Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

Announcing Tiki Night @ The Tonga Hut! Starting SAT FEB 24th!

Pages: 1 2 3 4 157 replies

Gophers?
Are them Dang varmintcong at the Tonga Hut?
May I suggest a Varmintkill in the Parking Lot after hours?

K

On 2007-02-22 00:12, GROG wrote:

Hey GROG:
What's with the smurf tongue?!?
:lol:
K.

I think that was the night that I saw him eating one of those blue cakes in the Tonga Hut bathroom's urinal! :lol:

On 2007-02-22 16:10, little lost tiki wrote:
I think that was the night that I saw him eating one of those blue cakes in the Tonga Hut bathroom's urinal! :lol:

Mmm......urinal cakes. Oh yeah, watch out for Kirby's yellow shave ice, it's NOT banana!

Chongolio

G
GROG posted on Thu, Feb 22, 2007 7:35 PM

Yep, urinal cake. And GROG wash it down with a Blue Hawaiian.

K

On 2007-02-22 19:35, GROG wrote:
Yep, urinal cake. And GROG wash it down with a Blue Hawaiian.

Just wondering, does the Blue Hawaiian cut down the 'minty flavor' of the cake? just wondering...
or is that combination one of those required things, you know, like milk and cookies... :lol:

G
GROG posted on Fri, Feb 23, 2007 12:00 AM

It's like milk and cookies, the urinal cakes give the Blue Hawaiian that extra minty "zing".

Speaking of ZING, GROG getting thirsty just thinking about having a Ginger Flame on Saturday.
Suzy the Drink Goddess serving up the drinks at a tiki bar once again!! It's been too long. We'll all enjoy getting to see THIS again on Saturday:

(Although, that's ACTUALLY a picture of Suzy GETTING a drink rather than SERVING a drink, but you get the idea.)

[ Edited by: GROG 2007-02-23 00:03 ]

S

G
GROG posted on Fri, Feb 23, 2007 12:17 AM

No! GROG did NOT lick a smurf, you bastard!

Grog, I've never seen Papa Smurf look so angry. I hope you set him free after that picture was taken.

K

On 2007-02-23 00:11, squid wrote:

photoshop...gotta love it!
:lol:

G
GROG posted on Fri, Feb 23, 2007 9:37 AM

It'll be good to see Kinny at the Tonga Hut again.

On 2007-02-23 09:37, GROG wrote:

Mmmm, donuts...are they home made?
another reason for me to lament living on the east coast,
Hey Kinny, have 10 donuts for me...
GROG: enjoy your cookies and milk...or is it cake and blue hawaiian?
:D
K.

CA

bouncing Brazilian Bettys at LongBch Carnaval? or Tonga...
HMmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

On 2007-02-23 10:23, kikekeki wrote:

On 2007-02-23 09:37, GROG wrote:

Mmmm, donuts...are they home made?
another reason for me to lament living on the east coast,
Hey Kinny, have 10 donuts for me...
GROG: enjoy your cookies and milk...or is it cake and blue hawaiian?
:D
K.

Ummm, well... He doesn't actually use his hands to make the holes in the donuts....

K

Oh.
Ooooh....
EEEEEWWWWW!
KINNY!

:blush:

K.

Warning excessive consumption of urnial cakes will lead to skin discoloration and eratic behavior!

Dr. Chongolio

G
GROG posted on Fri, Feb 23, 2007 6:58 PM

That's pretty damned funny Chongo dude!

It's too bad we don't have time to print up these tshirts for Kirby's birthday.

[ Edited by: GROG 2007-02-23 19:07 ]

S

T

Aloha Suzy!! Though I am a Cali Native and well seasoned Tiki freak..I will attend my FIRST vist to the Hut Tonight..the 24th. I can't wait! Heading back to Oahu Friday..so this will be my celebratory Mai Tai night!! I look forward to meeting you!

Also, who else from here will be there??? I would love to make a few new friends!! Wait..Squid! You going??

Warmest Aloha's Thor

[ Edited by: THOR's 2007-02-24 03:32 ]

T

Hey TCers!

