Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Marketplace

sams mugs both new and our maori mug

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 192 replies

I like it a lot and I'm looking forward to getting one.

Looks great! I can't wait to get one!!

K

Yeah, I agree with everyone else. The design is sweeeeeeeeet! Done in the style of the oldies.

Great Job on the mug. I sooooo love Sams Seafood. I just moved from Long Beach / belmont shore area back to Massachusetts - What a dope! Now , I need to get a set of those mugs more than ever. I wouldn't want to buy them on EBAY however. I will get back there to enjoy the renovation and reopening of Sams. The mug is calling me back! Thank you all!

I

I just spoke to the guy at Sam's. I am so happy that they are going to re-open soon. I thought that I had jinxed yet another cool place. Well be there for a mai tai on opening night!! Let's have a party... Can't wait.

I

When you post the stuff on ebay be sure to let us know your seller name so we can look it up.

Thanks

I like it. How bout a 2 tone brown on the next? :D ???

where are you exactly? can we bring the wee baby along? and are there still mugs??

well here they are side by side and your feedback is welcomed. thanks alan

Heeheehee... I am as giddy as a school girl..both mugs look absolutely beautiful and I can't wait to get my hands on them for my collection....

They both look great!

The mug collector side of me is greedy though and always wants more, more, more...

Would it be possible to have an afternoon or evening set aside when you open Sam's back up to have the artist sign the mugs...and if you can talk them into it, maybe do a limited batch of them with cold-painted details on the eyes, teeth, etc? Like Squid did with the Tikis & Terrors mugs last year. It's a pain in the butt to do the cold painting, but it would look awesome and make the mugs at the opening event even more special. I know I would pay the extra bucks for this.

scale photo...

13 oz. & 16 oz. respectively (photo shows blue, we're going with the light green)

On 2007-04-05 18:29, TravelingJones wrote:
Classy! keep it all original -antiqued brown...but maybe blackened moko and swordfish, please!

On 2007-04-06 00:07, Hiphipahula wrote:
Original yes, but it can't be just blah brown, I see a patina in that old graphic...

On 2007-04-19 20:11, Hiphipahula wrote:

On 2007-04-20 13:58, Trader Tom wrote:
The mug collector side of me is greedy though and always wants more, more, more...
...maybe do a limited batch of them with cold-painted details on the eyes, teeth, etc?
I know I would pay the extra bucks for this.

On 2007-04-05 19:13, MakeDaMug wrote:

Classy! keep it all original -antiqued brown...but maybe blackened moko and swordfish, please!
NICE repro-sculpt, mahaloz to all involved -SsweeetT!!!
Flip-flOp-fLipPp... :D

I like this direction conceptually. I'll sample one up to see how it pans out

Hhhhmmmm... Sammy Tutone - 9264-niiieeeiiine...I got your number on the wall! I wonder...? :D ** WHAT CAN BROWN DO FOR YOU? ** :D

Flip-flOp-fLipPp... :tiki:

On 2007-04-20 16:35, TravelingJones wrote:

On 2007-04-06 00:07, Hiphipahula wrote:
Original yes, but it can't be just blah brown, I see a patina in that old graphic...

On 2007-04-19 20:11, Hiphipahula wrote:

...maybe do a limited batch of them with cold-painted details on the eyes, teeth, etc?
I know I would pay the extra bucks for this.

On 2007-04-05 19:13, MakeDaMug wrote:

NICE repro-sculpt, mahaloz to all involved -SsweeetT!!!
Flip-flOp-fLipPp... :D

I like this direction conceptually. I'll sample one up to see how it pans out

Hhhhmmmm... Sammy Tutone - 9264-niiieeeiiine...I got your number on the wall! I wonder...? :D ** WHAT CAN BROWN DO FOR YOU? ** :D

Flip-flOp-fLipPp... :tiki:

:tiki: TIKITASTIC!!! :tiki:

Something old, something new, something borrowed, something_____ green? Oh well, close enough... NICE PairO'mugz -and- HUZZAH! for the rebirth of Sam's Seafood!!! :D

Flip-flOp-fLipPp...
"it's not easy being GREEN."

