Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

Trailer Trash Chop in Lemon Grove - June 30th!! It don't cost nuthin!!

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 214 replies

B
Babalu posted on Mon, Jul 9, 2007 7:48 PM

What do you think Cammo? The first slip cast here...

C
Cammo posted on Mon, Jul 9, 2007 9:04 PM

Holy Kabolies! That looks just like the white oil-clay original. Maybe you should hack it up a bit - throw some rocks at it, let your dog play with it a while, so we can tell them apart.

I want one!

On 2007-07-09 21:04, Cammo wrote:
I want one!

Me too! Oki Doki is just the cutest mug ever.

On 2007-07-10 05:10, Tiki-Kate wrote:

On 2007-07-09 21:04, Cammo wrote:
I want one!

Me too! Oki Doki is just the cutest mug ever.

I can't WAIT to get drunk with one of those!!

Wow, so Oki ended up as a 2 piece mold, thats cool, thought it would be 3 like the Man O War. Looks bitchen! Bandanas off to you slippery guys, very nice work!
The Birdman

Wow guys, the mugs really look great. It was very fun to witness their birth.

On 2007-07-11 22:49, CheekyGirl wrote:
Wow guys, the mugs really look great. It was very fun to witness their birth.

you sure are right cheekygirl however i wish i hadn't stuck around to see the afterbirth. boy that was gross :lol:

B
Babalu posted on Mon, Aug 6, 2007 5:51 PM

Hey SD Choppers, Got a few tests out of the kiln this morning on the Chop mug...see anything you like color wise?

H

Wow, they all look great. The detail is amazing. Looks just great. I like the light blue one the best.

MN

Head Shrinker (Mrs. NoNaMe) says that "those things" in the ocean were dropped off by aliens because the aliens thought they were weird and creeped them out and just decided that "that weird planet" had nothin goin on.
I can pick mine up tomorrow.

B
Babalu posted on Mon, Aug 6, 2007 7:41 PM

Thanks Hil & NoNaMe...

They won't be ready for a while yet...just testing right now with color. I think I will do one more test firing, then I will glaze and fire all 30 freebie's at once.

T

Oh my gosh! Too many options. Love all of them. Can't decide.

They all look amazing Rick. I actually really like the last two colors, the brown and the blue. But then, the first three are fantastic also. The green and purple one is great.

What's your favorite?

I like the dark blue one. Great job on them all Babalu!
You're a mug guy now.
Buzzy Out!

C
Cammo posted on Mon, Aug 6, 2007 8:51 PM

Just saw these babies an hour ago and the purple/green one is REALLY nice. The green is a real retro soft turquoise, it looks really 1950's.

And the all-brown and all-black ones are real nice up close, you get all the detail happening.

Wow! Unbelieveable. I really love the dark blue one. 2nd runner up for me is the purple/green.

I vote for the blue AND the black/brown. Love em both!!

Babs, those are sweeet! I like the dark blue with the light blue face in it, but I'd be happy if it was any color, a Babalu original, you kidding?? BTW, thanks for all the time you've put into it bro, really look sensational!

H

On 2007-08-06 21:33, CheekyGirl wrote:
Wow! Unbelieveable. I really love the dark blue one. 2nd runner up for me is the purple/green.

x2

Great job on all of them though, Rick!!

On 2007-08-07 11:00, HB_Tiki wrote:

On 2007-08-06 21:33, CheekyGirl wrote:

x2

Great job on all of them though, Rick!!

x3 I really like the dark ones....either one......

B
Babalu posted on Tue, Aug 7, 2007 1:12 PM

Thanks Crew, but I think I need a redo on this test firing...6 more maybe. Better to have them done right..yes? The pink on the lids just ain't putting gel in my jelly. Plus they seem to work better when the lid and the body are more the same in color. It may not need so many different colors to be successful? The one you all seem to like is really black not blue. The white balance on my camera was all f**ked up when I shoot these. The problem with that one is that I was going for red on that face, rim, and logo on the back, and I fired just a little to hot to nail the red...this is the result, so that look is out. There is a reason you don't see an over abundance of red glaze mugs...it's because, getting red to fire right - 100% of the time sucks.

Buzzy, you mug hater!! Okay, bro...I'll turn yours into one of those tobacco water pipes...you know the kind that you can only smoke tobacco out of...Like Prince Albert brand tobacco...you know. Like, you can invite some bikers over to smoke tobacco with...like, you know what I mean.

M
mieko posted on Tue, Aug 7, 2007 11:33 PM

Wow! Really incredible! I do like the bottom 2 the best, I think I like the body matching the head more than the alternating colors. Great Job!

B

Hey Choppers...see my thread in the "other crafts" area.

B

Babalu those Chop Mugs are Great. Wish I was going so I could get one.
Y'all Have Fun.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 214 replies