Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

Smokin' Menehunes with King Kukulele and Squids @ Catalina Fish Kitchen - Bring on the Pics!!

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 209 replies

But what about the Hukilau Poetry Hilau Contest??

I wanna play that one too!

Here's my new entry..

immortals babble
mellowly, unheard echo
dreaming of island tikis

Did I win? :wink:

S
squid posted on Wed, Dec 20, 2006 9:00 PM

On 2006-12-20 20:54, RevBambooBen wrote:

Here's my new entry..

immortals babble
mellowly, unheard echo
dreaming of island tikis

Sweet!! Although not textbook form, it does have promise. Soccertiki will be having a Haiku tea party and luncheon before the show. I'll put in a good word for you. Pinkies out!

On 2006-12-20 21:00, squid wrote:

Here's my new entry..

immortals babble
mellowly, unheard echo
dreaming of island tikis

Sweet!! Although not textbook form, it does have promise. Soccertiki will be having a Haiku tea party and luncheon before the show. I'll put in a good word for you. Pinkies out!

Where at?

I have a new one ...

Be Afraid watchin,
TV consume.
Obey and shut up.

[ Edited by: RevBambooBen 2006-12-20 21:06 ]

S
squid posted on Wed, Dec 20, 2006 9:16 PM

On 2006-12-20 21:05, RevBambooBen wrote:

On 2006-12-20 21:00, squid wrote:

Here's my new entry..

immortals babble
mellowly, unheard echo
dreaming of island tikis

Where at?

I have a new one ...

Be Afraid watchin,
TV consume.
Obey and shut up.

[ Edited by: RevBambooBen 2006-12-20 21:06 ]

Again showing promise but you must refrain from "lifting" other people's material. I'm trying to be nice here but when Grog gets off work he's gonna be powerful peeved if I let this continue. He would have judged your ass right outta here by now.

Soccer's Haiku Poetry Society Tea and Luncheonette will be held at the estate of Dr. and Mrs. Hoggly Woggly. Formal attire is required and bean consumption is prohibited. I will still put in a good word for you but don't screw up my swank society connections!

Seriously No Tiki Central for me tomorrow Dang it.

Chongolio

Seriously No Tiki Central for me tomorrow Dang it.

Chongolio

No worries Chongo!

The P-shop contest goes til' 1/02/07.

You're jammin so far!!

Squidwerd,

What part of the fried calamar do you like?

Da Catalina Fish Kitchen has da kine!

ok, so the photo shop dead line is thurs.? you guys confuse me damn it... lets see, I hated the horror of the Beatles thread! HATED! HATED! & I'll come to the gig on fri. night but someone buy me a diet coke deal?...

S
squid posted on Wed, Dec 20, 2006 9:57 PM

On 2006-12-20 21:47, Hiphipahula wrote:
ok, so the photo shop dead line is thurs.? you guys confuse me damn it... lets see, I hated the horror of the Beatles thread! HATED! HATED! & I'll come to the gig on fri. night but someone buy me a diet coke deal?...

Deal, but you have to win the Diet Coke from Ben somehow. Don't ask me how. It's gotten beyond my control.

S

HipHipaHaiku - the squid remix

You guys confuse me
Horror of the Beatles thread
Buy me diet coke

On 2006-12-20 21:57, squid wrote:

On 2006-12-20 21:47, Hiphipahula wrote:

Deal, but you have to win the Diet Coke from Ben somehow. Don't ask me how. It's gotten beyond my control.

To win the Diet Pepsi you must answer these 3 questions...

1. How do you spell Ely?

2. What does Polly Pop have to do with Poly POP?

3. Who was the 3rd drummer to die in Spinal Tap?

Answer these and you get a Free diet Rc Cola @ the gig! Via Squid, via Ken, via Soccertiki, via Boo!

Bonus Question.....what is the main ingrediant to a tiki?

p.s. photoshop contest ends 1/02/07

S

I know the first Spinal Tap drummer to die!!!! Ed Begly Jr. !!!! Do I win??? Huh?

Squidster, maybe post a address for the "Catalina Fish Kitchen" so it's not mistaken with the one in Costa Mesa?? I don't wanna be wait'in for my "DIET COKE" at the wrong location yaz knows....

S

On 2006-12-20 22:59, Hiphipahula wrote:
Squidster, maybe post a address for the "Catalina Fish Kitchen" so it's not mistaken with the one in Costa Mesa?? I don't wanna be wait'in for my "DIET COKE" at the wrong location yaz knows....

