibly the stepdaughter SO PLEASE BEHAVE AROUND THEM or they will never let me leave the house again....AND no peeing on our car please!
And my wife doesn't know about my parade-dressing fetish either so shhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

The Ghost of Rev Bamboo Ben is going to come back from the the Great White Tonga Hut Tiki Fire and haunt your ass this Friday eve!!

(actually, I'll be bringing the family so I'll be mellow too! can't be a jack ass all the time! Right Ken? Squid? Earnie?....But, we'll be there with bells on!! Ding Ding!

S
squid posted on Mon, Dec 18, 2006 9:56 PM

OK folks it's GAME TIME!

Some strange artist by the name of Little Lost Tiki has posted some incoherant ramblings on this thread. Can you tell me his real name? (post-op)

The first person to post the correct answer will win yet another Tonga Hut color print!
However, you must be present at the gig to pick it up. So even if you don't win, I would take Soccer up on his free beer offer and show up anyway.

Let 'er rip!

J

I can't be there, but if I have the right answer can I donate the print to someone I know will be in attendance?

S

On 2006-12-18 22:11, JenTiki wrote:
I can't be there, but if I have the right answer can I donate the print to someone I know will be in attendance?

YUP. But you can't get the free beer. :)

Is it Charles Nelson Tiki?

S

On 2006-12-18 22:40, Bora Boris wrote:
Is it Charles Nelson Tiki?

LOL LOL LOL LOL!
NO. Pick another square.

J

Gee, I think ... hmmm... who could it be ... okay ... wild guess here ...

Ken Ruzic?

S

Hint: "Wayland Flowers and Madam" are a person AND a dummy. Therefor, that would be incorrect. This singular answer qualifies as both.

S

On 2006-12-18 22:44, JenTiki wrote:
Gee, I think ... hmmm... who could it be ... okay ... wild guess here ...

Ken Ruzic?

Dang Jen! You are chock-full of tiki trivia. You answered the puzzler before I could even post another smart-ass comment about LLT! OK then, post your friend's name and we'll be sure to heckle them mercilessly. Remember, he who has the microphone has the power.

Crap, now I have to think of a new game........

G
GROG posted on Mon, Dec 18, 2006 10:50 PM

GROG guess Charles Nelson Tiki. Has that one been taken yet?Oh wait a minute... you said post-op. Hmmmm....... GROG going to have to ponder some more and research internet.

S

OK, got it.
Who is buried in Grant's Tomb?

G
GROG posted on Mon, Dec 18, 2006 10:53 PM

Charle Nelson Tiki !!!!!!

S

On 2006-12-18 22:53, GROG wrote:
Charle Nelson Tiki !!!!!!

YOU WIN!!!!!!!!

S

OK, I'll take "TIKI ARTISTS" for $500 Alex.

The answer is GROG.

J

Q. Who is the best cartoonist who draws a Bamboo Ben cartoon?

S

On 2006-12-18 23:01, JenTiki wrote:
Q. Who is the best cartoonist who draws a Bamboo Ben cartoon?

WOWOWOWOWOWOWOW! That's 2 prints for Jen. She is SMOKIN' tonight!!!!! Which reminds me.

Come down to see the Smokin' Menehunes this Friday at Catalina Fish Kitchen in Huntington Beach at 7:00 pm or earlier for free beer from Soccertiki.

Besides, Grog won't be there, Jen won't be there.....hey wait....you guys are winning all the prizes!!!!

Boris won't be there 'cause he paid 5 bucks for his and feels used now.

Crap, gotta think of another game. Any ideas?

Tiki Central - Exception

Oh no.

An error occurred. Site administrators have been notified of the error.