We just launched our new website at http://www.TongaHut.com! We plan to add more content and photos so please take a ton of photos tonight at the Tiki Night featuring Bartender Suzy and email them to me at [email protected].

Mahalo

Ana aka Mulatiki

T

Hey TCers!

We just launched our new website at http://www.TongaHut.com! We plan to add more content and photos so please take a ton of photos tonight at the Tiki Night featuring Bartender Suzy and email them to me at [email protected].

Mahalo

Ana aka Mulatiki

G
GROG posted on Sat, Feb 24, 2007 9:20 AM

Whoa, Dejavu.

Plenty of TCers will be there Thors. Just make sure you don't park next to Ken Ruzic's truck. That's Kirby's favorite palce to relieve himself.

See everybody tonight, now GROG off to see a screening of The Simpsons Movie this morning to see whether or not this damned movie we're busting our ass on is any good. GROG signed a confidentiality agreement not to discuss the movie, so don't get GROG drunk tonight and ask alot of questions about the movie and then post them on the internet you bastards!

On 2007-02-24 09:20, GROG wrote:
Whoa, Dejavu.

Plenty of TCers will be there Thors. Just make sure you don't park next to Ken Ruzic's truck. That's Kirby's favorite palce to relieve himself.

See everybody tonight, now GROG off to see a screening of The Simpsons Movie this morning to see whether or not this damned movie we're busting our ass on is any good. GROG signed a confidentiality agreement not to discuss the movie, so don't get GROG drunk tonight and ask alot of questions about the movie and then post them on the internet you bastards!

Hey GROG:
How many Blue Hawaiians will it take to get you to talk? And do you require cake with those drinks???
:wink:
K.

T

OK GROG!!!

See Ya at the Tonga!!!

~~ THOR

Thor's coming too?! MMMMMMMMM!

Squid! GROG! Kirby! Boris!
Get in me Belly!

visit http://www.kenruzic.com or I'll be so Sad!

[ Edited by: little lost tiki 2007-02-24 11:53 ]

S
squid posted on Sat, Feb 24, 2007 1:59 PM

I'll be there Thor, despite Kinny and his damn donuts.

G
GROG posted on Sat, Feb 24, 2007 3:16 PM

On 2007-02-24 11:47, kikekeki wrote:
Hey GROG:
How many Blue Hawaiians will it take to get you to talk? And do you require cake with those drinks???
:wink:
K.

No Blue Hawaiians for GROG tonight. GROG drink Ginger Flame!

Just like Sqwid, No amount of donuts,urinal cakes,or piss keep GROG away from Tonga Hut this evening.

G
GROG posted on Sat, Feb 24, 2007 5:22 PM

All ye who come to the Tonga Hut tonight, keep a wary eye out for the birthday boy!

[ Edited by: GROG 2007-02-24 17:25 ]

Hey Kids!

Looking forward to seeing you all tonight!

A last minute drink change-
Due to a nationwide shortage of Macadamia Liquor, we will not be sampling the Mauna Loa cocktail this time around.
BUT I still have PLENTY of great drink recipes up my sleeves,so no worries!

Mahalo!
Suzy

D

still sounds good. last night we went to the tiki shack grill and bar in Glendora, they have a " full" bar but "DO NOT STOCK RUM". they offered us a marg instead.

T

Aloha!!

Sorry I missed you guys...I hope it was fun!! I was there..but WAY too early! Hearing Happy Hour was starting at 4:00 I presumed it was like Waikiki Style where we start the Mai Tais as early as possible!! HAaa I got there at about 6:30 and stayed till my date was neeeding food before she passed out so I had to leave at around 8:00.

Cool place!!! We sat at a table and had to really BEG for service..but I guess it was because Suzy had not gotten to the bar yet. I will try again another night..the atmospeher and music was very timeless and enjoyable. I had a Zombie that was good..the Mai Tai's were a bit weak but again..maybe it was just that it was early and the night had not really gained momentum.

Anyway.....hope to be there the next Tiki night if I am in Town!!

