Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

Announcing Tiki Night @ The Tonga Hut! Starting SAT FEB 24th!

Pages: 1 2 3 4 157 replies

Aloha Tiki Ohana!

I am VERY PROUD to announce and invite you all to the FIRST official TIKI NIGHT at the historic Tonga Hut!

This event is scheduled to happen the LAST SATURDAY of every month, so mark your calanders, and see you there!

Mahalo,

Suzy

Great News, good to hear it.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

S
squid posted on Thu, Feb 1, 2007 9:52 PM

YEAH!!!! A straight drive home with no freeways and Atomikitty behind the bar? The Squids are in!! C'mon kids, get in the car..........

My roomie and I will be there with at least 4 friends in tow. We'll even bring our mugs from the last Tonga Hut event to drink those oh so good (strong) zombie juices. Can't wait. You rock Atomikitty.

G
GROG posted on Thu, Feb 1, 2007 11:18 PM

Suzy the Drink Goddess mixing drinks---- GROG first in line. (don't forget the ginger beer and matches!)

ya mean the Tonga Huts gonna let us in? what about the list :D yippee!

I'm right behind you there Grog....2nd in line.

If Grog forgets I'm on his list I will be there!

G
GROG posted on Fri, Feb 2, 2007 12:22 AM

The blacklist is for the art show nights, not Suzy's Tiki night the last Saturday of the month, unless we hold an art show on one of those nights, then the list will be enforced.

[ Edited by: GROG 2007-02-02 00:23 ]

Matches!!!
Thanks GROG, I ALWAYS forget those! : )
I'd ask you to bring them, but I understand your people have a natural aversion to fire. . . .

Isn't that how the Tonga Hut fire started after the last art show?. . . Oh well, lesson learned.

'The List' will be 'temporarily' suspended, but caution trouble makers . . . we know who you are and what mug you drink from! : )

Oh yeah, FYI my thirsty tiki tippers, we will have TWO bartenders working these nights, so no waiting! : )

Thank you everyone for your enthusiasm and support. I'm really looking forward to this.

Mahbookie, great to see you on TC! Looking forward to seeing you guys again. How dem' Coconut Monkeys doin? : )

YAY! Let the fun and shenanigans begin!!!!!

J

YAY!!! That's the weekend I am gonna be in town and was planning to hit the Tonga Hut anyway! What fortuitous timing!!! I am totally there!

And for some lucky and/or talented TC people, I will have special NorCal swag in tow. Watch for my "JenTiki visits SoCal Contest" thread!!

[ Edited by: JenTiki 2007-02-02 12:45 ]

Sounds tiki-rific!
Sorry I'm gonna miss the tonga Hut night. What's the cool swag for TC folks only? AN dIf I have a proxy there on my behaf can they pick up the swag for me? And why is Bora Boris blacklisted anyways? Sounds Juicy!

A LITTLE BIRDY JUST TOLD ME THAT ON SATURDAY, FEB. 24TH @ THE TONGA HUT, WE WILL ALSO BE CELEBRATING. . . .

:D :D KIRBY'S BIRTHDAY!!!!!!! :D :D

NOW it's a PARTY folks!

TI

Not sure I can make it Kitty but I will try. Mabe I could drag the Thai Tiki Guy along. We really need to work on Grogs sense of humur, locking the Tonga thread Shame on you Grog. I suppose you pack a wet blanket around with you to.

S
squid posted on Sat, Feb 3, 2007 12:36 PM

On 2007-02-02 15:21, atomikitty wrote:
A LITTLE BIRDY JUST TOLD ME THAT ON SATURDAY, FEB. 24TH @ THE TONGA HUT, WE WILL ALSO BE CELEBRATING. . . .

:D :D KIRBY'S BIRTHDAY!!!!!!! :D :D

NOW it's a PARTY folks!

If you need gift ideas, Kirby's registered at 7-11. I'm getting him the Slim Jim 24 pack and a "Smokin' Babes of Monster Truck Racing" lighter.

D
dibroc posted on Sat, Feb 3, 2007 8:08 PM

what kind of coffee creamer does he use?

C

On 2007-02-03 20:08, dibroc wrote:
what kind of coffee creamer does he use?

I think he uses a special blend of Kahlua and oatmeal and an old paint brush for a stirrer.

Again, I wish my area code was closer to Tonga Hut. This sounds like another night of fun and debauchery have a blast and give the birthday boy a poke in the ribs for me.

Chongolio

Lost-Isle
Coconut Wired Podcast
Barefoot bloggin'

BB

I like that 7-11 sells individual packages of Pop Tarts so you don’t have to buy the whole box. I hope Kirby likes strawberry and I’d be happy to poke him in the ribs for you Chongolio.

