Forbidden Island One Year Anniversary Party April 22nd, 2007! *Details Pg 1*

Pages: 1 2 3 118 replies

T

BEST

WEEKEND

EVER!

CHRIST ON A CRUTCH!

Pictures soon.

Okay, all night long, all I keep feeling was wave after wave of generosity from everyone who stopped in.

Generosity in patience, in support, and in downright sappy love. Every face I looked into was smiling back and happy to be there. I felt appreciated - thanks for that.

And so my thanks back atcha! I really like my job!

J

On 2007-04-23 15:57, Haole'akamai wrote:
Okay, all night long, all I keep feeling was wave after wave of generosity from everyone who stopped in.

Generosity in patience, in support, and in downright sappy love. Every face I looked into was smiling back and happy to be there. I felt appreciated - thanks for that.

And so my thanks back atcha! I really like my job!

Madame Thayer,
It is often simply your presence that makes a visit to FI a special evening! You have been so warm and supportive to me in the past 10 months or so since I found the Island! Thank you for going beyond just doing your job to being a beautiful friendly port in a sometimes stormy existence! You embody the spirit of Forbidden Island and they're lucky to have you! Much Aloha to you!

Great pics everyone...and have to agree....Thayer was dabomb....she kept us knee deep in food and drinks.....and all the time with a smile. I think I laughed too much (that moondog is a hoot) as I have no voice today. It was wonderful seeing eveyone and meeting more TCers in person. Will be sure to make this event again next year too.

Big kudos to moondog for getting up before the rest of the world, staving off the masses as the first in line, and snapping up booth for us. It is wonderful drinking inside those bamboo booths. :D

Pictures tomorrow....Still recovering! Whatta great time!

WoooHooooo! What a Celebration!!

The line to get a # for the mug and to get in wrapped all the way around the corner

Tigerlily, SoccerTiki, & Vampiress RN

Notch, Tiki Diablo, & SoccerTiki

CongaMike

JungleTrader & SoccerTiki

We Partied ALL Night Long

Some New TC Recruits

Cheekygirl & Chongolio

Tigerlily & SoccerTiki

The Mai Kai Gents rocked FI

[ Edited by: WooHooWahine 2007-04-23 21:00 ]

On 2007-04-06 22:22, MEAN GENE wrote:
I haven't had a chance to visit yet. Hope we can make it up.

I heard that my number is on the wall in the girl's bathroom?....

J

Wow! What a party! Too bad I forgot to drink water and eat something between the mai tais! I paid for that mistake all morning! I actually had friends drive me and my car home! Seems I missed all the indoor fun, but I had a great time hanging out back!

Thanks to Martin, Mike, and Mano (I think I'll call you the Three M-igos), and the staff and volunteers for a fun day and a great first year! Here's to many, many more! Here are my pics of the day.

The line to get in and to get the limited edition mug :down:

TikiCleen and I sporting our original Paipo pendants :down:

The Jab, Mrs. Midnite, and Jab's friend :down:

The Jab and his friend, whose name I don't know :down:

Martiki, the host with the most, and Notch, mug designer extraordinaire :down:

The ultimate hostess, Haole'akamai :down:

I don't know who this is, but I love her dress and little coconut bag, so I took a pic :down:

Midnite and The Jab discuss the finer points of Mai Tais from a dispenser :down:

The party in full swing under the tent out back :down:

FI regulars Chris and Maria enjoying the festivities :down:

SoccerTiki double fists his $6 mai tais :down:

Will the Thrill, Chongolio, and CongaDenise are all smiles :down:

The Midnites enjoy the mai tai pouring tips :down:

DrunkenHat points out the high price of Chongolio's airfare to Hawaii :down:

And Chongolio decides to drink his worries away :down:

Notch, Stephanie, and TikiDiablo sit among the Jungle Trader tikis :down:

Jungle Trader shows off his latest acquisition from New Zealand :down:

I had such a great time: Mahalo to all the hard work that made the FI anniversary party a fantastic event. I didn't take many pictures -- was having way too much fun...but here's a few that I took:

This is me bummed -- that I was on the "Waiting List #3". I didn't get a mug.

The back area -- Humu working the Mai Tai Towers.

Tiki Diablo & Chongolio

CocoLoco CheekyGirl (me) and Stephanie

CocoLoco & Mai Tai

Chongolio being a "cheeky monkey"

Okay, I rounded up a few pics that are a little different than what's been covered:

:up: The hooptybowl -- with the large crowd, bowls were off the menu, so we created our own. Note the lovely radish garnish!

:up: All the way from Vermont -- Primo Kimo!

:up: Haole'akamai breaks in her new severed head

:up: I've got other pictures of the Mai Kai Gents & other bands playing where I used a flash, but this one better conveys the feel of the room... it may be blurry, but the feel is right. Just pretend it's blurry because you're moving around having a good time.