S

OK me first!
Revue of Tiki Night at Tonga Hut:
FUN!
Met even more nice folks!
•JenTiki and Todd
•AlohaCurrent and Mrs. Aloha
•PiPhiRho
AND got to hang with a bunch of the other wackos to which I have become accustomed.
Sorry we missed ya Thor!

GROG's drink suggestion of the Ginger Flame was spot-on! Another Atomikitty miracle potion consumed to the slick analog grooves of DJ Lee.

Had to bail early due to exhaustion and food coma but looking forward to the next Tiki Night at Tonga Hut!! Thanks to all for a swell evening and for showing Mrs. Squid's sister a good time.

Oh yeah, and Happy Birthday Kirby! Stop using the Slim Jim as a swizzle stick.
It ain't Kosher!!

Now bring on the embarrasing photos...

J

Wow! What a great time! I'll go into more detail when I post my pics when I get home in a couple days. But for now, I just want to thank everyone who made me feel so welcome with the SoCal crowd! Even my un-tiki friend had a great time (once we were able to replace the key I broke off in his car door ... ooops!) I hope to see you all again soon!

Had a Great time! Meeting Jen & Todd was a highlight (hope that key in door didn't hold ya up all night) Happy Birthday again Kirby! It was fun seeing all the regulars too! Thanks again to Trader Tom, Ileane, John(dibroc)& Paula. The Pizza dinner it was fantastic but the least they could have done was to stick a umbrella in my spumoni don't ya think?

G
GROG posted on Sun, Feb 25, 2007 1:37 PM

Yep, Thor you left just before the masses piled in. The place was PACKED!!!! The Tonga Hut sold a few drinks last night, that's for sure!!

Yup Man I hada Blast had to leave on the early side wife was tired but it was kool . Cya all the best Tyger

Great night! It was wonderful to see the Tonga Hut packed on a night with no art show or other event than just a night to party. Always great to hear DJ Lee spinning his eclectic mix of music, too. And what an added bonus to have Suzie behind the bar again. Just like the old days at Lucky Tiki except, bigger! More room to move around, although after a while it got so crowded that moving around was difficult, too.

Tonga Hut has that look and feel of a vintage tiki bar. The new owners have preserved that well in their restoration. After all we have lost in the last year, it does my heart good to see the revival of the Tonga Hut going so well.

WoooHooo! Mucho Mahalo to The Tonga Hut Crew for putting on another Tiki-rrific Event. Soccer Tiki and I are already looking forward to coming back in March :)

T

Hey Everybody!

Thanks for partying with us on Saturday night! It was great to see the Hut hoppin with so many tiki enthusiasts. Thank you so much to Suzy for being our guest bartender and to DJ Lee for spinning. I also have to thank my staff Trevor and Myriah for an awesome job. Hope to see you all at the next Art Show!

Mahalo,

Mulatiki

I had a great time Saturday. Thank you to everyone involved for launching a great Tiki Night.

Looks like I’m the first one to post pictures.

Suzy making magic

JenTiki and Little Lost Tiki

Woo Hoo Wahine, Grog and Cheeky Girl

Aloha Brad and Aloha Melanie

Rum Balls anyone?

Little Lost Tiki, Polly, Kirby and PiPhiRho

Sabu and Cheeky Girl

Then everyone started sticking out their tongues.

I’m sure I’ll regret posting this one.

Yep, that’s a mistake alright.

Grog makes a nicer ending.

[ Edited by: Bora Boris 2007-02-26 21:58 ]

Excellent party- Tonga Hut was packed. Nice to finally meet the incomparable Dave and his lovely wife, Ken, Grog, the beauty next to Grog at Damon's, Boris, Kirby, Polly and Steve the Malibu house sitting warrior. Son of Kelbo, Elizabeth and Brian. Glad you guys made it. Jen and Todd hope to see you soon and with keys fully intact. Karen and Soccer you guys scream Aloha! Ken mahalo for the lift :D that was good sheet and remember a flute without holes is not a flute and a doughnut without holes is a danish.
shameless photos on the way..

J

On 2007-02-26 21:51, Bora Boris wrote:
I’m sure I’ll regret posting this one.

