Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Drinks and Food

Pango Rhum from Barbancourt, Haiti.

Pages: 1 3 replies

I just picked this up after a recommendation from a friend.

I am pleasantly surprised and like this better than most of the other spiced rums I've tried. It tastes a bit like peach and pineapple with some mild spices (maybe nutmeg?). Anyway now I need some recipes other than my mixed fruit juice and rum coctails which I usually drink.

Anyone have any single-spiced-rum drink recipes to share?

W
wupput posted on Mon, May 4, 2015 7:53 PM

9 years later and I too am looking for recipes with Pango Rhum Barbancourt.

I picked up a mini and so far I like it. It has really interesting fruit flavors. I've been adding a bit to the end of cocktails - when all you've got mainly is some crushed ice left in the glass. I also tried mixing some Pango with some Licor 43 and lime, not bad.

Anybody using this in any cocktails?

K
kkocka posted on Mon, May 4, 2015 9:14 PM

I'm staying away from it: pineapple-mango rum is not among my necessities. There's a few drinks from Grog Grotto that use it, for whatever reason, but those recipes aren't available anywhere yet. Might be a good time to throw it in a few of your favorite drinks that are low on the sweet or fruity flavors and allow the rum to add that aspect to it.

W
wupput posted on Tue, May 5, 2015 3:51 PM

I understand your hesitation. I had a bit neat and it's certainly not a sipper. But the interesting flavors in it suggest a lot of possibilities in mixing cocktails.

Pages: 1 3 replies