Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Marketplace

sams mugs both new and our maori mug

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 192 replies

S

I am working with tiki farms to have design new tiki mugs and tiki shot glasses for sams seafood, what I would like to do is get some different tiki mugs to put in the bar, so I will do an exchange program for a bit when we get ours for you bring in one for us to display and I will give you one of our new Sams Tiki mugs Thanks for your support. If you have anything you feel like you want to donate I would be more then happy to use it. I will do what I can to make this a nice place. Thanks, Alan

You're the man Al-an.
I have a little somethin' to give you.
Dig?

T

I'll be truckin' sumpin out on my trip in March! Even Stevens!

Sign me up!

Are you looking at reviving the old Sam's Seafood design?

Here is a pix posted by Sabu:

S

If anyone has any ideas or thoughts on mugs give me you ideas. alan

How about some sort of hut-shaped thing? With a roof, and holes for straws. Maybe in green?
That would be coooolllllll......

I, for one, like mugs. especially the ceramic kind

H
hewey posted on Wed, Dec 13, 2006 5:26 PM

we could use mugs for rum! :) what a quaint idea...

T

a sword fish to go with a trader Vics seahorse, thats a no brainer

On 2006-12-13 17:35, teaKEY wrote:
a sword fish to go with a trader Vics seahorse, thats a no brainer

You'll poke your eye out.

Alan,

If you want to go traditional, here is a photo of the original mugs that Sam's Seafood used back in the 1960s. They match the logo tiki from the menus and matchbooks that Sam's used back then. The photo is a closeup of a postcard showing the old Sam's Seafood Giftshop:

Sabu

[ Edited by: Sabu The Coconut Boy 2006-12-13 17:48 ]

How about this mug??

Can you make a pirate mug?

TS

I agree with Sabu...I'd go with the original Sams mug.It looks good and it is unique to Sams Seafood.

I agree with Sabu, as well. The old vintage Sam's mug is too awesome! In fact, I think I may have suggested this very thing, on one of the other threads. Sabu stole my idea (although I stole his photo for my post in the first place) :)

Tiki Farm does good replica work. The Mai Kai rum decanters look pretty similar to the originals, and all the Trader Vic mugs, too. Can't go wrong there. I can't wait to see how everything shapes up!

Alan,
Good to hear that you have everything on track. Shake up some top notch drinks and you will have the tiki community(and every other boozer) flocking to Sam's for libations and eats. I would definitely make the trek from the bay area.

A

On 2006-12-18 12:51, TikiJosh wrote:
Tiki Farm does good replica work. The Mai Kai rum decanters look pretty similar to the originals, and all the Trader Vic mugs, too. Can't go wrong there. I can't wait to see how everything shapes up!

Not to mention Tiki Farm's great replica of Bali Hai's mug.

I like the vintage style mug design. However, I think that a swordfish would make a great swizzle stick.

...of course if we use actual swordfish, we're going to have to use awfully big mugs. Probably more rum as well.

Another yay for the vintage style mug.

T

with the original mug, isn't there a mug that is out there without the flower.

My vote is to replicate the original except for a small tweak, Replace his bent knees with feet. A Sam’s Mug should kneel before No One!

Aloha samsback!!!

I'm very excited to hear about the progress on sam's seafood and I eagerly await the reopening!

When we thought sam's was going to be gone for good, some fine TCer's threw together a farewell party and asked me to carve up a commemorative pendant (based on the sig tiki from the mugs and menu):

I'd be happy to tweak it sleightly and re-cast some if you would be interested. Feel free to PM or email at: [email protected]

Here's a link to that thread, if you haven't already seen it: http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?topic=19531&forum=17

[ Edited by: Polynesiac 2006-12-18 19:08 ]

Polynesiac,
Sweet work on the pendant. I want on now!!!

I wouldn't mind designing and sculpting your tiki mug for you. I've done some for Oceanic Arts 50th anniversary, Forbidden Island, Mission Tiki Drive In , Tiki Beach Fest, Exotica 2005 in Chicago and some for myself.