I was wondering why you two kept sneaking out together. I guess now we know! You make such a cute couple with the matching glasses and goatees!

[ Edited by: jentiki 2007-02-26 23:02 ]

I'm ashamed to say...but actually Boris and I do look GREAT together!
I'm the pitcher, by the way! :lol:
I also got the Academy Award for "Best Threesome"!

Sabu won the Award for "Sexiest-Come Hither Look"!!!
Must have been his Lucky Engrish Kitty keychain!

visit http://www.kenruzic.com or I'll tell everyone I know you!

[ Edited by: little lost tiki 2007-02-27 09:09 ]

J

Kirby stops to spend his birthday gift card at 7-11 on the way to the First Tonga Hut Tiki Night Awards Ceremony

The award for "Most Generous Donut Eater" goes to Little Lost Tiki who shared his ever-present donut stash with Squid and Grog, while sporting the latest in headwear from the JenTiki Line of Fine Hand-knit Accesories.

The award for "Largest Tiki Pendant" goes to Kirby

The award for "Cutest Kirby Barstool Model" goes to Polly

The award for "Most Awards in One Picture" goes to Sabu the Coconut Boy, CheekyGirl, and Bora Boris, showing off their awards for winning my flyer and lyrics contests.

The award for "Best Expression He Shouldn't Have In Public" goes to Little Lost Tiki, flanked by Polly and me.

The award for "Best Tolerance by non-TC people at a Tiki Event" goes to Jane (Squid's sister-in-law), Todd (my best friend), and Melanie (AlohaCurrent's lovely wife)

Okay, I've run out of witty award titles, so now I'm just gonna post the rest of my pics. (Sorry LLT!)

Sabu the Coconut Boy, Little Lost Tiki, and Bora Boris

AlohaCurrent and his lovely wife, Melanie

Little Lost Tiki and Sabu the Coconut Boy

Little Lost Tiki and WooHooWahine

Grog, CheekyGirl, me, and Bora Boris

Grog and Kirby

Grog and Kirby's girl, Polly

Sabu's little friend, DrunKitty sips from Sabu's Forbidden Island mug

Little Lost Tiki and AlohaCurrent

It turns out that on that same night, Hollywood was preparing for its own little awards show. We drove past part of the red carpet on the way home. Note the smaller Oscars in full body condoms at the bottom left of the picture.

Thanks again for a great night everybody! I couldn't find a single "Hoity-Toity" in the whole bunch of the SoCal TC Ohana that I met that night!

Had a great time at the 1st Tiki Night at the Tonga Night! Here's a few of my pictures.

The Ginger Flame in the Prize winning FI Mug (compliments of JenTiki)

Look at those babies all in a row!

All the way from Sacramento!

The Doh-Nuts!

Squid is going to teach that donut a lesson!

Grog squaring off with his.

The Elusive Steve. Nice pendant - real ivory!

Grog and SoccerTiki -- Look No tongue!

Okay, I just wanted to show off my new purse and mug.

And of course, one of Kirby's stools!

Um, I was there too...how is it that I didn't see a single one of these people? Was I in a time warp? Where is my beautiful wife and family? This is not my big automobile!

Is there some other Tonga Hut in another alternate universe where Suzy bartends and I don't see anyone I know? I got there at midnight. Got the flyer for the next art show, spoke with Atomikitty, had a Ginger Snap and saw no one.

I was at the Lava lounge earlier that evening, had a couple of Cosmopolitans, watched an enchanting mod band called the Modlins, then some heavy rock-n-rollers came on stage and me and my roommate decided it was time to hit the REAL party at the Tonga Hut.

Only I passed through a wormhole somewhere and ended up in the THE TONGA HUT IN THE PARALLEL WORLD!

Hi to everybody I apparently missed. See you all at the next gathering, unless I pass through another time portal and end up on the other side of the mirror.

Mahalo Suzy, email me about that show on the 16th, I've got a hot painting to reveal to the mug collectors of the world.

Tikicutie

CA

Do'h! looks like grog got best dough-nut of the night!!!
mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm. dough nut

Pages: 1 2 3 4 157 replies