Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

Forbidden Island One Year Anniversary Party April 22nd, 2007! *Details Pg 1*

Pages: 1 2 3 118 replies

Was gonna try to make a sneak attack

( like last time)

but we'll be going to Iggy & The Stooges

on the 23rd, here in LA. ( and need to be rested!!!)

Have a splended 1 year party, M,M & M.

Good times building the joint!!

When you gonna tell everyone about the Vegas one??

Oooops! D'oh!

M

We just had Dave & Rebecca from the Purple Orchid up last week and they stayed at the Marina Village Inn and spoke very well of it. Also said it was very reasonable.

Hooking up with Moondog, his wife and Tigerlily for the FI Anniversary. Mmmmmmm, I can already taste the Monkeypod. :)

Sounds like fun! I think I will stop by~

Looks like I'll be coming to Oakland for a few daze of work, on Monday the 16th.

Oh crud!

You're closed on Mondays!!

Arrrr!!!

Just my luck.

oh well.

maybe next time........

M

UPDATE

There will be approx. 60 or so anniversary mugs for sale.

One per customer only!

As with the Bad Liver sale, I will hand out numbered tags to people in line right before we open the doors so that you need not rush to the vending table when the doors open- your number will be held.

Do not sleep on the sidewalk! Alameda PD will chase you away if you are there at night.

Thayer- what time did Alameda PD say it was OK to line up?

Price is still TBD....

Please be prepared with cash for this sale- and for all the great vendors who will be there!!

Did I mention the incredible posters?

We will also be selling a limited edition signed and numbered commemorative poster designed by Courtney Callahan at Lucky Mule Designs in Oakland (www.luckymule.com)

These will be available individually or as a combo-pak with mug for a better value!

The posters are looking fantastic- great vintage graphics and style!

You will love. And you will buy.

That is all.

WooHooo! 6 More Days :)

Does anyone have an extra liver they can lend me for this coming weekend? 12 hours of Mai-Tai's at the Tiki Farm Sale has got me nervous! Awe, what the heck! I'll just do "extra" liver-limbering calisthentics this week!!! Maybe a little kidney-cardio training!

....sounds like if I get there by noon I should be fine.

Looks like it might rain. Bring umbrellas!

On 2007-04-17 07:03, moondog426 wrote:
....sounds like if I get there by noon I should be fine.

As someone who got there way too early last time, I can tell you that people showed up at 12:00 and got one of the 23 bad liver mugs(first 2 were reserved). If there will be over 60 this time, I am assuming that 12 should be fairly safe. Who knows what will happen, though...

Well, be aware that FI is opening an hour earlier that it did on "Bad Liver" Sunday....

The weather for the 1 yr. anniversary keeps changing. 9 days out it was clear. Yesterday a few showers at 30% chance. Today 40% chance. Tomorrow it will change again. I have a canopy but it needs repair. Couldn't get it done before the weekend. If someone local can spare a canopy, send me a PM, if you please. Thanks.

Thanks everyone for your PM's. Problem solved.
See you there, rain or moonshine or moondog.

TIKI HUNTER is stocking up right to the last minute! :D

We still have items from GECKO and Crazy Al, lots of unique collectibles, an August Holland Tiki print, (just like the one seen hanging in Forbidden Island!), loads of handmade Tiki Jewelry and more everyday! :o

Expecting another large shipment from Hawaii...at this time not likely to arrive in time for the show! :cry:

Mrs.Mojo will be picking up some Authentic Papua New Guinea Tapa Cloths tonight from her mother who just returned.

We're expecting a large shipment of very cool carved pieces by this Friday.

So there should be plenty of variety to keep all the shoppers happy!

Plus once again we will be set up with wireless credit card acceptance for those BIG purchases! :)

Mahalo all.....see ya there!

On 2007-04-18 08:06, Jungle Trader wrote:
Thanks everyone for your PM's. Problem solved.
See you there, rain or moonshine or moondog.

See ya there Jungle Man...Long time no see!!! I thinks I owe ya a drinky or two!

FI Tribe ~ You better Rest Up: Soccer Tiki, Al-ii, Cheekygirl, Tigerlily, and I will be in your neck of the woods in 3 days. WOOOOHOOOOO! :)

MT

I'm resting my liver now - oops, off to Forbidden Island. Damn!!!

Tiki Central - Exception

Oh no.

An error occurred. Site administrators have been notified of the error.