Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Other Crafts

My work featured in Juxtapoz!

Pages: 1 2 3 4 162 replies

noe THAT is some FINE ART,my friend!
luv.
Kinny Corn-Fed
:lol:

u never cease to a MAIZE me witcho corn pone rezipees fo art.

this thread just became CORNY....
:lol:

To drown sorrow, where should one jump first and best? "Certainly not water. Water rusts you." -Frank Sinatra

[ Edited by: Sneakytiki 2009-11-16 09:09 ]

Now dats what I'm talkin about! How big is that monster?

R

On 2009-11-16 09:08, Sneakytiki wrote:

Oooo naow yew haz mah interests.

lol

rawkin sneaks!

oh thankya ravenne an Kin-enne. It is large.... It was a collab. piece. I did all of the middle wit dah skulls an Jesus an the buddha stencils, my wife painted the roses on the right,,, my friend Tom did a lil birdy an outlined swirl, Kristina did the dead doggy, Wren did the tentacled thingy/// one day painting...

Later after it got dark the colors I painted were flashing like a neon sign in 3 waves as the concert light show made the mural into a Jesus ChrisT supah STAR while the bands played psychedelic madness into the wee hours of the drug fueled, drink addled night....

To drown sorrow, where should one jump first and best? "Certainly not water. Water rusts you." -Frank Sinatra

[ Edited by: Sneakytiki 2009-11-16 09:28 ]

T
TikiG posted on Mon, Nov 16, 2009 9:33 AM

Love it!

I can see it from here...there's magic in my eyes - always!

Collabs' are fun. I have a few hung in my home and I never ever get tired gazing at them.

Amazing art shown on this thread. Thanks for posting.

thankyah TikiG!

5' x 2'. Acrylic on coffee table top. "1850-1950 Blues"

Nice composition and breakup of colors there Sneaks!
What a fun size to work on!
I see 2 tikis!
Is ther a story in here somewhere?
it's got a nice booty in it anyways....which is enough for me

Another painting on a beat up shipping pallet, this one topped with tortured plywood. Acrylic and spray paint stencil. Approx. 4' by 3'.

Glad u like the booty composition LL cool K. Thank you!

...More "fine" art. Sharpie and crayon on Strathmore paper.

[ Edited by: Sneakytiki 2009-12-06 06:32 ]

W

I dig this. It's like a party in my eyeballs.

Like Blues as well and would like to see it in person. I know from experience your work really shows its depth when viewed in real life.

Thank you very much Woofmutt!

very cool.

Thank you Kroozzn62!

[ Edited by: Sneakytiki 2009-12-14 07:58 ]

Acrylic on 18" x 24" stretched box canvas, paint still wet...

[ Edited by: Sneakytiki 2009-12-16 14:31 ]

too cool!
Great Modernist flavor
and graphic virtuosity!
Ways ta go Sneaks!
Keep em coming pallie!!

Thank you LLT!

This is a creature drawing that may look familiar.... decided to color him...

[ Edited by: Sneakytiki 2009-12-21 20:42 ]

i DO remember him!
Now he's finally ALIVE!
and killer lookin!
:)

Thanks Lil' Lost Bodhisatva!

This has been posted but I wanted to replace the crummy image with this swell one...

'Maya'2'x 2', acrylic and mixed media on box canvas. Again, just posting a good pic. of this previously posted piece.

[ Edited by: Sneakytiki 2009-12-18 12:45 ]

[ Edited by: Sneakytiki 2009-12-18 12:48 ]

Another previously shown painting, here is a better pic.

[ Edited by: Sneakytiki 2009-12-18 14:43 ]

8" x 10", acrylic on box canvas.

[ Edited by: Sneakytiki 2009-12-18 16:19 ]

'The Eclipse'

done..

[ Edited by: sneakytiki 2009-12-27 19:53 ]

he looks worried...

vey nice......
vey nice.....

:)

Thanks LLT!