If you'd like to see the rest of my photos, they're all here:
http://photo.humuhumu.com/v/fianniversary/

Critiki - Ooga-Mooga - Humu Kon Tiki

[ Edited by: Humuhumu 2007-04-23 23:37 ]

Thank you all for the great photos. We left way too early, we had to get back so Dan could arrange all of his new tikis from Minnies and Tiki Diablo. It's worth the 2.5 hour drive for sure.

Tiki Clean, so very sorry to miss you.

Seeing these photos was like being there after all, thank you again, Wendy

Wow, what an amazing time!

Thank you everyone for the happy birthday wishes- the big '30' passed without a panic attack or breakdown, due in large part to the beautiful atmosphere and AMAZING people I was surrounded with. A few Mai Tais didn't hurt either!. . . .:)

Here's some pics-

MAHALO!

On 2007-04-24 14:27, atomikitty posted:

Wow! Is that you as the lead in One Way Wahine?! You loooook Maaaahvahlous! And No Way Wahine, you're only 30! :wink:

T

Tikicleen & Hans

Jeff & Johnny

Tikicleen & Carrie

Tikicleen & Drunken Hat

Carrie & Hans

Evelyn & Cari Lee

Mano, Martiki, & Conga Mike receive a gong in recognition of their first year. Sorry Mike, I was drunk when I took this!

M

Looks like I really like the gong!

Whew! Well, we just packed up the tent today, and things are beginning to get back to normal around here....

What a day! I was so flattered and honored by the huge turnout and all the kind words. I wish I could have spent more time catching up with everyone- especially all of you who travelled so far for our little shindig.

Big mahaloz are in order to:

1. Vendors- thanks for adding that extra magic!
  2. Our volunteers- who kept the mai tais flowing and the tshirts rolling!
  3. The bands- as Mike said to me today, "we went from never even having a single uke player live here before to five bands in one day!" And it went beautifully- thanks for bringing your talent and working in such a tight space. And keeping it on time!!!

I hope you all had a good time...it's all a blur.

Hey, Ran- you might not have made it, but your sister did!

MAHALO EVERYONE!

pictures soon...

Hot Damn! Martin, Mike and Rebecca worked non-stop. I saw ya', constantly on your feet and running for possibly 12 hours on Sunday.
Thank you! Good times.
Except for that Aqua guy. He tried to hump me.

still buzzing around here after this event...here's some pics...

the front of the line!....Christopher and Patty.

Al showing off what we all were after.

Where I spent Sunday.

Wendy, Kingstiedie and Al counting the minutes

honey D-lux and tigerlilly

VampiressRN enjoy 'the forbidden island'....yum

2 California tiki legends......Drunken Hat and Jungle Trader

Dr Tiki mojo and Eva...he brought everything but the kitchen sink and his hat!

heyyyyyy bartender!

M

*I hope you all had a good time...it's all a blur.

Yes, could we have a do over? All I can recall is a great big tub of ice, $6, FLOAT!, $12, "No, Bill I will not pour you a belly shot", more ice!, $6, low on float, way low on mix, $6, ice, $18, low ice, and the ice is down low.

If I never see another Island Mai Tai...

Sure looked easy last year when Jim worked the Mai Tai bar,
midnite el sticky hippie

PS Way to go FI on one fun-filled year!

On 2007-04-24 21:08, martiki wrote:

Hey, Ran- you might not have made it, but your sister did!

Martin, I'm so glad FI is a success. Happy to hear that my sister-IN-LAW and brother made it, and got a chance to say hello. I was wondering if they were going to or not.

All the best,
Ran

M

Pictures!

In Full Swing

A respectable local attorney, an attorney of ill repute, and a landscape designer walk into a tiki bar....

Jen holding down the retail fort

Cigarettes are yucky, Mr. Hat!

I am serious. And don't call me Shirley.

Two of the best bartenders around.

Three better halves, two lesser halves; missing half was napping.

Matt loses it.

Hans off!

What a blast! Working the mai tai bar with midnite, humu, and the lovely "suzanne whose tiki name I forget" was a great way to spend the afternoon. I am sure I am not the only one who sometimes fantasizes (not that way!) about being part of the FI team, so this was great fun.

I'm always so appreciative that although I don't get to FI every week (or even every other week) that I always feel welcome and, amazingly, my name is frequently remembered!

Having moved here last May, I have never known life in the Bay Area without Forbidden Island, and I never hope to!

RTT, mongoose of the south seas

J

On 2007-04-25 12:34, RikiTikiTavi wrote:
and the lovely "suzanne whose tiki name I forget"

Believe it or not her tiki name is .... "Suzanne"

Congratulations! You remembered it after all!

Pages: 1 2 3 118 replies