Dibs on the 7-11 Energy Pills!
Kirby is waaaaaaaaaay too mellow for my tastes!
That boy needs a birthday perk! :lol:

G
GROG posted on Mon, Feb 5, 2007 9:32 AM

Hey Suzy, is it true this is how you learned to bartend? If so, then GROG will DEFINITELY be there on the 24th!!

Now where GROG camera?

that last post borders on Sexual Harassment!!!
There is a flyer contest for the event,so sharpen your mouses and visit....
http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?topic=22828&forum=17&start=last&1
Just like the Good Ol' Days..... :)

Just remember Grog. . .

YOU started this!

Thanks Atomikitty for getting the ball rollin!
Come to the Tonga Hut on the 24th!
The infamous GROGTWINS will be there signing photos!

[ Edited by: little lost tiki 2007-02-06 15:23 ]

J

Good thing you didn't post that on my thread! Would've broken the "don't make me hurl" rule! Eeewww!

[ Edited by: JenTiki 2007-02-06 15:11 ]

Hats off to Kinny for the creepiest pic award. . . .wrong on so many levels. . .

But hey, shouldn't we be bastardizing pictures of the BIRTHDAY BOY????!!!!!

[ Edited by: atomikitty 2007-02-06 15:11 ]

J

On 2007-02-06 15:09, atomikitty wrote:
Hats off to Kinny for the creepiest pic award. . . .

I wish Kinny would take that hat off! Who does he think he is, a South Park character?

[ Edited by: JenTiki 2007-02-06 17:07 ]

G
GROG posted on Tue, Feb 6, 2007 11:13 PM

You guys are sick!

Crazy pics of GROG scare more people away than get them to come to Tonga Hut.

M
McTiki posted on Wed, Feb 7, 2007 9:26 AM

OMG!

Hi kids!
Here's some 7-11 facts for anyone interested...
July 11 (7/11) is the official birthday of the 7-Eleven® convenience store chain.
In 1927, convenience retailing began simply enough when an employee of Southland Ice Company in Dallas started selling milk, eggs and bread from the ice dock. Soon, the convenience store was born and became known as 7-Eleven to reflect the 7 a.m. to 11 p.m. hours of operation.
With approximately 7,100 stores in North America and more than 30,000 stores worldwide, 7-Eleven is the largest convenience retailer in the world.
7-Eleven was the first to … operate 24 hours a day … sell fresh-brewed coffee in to-go cups ... have a self-serve soda fountain … and offer super-size drinks.
7-Eleven took the No. 1 spot in Restaurants & Institutions magazine’s convenience store concept category in the publication’s 37th annual ranking of the top 400 restaurant concepts by sales. 7-Eleven ranked No. 15 overall in the survey.
7-Eleven has the largest ATM network of any retailer in United States.
First television advertising by any convenience store; the animated commercial featuring a singing owl and rooster ran in 1949.
7-Eleven was the first c-store retailer to give customers “freedom of choice” by offering all major soft drink brands at the fountain.
7-Eleven was the first convenience store to sell pre-paid phone cards.
Of all U.S. retailers, 7-Eleven sells the most … USA Today newspapers, Sports Illustrated magazines, cold beer, cold single-serve bottled water, cold Gatorade, fresh-grilled hot dogs, single-serve chips and money orders.
In a four-week period, customers visit a 7-Eleven store an average of 17 times, 80 percent of their total trips to any convenience store.
Nearly one-third of the 6 million people who stop by a 7-Eleven store each day purchase immediately consumable food.
7-Eleven is America’s favorite beverage destination. More than half the customers each day purchase a non-alcoholic beverage.
A typical 7-Eleven store is between 2,400 and 3,000 square feet, and carries about 2,500 different items.
Who? What? Where? Who’s buying the most 7-Eleven stuff? The answer is – the most Slurpee® beverages in the world are purchased in Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada; and for the United States, it’s Detroit; hot dogs in Washington, D.C., coffee on Long Island, nachos in Colorado, Big Gulp® drinks in Las Vegas and Utah.
California has more 7-Eleven stores than any other state – close to 1,200.
Of all its proprietary products, 7-Eleven sells more fresh-brewed coffee than anything else – more than 1 million cups each day. That’s more than 10,000 pots of coffee an hour every hour of every day of the year. In fact, 7-Eleven could serve a cup of coffee to every person in its hometown of Dallas every single day – now that’s a Texas-sized coffee break!
7-Eleven sells close to 100 million fresh-grilled hot dogs every year, more than any other retailer in America, and could feed every person in hot dog-loving Chicago a Big Bite® hot dog each day for a month.
7-Eleven was the first retailer to offer fresh-brewed coffee in to-go cups, introducing it in their Northeast stores in 1964.
Beverages – biggest & best: 7-Eleven was the first retailer to introduce self-serve fountain drinks. When the 32-ounce Big Gulp® was introduced in 1980, it was the biggest cup on the market. In 1988, 7-Eleven introduced the giant 64-ounce Double Gulp®, the biggest soft drink on the market.
Last year 7-Eleven stores sold almost 33 million gallons of fountain drinks – enough to fill 75 Olympic-size swimming pools.
7-Eleven customers sip and slurp 11.6 million Slurpee® beverages each month. Favorite flavors are Coca-Cola and Minute Maid Cherry. Since its introduction in 1966, close to 6 billion Slurpee® drinks have been sold, just about enough for every person on the planet to have slurped.
7-Eleven sells 60 million fresh-baked donuts and pastries per year – enough to feed every person in the state of Virginia a dozen donuts!
If you lined up all the World Ovens® bakery items made for 7-Eleven in a year, they would extend almost 6,000 miles – from Boston to San Diego … and back again.
How sweet it is! 7-Eleven uses 365,000 pounds of glaze each month on its donuts, fritters and other pastries.
Most customers want a beverage with their favorite donut – 70 percent choose a cup of 7-Eleven coffee.
Blueberry is at the top of the hill as the best-selling World Ovens® muffin across the country. World Ovens Bakery is 7-Eleven stores’ proprietary line of fresh-baked items.
7-Eleven sells 41 million gallons of milk each year – enough for lots of milk mustaches! And enough to pour more than two glasses of milk for every man, woman and child in the United States.
WoW! Plus the fact that every birthday present bought for Kirby this year will come from a 7-11!