I love these mugs. I buy very few "new" mugs - I soo prefer vintage designs. I'd probably like the blue one more if it was green. But, that said...Can't wait to get them - refuse to get them on EBAY - I want to be at Sam's Seafood! So anxious for the opening and to hold those mugs!

[ Edited by: jpmartdog 2007-04-20 18:43 ]

I'm not crazy about the Blue or Green,or any pastel colored tiki mug for that matter. But I'll probably get it, as for the old style one,
That is THE SH*T, (thats a good thing)

Jeff(bigtikidude)

[ Edited by: bigtikidude 2007-04-20 18:42 ]

I like em both....very nice. I am not a purist and can't afford the vintage mugs ($300 +) so I buy the new ones and the pastels are my favorites...there....see....you are diverse enough to make everyone happy!!! :)

No offense, but to me the pastel mugs look like Easter mugs.

Just my 2 cents.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

being a relative newbie to the whole tiki mug she-bang, i still prefer the traditional darker colors but both of these mugs look great.

me want greenie one!

G
GROG posted on Sat, Apr 21, 2007 8:20 AM

On 2007-04-20 19:26, bigtikidude wrote:
No offense, but to me the pastel mugs look like Easter mugs.

Just my 2 cents.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

Ditto, what BTD said. GROG no like pastel mug colors. If you're going to do the pastel blue, you might well do a pastel pink for the girls.

Ooooh....the pink would be so nice for the girly girls. I know someone somewhere is building a big fire to boil me in a vat. :D

mmmm boiling vats.

D

First off, I want to say how cool the new mug design is!! I definitely will be visiting Sam's when it reopens! That mug design is an instant classic!

Second, I know this goes way back to beginning of this thread, but Sabu posted blowups of the postcard showing the gift shot for Sam's Notice in the foreground there are some killer looking volcano bowls! Any chance of recreating those too?

G
GROG posted on Mon, Apr 23, 2007 9:49 AM

On 2007-04-21 12:22, VampiressRN wrote:
Ooooh....the pink would be so nice for the girly girls. I know someone somewhere is building a big fire to boil me in a vat. :D

S
squid posted on Mon, Apr 23, 2007 8:37 PM

They both look great!

Would it be possible to have an afternoon or evening set aside when you open Sam's back up to have the artist sign the mugs...and if you can talk them into it, maybe do a limited batch of them with cold-painted details on the eyes, teeth, etc? Like Squid did with the Tikis & Terrors mugs last year. It's a pain in the butt to do the cold painting, but it would look awesome and make the mugs at the opening event even more special. I know I would pay the extra bucks for this.

I'm up for a signing. How about Gambino? Somebody bug him already. He needs to get out here and get some sunshine and Sam's Seafood!!

Squid’s right,
Sam you should come out here and sign some mugs and bring some prints,
like this one ~

You'll have a good time and then you can go home and do a book.

Please tell Squid when to pick you up at the airport.

Thanks in advance.

• Bora Boris

Will someone in Cali pick up these mugs for me when they are available and I will paypal you the $$, I would very much appreciate it.

Aaron

On 2007-04-24 07:31, The Ragin' Rarotongan wrote:
Will someone in Cali pick up these mugs for me when they are available and I will paypal you the $$, I would very much appreciate it.

Aaron

yeah - what becomes of us poor midwestern slobs that can't get out there to get a mug??...when the dust settles, and all the tiki geekies that show up have got their paws on a mug, will they still be available to purchase from long distance??

Hey Squid and Bora Boris-

I'm waiting on the date to be set and I'm out there. Holden says it'll probably be June 2 or 7. Hey Bora Boris - I'll bring a few werewolf prints.... Hey Squid - as soon as I find out the date, I'll let you know what time I'll be at the airport! :wink: ..but really, I plan on being there and finally meeting you guys!

