Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Carving

Don't read, just BS here! Seriously!

Pages: 1 2 3 111 replies

Dude I actually dig that first carving.. its like a cross between a coconut monkey and a ku. I dig!

On a side note... is this where you buy the tickets to the sideshow? I heard the legendary "Giant Baby" was on display. This is an attraction I continue to miss but has me so intrigued.

** posts by stuckieshaft in no way represent the views of munktiki **

S

On 2007-04-25 17:32, Sneakytiki wrote:
Teakey and digitiki,

I've got to admit the joshcat "shit" is pretty funny. It would be nice if you'd stop derailing this thread though.

PS
It's also kinda sick and wrong and pukey. :)

Laters,
S
T

Crank calls? Seriously Digiteakey? Weak!

Sneaky, You're doing excellent work that will only improve over time. Period.

Of all the critique guidelines, I like my Grandma's best: "If you don't have anything constructive or nice to say, keep your mouth shut". She probably stole it from someone else but it works for me.

And let's all please not confuse DiGi TiKi 77 with digitiki.

I can't wait to fire up my carvin' rodents this summer.

Carve on, brutha!

S

Almost forgot....GROG's still in the stone age as far as tools. Have you considered upgrading to one of these?

G
GROG posted on Thu, Apr 26, 2007 1:21 PM

GROG sick of squirrels thanks to LLT, so no GROG not try that. GROG still interested in Sneaky's trained carving dogs, though. Turns out Bayparkbuzzy uses one of those, as well.

Sneaky, good luck getting your thread back.

Squirrels? Did somebody say Squirrels?

Sorry Sneaky! Couldn't resist! :)

G
GROG posted on Thu, Apr 26, 2007 1:46 PM

Sorry Sneaky, Ruzic found your thread. Now you're COMPLETELY f&%ked!! Dealing with Teakey was a walk-in-the-park compared to dealing with Ruzic. You might as well start a NEW thread, because this one just took a turn for the worse.

On 2007-04-26 10:15, stuckieshaft wrote:
Dude I actually dig that first carving.. its like a cross between a coconut monkey and a ku. I dig!

On a side note... is this where you buy the tickets to the sideshow? I heard the legendary "Giant Baby" was on display. This is an attraction I continue to miss but has me so intrigued.

** posts by stuckieshaft in no way represent the views of munktiki **

Stuckie,

Glad you liked Kong tiki! I think he was the better of the two carvings. I hope the "show" is over.
I REALLY appreciate all the support I've gotten. I know that some might think otherwise, but I never intended for things to go this way. I wanted to help, not start a riot.

Peace,
ST

Sneaky, You're doing excellent work that will only improve over time. Period.

Of all the critique guidelines, I like my Grandma's best: "If you don't have anything constructive or nice to say, keep your mouth shut". She probably stole it from someone else but it works for me.

And let's all please not confuse DiGi TiKi 77 with digitiki.

I can't wait to fire up my carvin' rodents this summer.

Carve on, brutha!

Squid,

Thanks for the encouragement! I'll get back at it.

I enjoy your creations and really appreciate your comments.

--Apologies to digitiki! --

S
T

On 2007-04-25 19:55, FreddieBallsomic wrote:
U all need to turn those frowns upside down...and I Gots just the thing........
Little Lost Tiki Snacks. ;-D

"Runnin around and the gangs all wacked on the losteekee snax."

G
GROG posted on Thu, Apr 26, 2007 11:00 PM

You do know of course that THESE are Little Lost Tiki Snacks, because that boy is NUTS!

T
Tipua posted on Fri, Apr 27, 2007 1:41 AM

Okay now gentlemen, let's relax and have a moment of reflection...

... Sneaky, the floor is again yours!
:)

On 2007-04-25 19:15, GROG wrote:
GROG not get to check this thread since this morning----whoo what a ride! Sneaky, I bet you don't know how much entertainment that gave the rest of TC.

Don't be emabarrassed by your carvings. Since you're a PROFESSIONAL ARTIST, you have a very good attitude towards criticism, and as you are well aware, you gotta start somewhere.

Grog,

Thanks again. I appreciate your comments, advice, and wit.

Thanks also to all those who privately encouraged me to continue. I've cleaned up the Moai-Hei-makau piece a bit with the Black and Decker dremel tool knock-off I just got. I don't have any attachments made for wood yet so it's still not that much improved. A few hours work and it's just a BIT smoother and more defined. I need to take my shopping lists I got from the carving threads and pick up a few basic implements, then after playing with the new toys perhaps I'll post again.

I don't know what thread the BK comment came from or what context it was made in. I saw a comment by Humuhumu in the other relevant thread that I could see some good points in. What I took from HH's comment, and how I'm choosing to interpret the quote from BK is that I shouldn't post pictures unless I've made some progress in my carving.
I shouldn't keep bumping my thread with new pix just to hear "Nice work" or encouragement etc. I have to admit that for first posts I am probably guilty of posting too many pix and comments. I was enjoying the encouraging words etc. but I didn't need to post so frequently. In the future I will TRY to avoid posting a pic. or update to my thread unless I feel a piece will show progress in honing my skills, has to do with a question I need answered/advice I need given, or unless I feel a piece is good enough that posting it will somehow add to the quality of the thread due to it kicking butt. The last reason I just posted may never happen. :wink:

Peace
ST

[ Edited by: Sneakytiki 2007-04-29 13:31 ]

edited to add this about criticism:

Someone who is about to admonish another must realize within himself five qualities before doing so [that he may be able to say], thus:

"In due season will I speak, not out of season. In truth I will speak, not in falsehood. Gently will I speak, not harshly. To his profit will I speak, not to his loss. With kindly intent will I speak, not in anger."

-"Vinaya Pitaka," translated by F.S. Woodward

From "Teachings of the Buddha," edited by Jack Kornfield

[ Edited by: sneakytiki 2007-05-15 08:25 ]

I guess it's probably good to reel things in a little if that what the people in charge are
asking for. It's also likely that I post more pics of a particular piece than might be
necessary. Hang in there and keep plucking away, I know I will.

BK's official comment about this whole thing is in keeping with the immature, emotionally retarded, elementary school "your-mama-joke" vibe around this topic lately: (blank, bored stare...) (poot...)

On 2007-05-02 17:06, Basement Kahuna:
(poot...)

Someone open a window, BK just farted.....

[ Edited by: Haole'akamai 2007-05-03 08:29 ]

UB

Hey Sneak!
Your right, this thread really does suck.
I feel right at home here.

(great work, don't stop)

Pages: 1 2 3 111 replies