This just in.... The limited edition Kirbpee Mug will also be available with unlimited refills provided by Kirby in the parkin' lot next to Ken's truck.

Show us your tongue!

Chongolio

Lost-Isle
Coconut Wired Podcast
Barefoot bloggin'

I used to work at a 7-11 for 3 1/2 years in the 90's.
A time I would like to forget.
Night shifts, blahhhhh.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

Jeff.....We will Never Forget!

S
squid posted on Wed, Feb 7, 2007 9:11 PM

Hey!
Now I'm confused! Which one is the REAL Tonga Hut Post?Are they both? Is this a dimensional thing? Are realities overlapping? Is this a result of my Time Travel experiments?!?! And I would like to be the first to nominate Squid's flyer as the "Mostest Ugliest Tonga Hut Flyer Ever!" I don't know what's worse! That background or that double-chinned mugshot!

G
GROG posted on Thu, Feb 8, 2007 10:46 AM

On 2007-02-08 09:04, little lost tiki wrote:
I don't know what's worse! That background or that double-chinned mugshot!

Definitely the mugshot. Somebody needs to lay off the donuts.

GROG, I agree with you!
Somebody does need to lay off the donuts!

S
squid posted on Thu, Feb 8, 2007 2:39 PM

And they wonder why I don't post so much here...sheeeesh...

K

On 2007-02-08 14:39, squid wrote:
And they wonder why I don't post so much here...sheeeesh...

:lol:

O

On 2007-02-08 10:46, GROG wrote:

Definitely the mugshot. Somebody needs to lay off the donuts.

So, did I make this mug list or not? and is it a Chia mug or not? I'm stll a little pissed that I missed gettng on the Ohana mug list in time. But I was 5 or 6th down on this list, right Grog?. Looks like it's going to be a great art show as well. Can't wait.

Ojaitimo

Talk about a Tonga Hut renaissance!
When I first hit the place in the '90's it looked like it needed an oxygen mask, and was close to becoming one of Sven's "about-to-be-lost-archaeological-treasures-in-waiting"...
Very glad to see it rebounding to dubious glory, and way-stoked about a monthly calendrical crawl. Oooo.

Cheers and aloha,
SOK

(ps: Happy Planet-Earth-Vector-Day, Kirby! (And thanks for the link back!) Apuu is putting a candle in one of the preservative-packed brownies just for you...)

G
GROG posted on Thu, Feb 8, 2007 11:51 PM

Sorry Ojaitimo, eets not an art show thees time. However, Suzy the Drink Goddesses drinks are an art in themselves, and are not to be missed.

If you want to see some new art at the Tonga Hut, Kirby just delivered three carved tiki stools this week to the Tonga Hut.

O

OK, no art show this time but what about the Grog mug? I did make the list, right?

Life is a state of mind

[ Edited by: Ojaitimo 2007-02-09 08:49 ]

G
GROG posted on Fri, Feb 9, 2007 9:36 AM

Nope.

G
GROG posted on Fri, Feb 9, 2007 10:25 AM

Kinny like donuts at 7-11 alot.

Sounds Groovy too me I,ll be there

G
GROG posted on Sun, Feb 11, 2007 1:11 AM

Hey Suzy,

Looks like you got spammed by Tyger Jymmy.

(Either that, or his new signature avatar is huge)

[ Edited by: GROG 2007-02-11 01:12 ]

OOps im gonna go hide under the Bed

Pages: 1 2 3 4 157 replies