Sounds Great!

Thanks for the update Sam.

I've already picked out a spot to hang my Werewolf print.

Mugs look great! Keeping my eye on the calendar for the re-opening! Awesome!

S

On 2007-04-24 19:51, Sam Gambino wrote:

I'm waiting on the date to be set and I'm out there. Holden says it'll probably be June 2 or 7. Hey Bora Boris - I'll bring a few werewolf prints.... Hey Squid - as soon as I find out the date, I'll let you know what time I'll be at the airport! :wink: ..but really, I plan on being there and finally meeting you guys!

YEEEEEEE-FREAKIN-HAW! The ONE-SHOT Wonder himself. And I mean that in the good one-shot way. SquidCab on the way, sir!

ok is there a list for a cold painted mug..oops! just kidding What a trouble maker! gosh.........

S
squid posted on Sat, Apr 28, 2007 1:14 PM

On 2007-04-24 13:17, Tipsy McStagger wrote:

On 2007-04-24 07:31, The Ragin' Rarotongan wrote:

Aaron

yeah - what becomes of us poor midwestern slobs that can't get out there to get a mug??...when the dust settles, and all the tiki geekies that show up have got their paws on a mug, will they still be available to purchase from long distance??

Suggestion: Maybe PM Samsback to see if he'll ship 'em out to ya. Looks like it's not a ltd edition so I'm sure there's plenty for everyone.

squid
Former midwestern slob. Still a slob though.
You can take the boy outta Kansas...

The mug is great, but the pastel colors kinda make it look like a "Big Lots" item, doncha think? The design deserves much better than that.

On 2007-04-28 14:49, AlexandriaTiki wrote:
The mug is great, but the pastel colors kinda make it look like a "Big Lots" item, doncha think? The design deserves much better than that.

Well, check out the thread on Sam's under General Tiki that mentions the possibility of it becoming "SAM'S GONE WILD" and a more "dance club" theme instead of a Polynesian Dance Revue and that should answer that about the colors!

Spring Break Parties here we come! :(

On 2007-04-26 12:11, squid wrote:

On 2007-04-24 19:51, Sam Gambino wrote:

YEEEEEEE-FREAKIN-HAW! The ONE-SHOT Wonder himself. And I mean that in the good one-shot way. SquidCab on the way, sir!

Looking forward to meeting ya, Squid!

F

What does the new mug(s) look like? (I might as well ask too, how is the food there?)

On 2007-08-06 13:25, SoccerTiki wrote:
Here are some pics of the Mug(s) and Poster for the event...
Did you know there were 2 (two) different mugs produced for Sam's???
One by Sam Gambino and one by Squid... See if you can guess who did which...

F

Thanks for the pictures of the mug, and now I see others in past posts. Not sure why I could not find the other pictures before. Definitely like the Moari mug best! The other one is okay, but not into the pastel colors. The pastel one is by Sam - no? Also - can you walk in and by a mug if you do not have time to get a drink and a meal?
Or if you want to get more than one in case one breaks on the trip home? How much is a mug? A mug with a drink? Thanks.

Sam's still has mugs for sale. A few people purchased them on Tuesday Night. Drinks aren't served in the mugs though.

Are the mugs a limited run or are they going to be a regularly available thing?

F

That is a really good question, are the mugs limited just for the opening or will they continue to have them. Any idea how much $$ they are?

This quest and question has eluded me for quite some time now.
To this day have not seen one in anyones collections nor have I seen an actual
original vintage Sam's Seafood tiki mug.Do they exist and if so when were they produced.

[ Edited by: 1961surf 2010-01-08 18:21 ]

T

TIKI FARM made em ...
I have one ,wanna trade for something?

Yeah Tikiville I was referring to a original vintage Sams tiki mug.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 192 replies