Well I saw one way back in the thread...hold on....
Yup...here it is:

C.F.K. is located at Magnolia and Garfield in Huntington Beach (about a mile south of the 405.) Thank you Soccertiki.

So you couldn't dig THAT up yourself and post it? Sheeeesh. I created these freakin' contests to keep people busy so I can work. Not to play the "Ask Squid obvious questions in the thread to suck up all of his time and to keep him from earning a living, meager as it is" game.
I'm not even in the Menehunes!!!! I'm just a GUEST ARTIST!!! FER CRYIN' OUT LOUD PEOPLE!! I'm just trying to help my pals!!!!!
If they end up in Costa Bloody Mesa when they're supposed to be in HB, they're too stupid to appreciate a fine band such as the Menehunes anyway.
BAH!

And what's up with the rat in your signature photo thingy?

[ Edited by: squid 2006-12-20 23:33 ]

J

I'm still confused ... am I judging a contest that ends tomorrow, or one that ends on ... I dunno ... what was that other date?

S

On 2006-12-20 23:44, JenTiki wrote:
I'm still confused ... am I judging a contest that ends tomorrow, or one that ends on ... I dunno ... what was that other date?

You and Grog judge the Ad Campaign Photoshop Contest that ends Thursday.

Grog and I will be judging the new Haiku competition that ends Friday night. But we may not get around to it til Monday or so.

Ben and his thread-jacking contests are not affiliated with nor endorsed by squidlabs, ink. or Amalgamated International Grogworks and are therefor subject to certain statutes in certain states and teritories. Penalties may be incurred. Consult your physician. Rates calculated quarterly and subject to penalties for early payoff. Don't be fooled!

OH! I read the whole damn post once already gosh, just blame my location confusion on Grog! just cuz he hasn't posted enough here. I thought your job was posting little witty quips for our reading enjoyment whaaaaa.... My RAT Dog! ha! she eats squid for lunch! In one gulp! Geshhhh... it's my Chihuahua "Frijoles Negro"(we call her Beans)
So again for the record the Address is:
C.F.K. is located at 19171 Magnolia St Huntington Beach, CA 92646 (714) 963-9921

(about a mile south of the 405)

Now, go to work Squid, whittle a mug or something......... :D

S
squid posted on Thu, Dec 21, 2006 8:42 AM

RATDOG SEZ:

G
GROG posted on Thu, Dec 21, 2006 8:53 AM

GROG think Teakey had an idea, but not enough Photoshop experience to finish, so GROG help.

S
squid posted on Thu, Dec 21, 2006 8:57 AM

THANKS GROG!!!!

G
GROG posted on Thu, Dec 21, 2006 9:01 AM

GROG completetely SLAMMED at work, so sorry GROG not able to contribute more. GROG late for work, now. GROG need vacation!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

S
squid posted on Thu, Dec 21, 2006 9:13 AM

Groggy has left the building.

But that doesn't mean you all can just screw around all day. I'm gonna go "whittle a mug or something" and when I get back tonight, I expect to see the most glorious ad campaign EVER.

And no slacking on the Haiku either. (MY CONTEST, NOT BEN's)

shhhh...And since we all know that Ben is not awake this early due to near lethal Budweiser inhalation, you can work on your entries without interruption or crass commentary for the next couple of hours. Then we can have nap time!

Be sure and enjoy the popcorn medley (in a collectible tin) that your boss got you from Office Depot as you fritter away the next few hours on company time. Your Pal.

skwid

S
squid posted on Thu, Dec 21, 2006 9:21 AM

RODEO IN DA HOUSE!!! WOOOP WOOOP!!!

Hi-Fives for all! RodeoTiki in the HIZZY!
Here's maybe my last entry! It's my last day at work til the new year so I am slammed!

You all know the address by now....

S

WOW! Here I am checkin' things out at lunch and nothing new from you slackers. I understand though. Maybe it's the old holiday blues or it could be the X-mas cash crunch that's got you down. If that's the case, I suggest the following:

See ya there!

T

Thanks Grog with the Kinnyhumes. Not that great with photoshop but I was using paint. You know, its been around for twenty years.

S
squid posted on Thu, Dec 21, 2006 3:25 PM

OK, afternoon coffee break time. Check TC. What's up? HELLOOOOOOooo? Fine. I'll do it myself:
With all those tempting treats that everyone keeps dropping by the squidlab this holiday season, I'm getting to feel a might pudgy! Well, whaddaya know! A miracle cure!

Hoodia love, baby?

tough crowd....