On 2006-12-19 00:05, Tiki Diablo wrote:
I wouldn't mind designing and sculpting your tiki mug for you. I've done some for Oceanic Arts 50th anniversary, Forbidden Island, Mission Tiki Drive In , Tiki Beach Fest, Exotica 2005 in Chicago and some for myself.

Tiki Diablo,
Really dig that Forbidden Island mug- just classic. Really nice textures all around. The shape reminds me of the Bumatay mug.

S

I am looking for some of the original mugs that sams seafood sold. If anyone out there has one and can let me borrow it so, I can have tiki farms make new issue of those mugs that would help out alot. Thankds and I will keep you posted of when we open. Alan

T

I wish I could help. I don't even know of anyone that has one of these. There's not one listed in Ooga Mooga either, so no one there has one.

A
Al-ii posted on Mon, Jan 29, 2007 5:27 PM

Bong has one so does Sabu
Mahalo,
Al

Hello everyone I just recieved our new sample of the tiki mug re want to do as our first run. PLEASE email me with your thought so that I get it right for all your tiki mug lovers. Holden from tiki farms is doing the mug. Email me as soon as you can so I can give the final approval.

Thanks for all your support and we are trying to have the opening close to mid march. Look foward to meeting you all. alan

[ Edited by: samsback 2007-02-13 11:59 ]

That's my new favorite mug!

T

Looks pretty sweet to me. Congrats.

Awesome Mug!!!

I like the name and city on the back too!! Great idea!!! Looks like I may need to pick up one of these.

Cheers and Mahalo,
Jeff

Nice... but I keep seeing...

Yes please.

T

Mid-March opening would be marvy, since I'l be in HB from the 17th till the 21st. Mug looks great too. Any idea on the glaze color?

S

here is the person that is designing the mug. alan

What? No buttcrack?????

very nice! Looks really good, I can't wait to get my hands on one!

It seems highly fitting that the new Sam's mug should be designed by Sam Gambino. Excellent choice - I'll certainly be by to pick up one of these!

On 2007-02-14 09:17, SoccerTiki wrote:
What? No buttcrack?????

Definitely needs buttcrack.

P

That's just the gap betweeen his feet, isn't it?

err, I think those are the backs of the legs, the buttcrack would be higher. Or maybe his ass is just extreemely well defined? I guess a higher crack might interfere with the text spacial zone. (though I also think he needs crack)

One comment, he's really cute but the two-tone thing is sort of strange. The drawing looks great, I think all one colour might look better, with a semi-transparent glaze defining the detail.

Just my 2 lovely bunch of coconuts

On 2007-02-14 19:24, Tikiwahine wrote:
err, I think those are the backs of the legs, the buttcrack would be higher. Or maybe his ass is just extreemely well defined? I guess a higher crack might interfere with the text spacial zone. (though I also think he needs crack)

One comment, he's really cute but the two-tone thing is sort of strange. The drawing looks great, I think all one colour might look better, with a semi-transparent glaze defining the detail.

Just my 2 lovely bunch of coconuts

the photo's the sculpt.

T

when I first saw the mug( earlier today), I also thought,needs crack and not sure about the two-tone.

I liked the top pic of one tone the best. The two-tone, if that is what it is,looks like a wrestler mask.

I think what Makedamug is saying (if I may be so bold) is the mug won't be 2-toned. We're having a look at the sculpt, not a finished product. This only shows us the shape. The different colours we see right now may be a result of "adding" material to the base sculpt...Or it may just be how this artist likes to work on their sculpts.

Of course I may have totally misinterpreted that, and I apologize for Bryan Adams.

Yours Truly,

Apologetic Canadian.

On 2007-02-14 20:16, Slacks Ferret wrote:
I think what Makedamug is saying (if I may be so bold) is the mug won't be 2-toned. We're having a look at the sculpt, not a finished product.

Okok, no need to get your panties in a bunch :wink:

Opinions were asked and thusly given, it's not my fault the sculpt is more colours than I expected, more fancy-like. I'll wait 'till a more final product is presented before I go flapping my slack jaw all over hill and dale, dagnabbitt!

Great to see a mug for Sam's, by the way

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 192 replies