Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Carving

TDuddy's Carvings-->|Updates-10/9--| Pg.11

Pages: 1 2 3 4 167 replies

On 2008-08-21 21:28, Tiki Duddy wrote:

*Duddy - we're all big Tiki fans here but, er.. how're you holding that Tiki dude..? :o

TikiLizard- thanks for the comps, i've actually never torched a piece, besides just using a woodburner to make lines and stuff. think im just gonna stain him up

Benz-Thanks! appreciated always!

Thanks to you too Brad! your painting is looking awsome by the way!

:lol: Tama! -
holdin the lil dude with my KNEES, Tama!
i was trying to get the best lighting, the sun was almost down and my camera get's real grainy at dusk. and i was using both hands to steady the cam!

Thanks everyone for the kind words, here's a chunk i started last night around 11 or so:

i'll get some not-so-crappy pictures later today, gotta go to a family gathering right now :)

More Soon

forgot to take ShrimpTail pics! i'll have some up when i get back
...and a minor change to the shrimptail

[ Edited by: Tiki Duddy 2008-08-23 08:50 ]

Thank God those are your knees!....lol Would hate to see a good tiki go bottoms up........

:lol: :lol: :lol:
hahahahah

H

Duddy, you are doing a fine job. I enjoy looking up to see your progression.

TD, Nice! That broom stick guy has gots lots o character for such a small compact guy. Cool carvins.

Thanks Hiltiki and Surfin!

alright, havent posted in a couple days. just havent got a chance to really get on the cpu.
here's a new face i started:

and here's the OTHER piece i started.
i've had this chunk in my room for too long. it's time to carve it!
here's the pics as of noon today:

ANNNND here's the ShrimpTail...without the srhimpyness
while i was sanding some of the headdress came off completely.
so i had to make some minor changes, it's for the best-this way i can wrap a string around the top better for a necklace:

a lot of pictues today lol.
that's it for now!

by the way, anybody know what's better to carve; Ash or Oak?
i got a couple BIG logs comming my way from a guy in town, he has both

Alright, i got 2 big logs last night
so, here they are:
Oak

and here's what i've got done on the big chunk so far:

More tomorrow probably!

Looking good so far Duddy!! Don't try to put those ones between your knees!!!

T

already better than a lot of new carves and even some long time ones. The cuts are deep and thats the only way to really do it up.

B

On 2008-08-27 08:56, tikifreak1 wrote:
Looking good so far Duddy!! Don't try to put those ones between your knees!!!

:lol:

Nice cuts in the big log, it will be a nice piece for sure.

I don't know about ash but oak is hard as hell (sorry for the family site !).

Good luck,

Benjamin.

wow great work , you got some big suckers there. look foward to see wat u do with them...

T

TD, :o I just got on here this am., and read this entire posting. I've wanted to try carving myself, but I'm afraid it would be another thing that I start and never continue with. It's great to come on here and see someones progress and you sure have done a lot of nice looking tikis. And I love your work on the stones and smaller ones. Keep it up and you'll be as good as Benz. :D

P
Paipo posted on Fri, Aug 29, 2008 2:26 AM

Man, those are some solid logs you scored! If you're anything like me, you'll sit on 'em a while (not literally) until they tell you what they want to be carved into, but don't make us wait too long. You've already got the makings of a great tiki on this latest one with just a couple of well-defined cuts - looks like you're pretty handy with that chainsaw?

B

Cool logs Duddy, Big step and I think you are in for big fun. I just KNOW how proud you must be of those logs, I would be too.Just take your time and think your way through each feature and remember, "Measure twice, cut once" or in this case, Draw it twice and cut it once because remember you can't put back what that big ol' chainsaw takes off!

TD

Tikifreak
TeaKey
Ben
Kroozzn
TikiPaka
Paipo
AND
Benz
!!!!
thank you all so much! Means alot to have all you come with your kind words and awsome advice!

ok, i've been a little under the weather lately..and the weather itself isnt too fun
BUT i got some good news!
i got my TikiMags!

pretty pumped to add to my Tiki reading material!
also visited some of my pieces in the art gallery the other day, caught some pictures of them on display:
also got some pictures of the tattoo guy. i had forgot to take pics before i shipped him off

some minor updates on this guy, these pictues are from the other day. i've worked on him sinse then, just havent got pictures taken yet.

As for the big guy...been a lil slow. just cant get into the carving mood while sick. the nose runs too much :P
i'll have some pictures when i have a little more progress, i dont think anyone is that interested in seeing the little bit i've got done on his arms :lol:
More Soon!

S

Duddy looking good get well and chip on the big guy brother.

TD

turns out i forgot to put some pictures up that got taken a couple weeks ago..
mom or someone caught a couple of me in the morning, too

i'll have some more pictures of this one soon

Ok!
i finally got something done!
here's the small head i started a while ago-put a couple coats of poly on em

Thanksforlookin

B

Dudddy, the small head looks Great, you are really getting the facial features down pat! Your big log is looking great too, it looks like you had it run through a saw mill to square it up first, great idea. Hope you're feeling better soon, the carvings need some love!

Aloha Duddy, Read this thread in one go and i'm impressed by the amount of work you have done and inspired by the progress you have made. Thanks for inspiring a beginner.

B

Right on Duddy! Look at you go, man!

Very nice work there. I dig, I dig.

Hey!
havent been around much- internet's been crappy since our little overnight snowstorm beginning of this month

man, it's gettin cold!

B

Hey Hey, Whats that white stuff all over the ground, looks like you may have left your freezer door open or something. Does this mean it's time to head south for the winter? Pack yer bagzz! Good to hear from you Duddie.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 167 replies