Time
Thursday, November 4 � 5:00pm - 9:00pm
Location The Gallery at the Linen Building
1402 W. Grove St.
Boise, ID
Created By
Linen Building Event Center
More Info
Urban Natives, a new exhibit featuring the work of Boise artist Bryan Moore, is set to debut at The Gallery at the Linen Building, 1402 W. Grove St. in Downtown Boise�s Linen District. The opening reception will be held from 5 to 9 p.m. on First Thursday, Nov. 4. An artist dialog will be held at 5:30 p.m. Tuesday, Dec. 7. Admission to The Gallery is free. No-host bar (I.D. required) will be available on First Thursday. Refreshme...nts, including beer and wine, will be available on Dec. 7. The Gallery is open from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. weekdays.

Urban Natives is a collection of Moore�s work incorporating oil, acrylic, house paint, oil stick, spray paint and mixed media on canvas, pallets, doors and other found boards. The exhibit will run through Dec. 19.

�Bryan�s paintings weave together colorful images of tribal symbols and urban elements that work seamlessly with one another,� said The Gallery Owner David Hale. �His bold, graphic style brings together the modern, pop-surrealist influences while touching on his extensive travels and experiences. Bryan�s work will invite the mind to discover the relationship between Native American art and the fabric of our urban culture.�

ABOUT THE ARTIST:

Bryan Moore (http://www.facebook.com/bryan.a.moore) is a native of Boise. His father descends from several generations of Nevada pioneers, ranchers and buckaroos. His mother�s family has been in Idaho for six generations and was among the early pioneers of Idaho.

During the 1990s, Moore traveled extensively, visiting Australia, Hawaii, Malaysia, Singapore, Mexico, Canada, Panama, Colombia, Curacao, Cuba, Kuwait, Oman, Bahrain and much of the continental United States while in the service of the U.S. Navy.

Moore graduated with honors from Boise State in 2007 with a BFA in Illustration, a minor in Visual Arts and an emphasis in Art History.

While at Boise State, he was President of the Native American student organization (Intertribal Native Council), President of Golden Key International Honour Society and a member of Phi Kappa Phi Honor Society. He has been independently studying Native American and South Pacific arts and cultures for many years.

Moore is currently working in oil, acrylic and mixed media on both traditional canvas and found objects such as used doors, pallets and scrap plywood.

�Moore displays his �jack-of-all� media tendencies with paintings in oil and acrylic, prints and tribal jewelry. The artist himself says his work leans toward �the intuitive application of symbols to express meaning,� which often translate into critiques on society and spiritual expression.� � Boise Weekly

[ Edited by: Sneakytiki 2010-10-24 00:45 ]

The Monster's Bride

Totem I

[ Edited by: Sneakytiki 2010-10-23 23:34 ]

http://www.boiseweekly.com/boise/downtown-news-bws-first-thursday-picks/Content?oid=1863476

http://www.boiseweekly.com/boise/downtown-news-bws-first-thursday-picks/Content?oid=1814102

Well I made the "First Thursday Art Walk" "picks" 2 months in a row, the arts editor tells me that's a first in 20 years or so of business.

[ Edited by: Sneakytiki 2010-11-09 13:44 ]

Congrats on the show and the recognition Bryan!

The only thing I can predict about your art is that it will be unpredictable - and that Mickey Mouse thing is just freaky! :lol:

Mike

MDMike,
I'm glad we see the world through similar lenses!

BA
M

HJ

Totally hip eeing so much art!

Thank you for sharing and the inspiration!

Sneaks,
you're a true artist in every sense of the word....
now that really doesn't amount to a hill of beans with most folks
but your fellow artists understand and appreciate what you do!
Kudos on all the printed props!
Snootchie Bootchie!

I'm glad you dig Haole Jim and LLT!

Hugs an' tikis,

B
A
M

Here are some groovy photos of my art show opening...
http://www.facdebook.com/album.php?aid=49190&id=1678913320&l=16a8a6fe32
I was privileged to meet the talented and gracious John Mulder last night. What a treat to have him at the studio.

Mahalo,

S
T

[ Edited by: Sneakytiki 2010-11-16 02:48 ]

H

Sneakytiki, I really like your pieces. One of my favorites is Pacific Anatomy.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 162 replies