S
squid posted on Thu, Dec 21, 2006 4:34 PM

On 2006-12-21 16:29, little lost tiki wrote:
tough crowd....

yup...
Be sure to tip your.....oh nevermind....

J

And here is an example of how to participate in both contests with just one post:

Now let's see some new entries kids!

S
squid posted on Thu, Dec 21, 2006 5:24 PM

Thank you, Jen. You have set a very good example for the rest of the class. Please take your seat after you get a cookie.

J

On 2006-12-21 17:24, squid wrote:
Thank you, Jen. You have set a very good example for the rest of the class. Please take your seat after you get a cookie.

I'd rather have a rum ball!

G
GROG posted on Thu, Dec 21, 2006 7:08 PM

Friday night at the Catalina Fish Kitchen in Huntington Beach.
Smokin' Menehunes perform.
7 to 9ish.

G

7 to 9ish.

G

7 to 9ish.

G
GROG posted on Thu, Dec 21, 2006 7:09 PM

7 to 9ish.

G
GROG posted on Thu, Dec 21, 2006 7:11 PM

7 to 9ish.

(GROG beat a dead horse, for those of you who didn't get the visual pun)

[ Edited by: GROG 2006-12-22 07:50 ]

On 2006-12-21 09:13, squid wrote:

shhhh...And since we all know that Ben is not awake this early due to near lethal Budweiser inhalation, you can work on your entries without interruption or crass commentary for the next couple of hours. Then we can have nap time!

skwid

Hey, man! I was in Cerritos from 9am to 6pm making noodles at Pho Saigon on South Street with big sticks of Bamboo. I ain't no slacker artist, man! Lethal Budweiser inhalation?!man! More like lethal Bamboo Dust inhalation, man! Their other location on South Street in Lakewood next to Towewr records has a bunch of those squatty OA shell lamp swags, man! Also some other OA swags that are no longer avail, man! The food is super good too, man!

So, what the Pho is going on around here, man!?

H

J

Just 90 minutes left gang!

Now is the time for all you "I do great work under pressure" people to get your entries in! Let's see what you got before it's too late!

S

Hey Jen. Thanks for the encouragement. Screw this. I'm going to bed. You and Grog can decide when you want. Leave 'em in suspense I say. At least Lugi came through at the last minute. Let me know what you come up with. In the meantime, I have decided that I'm eligible for the contest since there are no prizes and Ben is disqualified from everything. Pick me!!!!!!

G
GROG posted on Fri, Dec 22, 2006 7:54 AM

GROG not discuss entrys to Photoshop contest with other judges yet, but this get GROG's vote so far because GROG like pretty women.

[ Edited by: GROG 2006-12-22 07:54 ]

WOOOHOOO! TGIF is finally here. Looking forward to seeing "EVERYONE" tonight :)

G
GROG posted on Fri, Dec 22, 2006 8:07 AM

Plus GROG think Kinny should be disqualified because he kill off Santa Claus. You bastard!!!!!
And that the only reason GROG think LLT should be disqualified. It has NOTHING to do with this:

or this:

or this:

S
squid posted on Fri, Dec 22, 2006 9:48 AM

Sorry Grog, only I can disqualify entrants for no particular reason. Little Kinny does need "professional" help, so let's not rile him up just now. SHHHHHHHHHHHHHH....

AND....We are still awaiting Judge Jentiki's decision.

Just because I feel like it today...
!!!!!!!!!!!!HAIKU CONTEST RULES CHANGED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

From now til whenever this thread dies (I think that was a few pages ago)...

FREESTYLE HAIKU SLAM

Only one rule:
KEEP IT CLEAN, KIDS.

S
squid posted on Fri, Dec 22, 2006 9:58 AM

!!!!!!!!!!!SPECIAL ANNOUNCEMENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Every TCer who shows up

TONIGHT AT THE CATALINA FISH KITCHEN
IN HUNTINGTON BEACH
NOT COSTA MESA
FOR THE SMOKIN' MENEHUNES
7-9PMish

WILL RECEIVE A FREE TONGA HUT TIKI WONDERLAND COLOR PRINT BY SQUID.

Those that have previously won and show up to collect will receive a second print free!
No whinin'. My thread. My rules. Be there or be L7.

S

Holy Moly it's gettin' nutty now!

Tonight the Menuhunes will be joined by not only Mr. and Mrs. Calamar, but by his majesty KING KUKULELE! Plus the extraordinary Mr. Bill Tapia doing that swing thing!! This is definitely a show not to be missed.

See ya there!!!! Ask me for your free Tonga Hut print and don't forget to post right here for your free beer from Soccertiki!!

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 209 replies