Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Other Crafts

Little Lost Tiki(Ken Ruzic)'s Latest Masterpiece!!!

Pages: 1 25 replies

I am not one to brag...BUT.....I am the proud owner of a One-Of-A-Kind fully customized, enchantified, colorfied, personalized...Why it's THE ENCHANTED TIKI ROOM HOLY GRAIL TIKI MUG handpainted by Little Lost Tiki.... On display at the Soccer Tiki Grotto and coming to TC Events the I attend!

Take a look:

THE CONCEPT

THE FINISHED PRODUCT

THE FAMILY

I feel very fortunate to have made friends with Ken. His work is unbelievable! If you haven't seen his tiki concepts, then you are surely missing an important evolution in tiki style! Keep up the great work Ken!
SoccerTiki

WoooHooo! Little Lost Tiki your work is INCREDIBLE!!!! :)

H

Great mug! :) Awesome artwork as always Ken

N

Cool mug... Hows do I gets one..

J

Wow, that mug kicks tiki butt!!! Can't wait to see what he does to my moai!

Very nice indeed. :tiki:

K

Ok, this one I like...
K.

T

That must have started out as a non-glazed mug? The detail is so much more crisp. The other characters look camouflage next to Ken's.

Hi kids!
Peeked my head in here to see what all the hullaballoo was... (plus when somethin's got your name on it-you get curious-and a lil' scared at the same time!!!!old enemies/girlfriends/stalkers-that kind of stuff...) and then was disappointed....I already saw that mug! :)
Thanks you all for lovin it,and thank you Soccertiki for providing the means to bring this project to life! I won't thank you for all the beatings and whippings, but after reading of Benvenuto Cellini's trouble with patrons (jail-threats of excommunication-attempted murder) I feel very lucky to have escaped fates far worse! As for the process, I started with a bisque original (just like the one we worked on for the DVA gallery show last year) Did the studies/colorways-which was the worse part of it (For such a big macho guy-he sure is very Martha Stewart-like when it comes to colors!)/then I painted it up with gouache(it soaks in just enough and retains the colors pretty close) then sealed it a few times inside and out with a satin glaze (that's half matte/half gloss)/after that I added some raised areas with puff paint and after drying sealed those a couple of times -and that's how it gots done! Thanks again Chris, and all of you envious mug collectors!
ps: I forgot! Fellow artists! He also is very professional and prompt with his payments!!!
(He made me say that!) :lol:

[ Edited by: little lost tiki 2007-03-14 08:28 ]

FANTASTIC! :) ................*

H

That rocks the house!!!!! As does all of Ken's stuff-always a crowd pleaser!!!

On 2007-03-11 23:08, NOTCH wrote:
Cool mug... Hows do I gets one..

You gotta kiss up to Ken and wait until he has the time! Just kidding!* You just gotta be in the right place, at the right time! And beg a little!

"Mortgages and Mai-Tai's...Whatta life!"

[ Edited by: soccertiki 2007-03-14 16:38 ]

Keep an eye open for this mug at The Tiki Room Tribute this weekend :)

Bump!

Really nice mug. Thanks for sharing the process. I'm always curious as to how things are actually done. Looking forward to seeing more.

another fantastic piece..... congrats soccer tiki!

LLT, your art is amazing

Amy

Now I am REALLY looking forward to seeing your artwork at the LONDON LUAU! What an appetizer, great detailing on the mug LLT! Keep it coming!!

Trader Jim - Make mine a Mai-Tai!

Did I mention how much I love my LLT Enchanted TikiRoom Mug???

no. i don't think you have..... :roll:
please tell us for the fiftieth time.....

Ken, I just wanted to thank you for the studio tour!!!! Especially that late at night...you made my whole trip awesome. Your work is amazing and it was a blast to see so much in one place! Stay tuned for some cool glass art coming from your inspiration!!!

P

M

[ Edited by poptiki on 2022-10-12 03:34:47 ]

I think all this just shows how Ken is one of the absolute TOP TIKI ARTISTS EVER.

No one is better, but a couple may be equal.

Wow... This thread got zombified
and brought back!
Thank YOU Dave,for the late night visit!
I had the studio door unlocked
expecting one friend
when i hear an unfamiliar voice
hollerin,"kenruzic!? hello?"
Great.... some mass murderer just stumbled into the batcave
and it's finally time ...
but it was you,Dave!
Thanks for popping by and chatting up about art and inspiration
and cryptozoology!
Love your stained glass pieces you've created for Disney!
Let's make something cool together!

poptiki-what's up old pal?
Haven't seen you in awhile!

Robb-shush!
don't believe the hype....
the grass is always greener,my friend....
:)

Oh mon dieu!!!! this so cuuuute! fabulous idea!

In Yesteryears News: circa 2007 - "Yeah, I think Kinny should handpaint all SHAG mugs imported from China for Disney"... :lol: ...he's got the time... but that's just me? ~WhoamI
:P (standing by for rapid fire rotten tomato launchers!) :P

Unbelievable! it's just... so kenny! :)
I love it!

Pages: 1 25 replies