Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Marketplace

Ohana Hut Raffle winners should be getting there prizes soon!

Pages: 1 2 3 109 replies

Chongo,can you post again how to buy tickets?

C

On 2007-07-07 15:02, 4WDtiki wrote:
Chongo,can you post again how to buy tickets?

From Page one:

Ok here is the way this Ohana Hut raffle is going to work....
I will be raffling off one painted Ohana Hut and some other art and swag. (if anybody wants to donate anything to the raffle it would be totally appreciated. Sorry I cannot trade raffle tickets for donations.) I will post pics of the other items that will be raffled off as I get it figured out. Raffle tickets are $3.00 each, 4 for 10.00, 8 for twenty, etc. The hut has actually been painteed with glaze and re-fired so those added colors are not going anywhere!

You can paypal me at [email protected] or send a check made out to Randy Bain not Chongolioto this address:

Island Art & Screenprinting
c/o Chongolio
3651-f Lala Rd
Lihue, HI 96766

Once I receive your $$$ I will confirm it with an email so please include an email address if sending a check. I will contact the winner and get their shipping address after the raffle. The raffle will be held at Forbidden Island in Alameda CA on August 29th probably around 10:30 pm. Conga Mike has given me the thumbs up, However I am still waitin' to hear back from Martiki. Raffle tickets will also be available at Forbidden Island the night of the raffle, but the cut off date for mailed checks and Paypal will be August 18th. Which means in my paypal account or a check in my hand not postmarked by the 18th. Ticket request that come in after that will be returned.

The names of people who buy raffle tickets will have their name written on the individual tickets and will be double checked at Forbidden island by a second person from a master list to make sure there are no mistakes and everybody was included with the proper amount of tickets. All names will be added to a container at the same time and thoroughly mixed. A third person (to be announced) will draw the tickets.

Thanks for playin' and good luck to everyone!

Chongolio

Disclaimer; I am not trying to be a jerky, but... All raffle ticket sales are FINAL. Anybody can purchase them not just TC members. I have freinds and family who would like to get in on this too who never got a chance at getting one of the numbered editions. The painted Hut being raffled is one of the artists proofs not one of the numbered editions. I will keep all personal info private as well as how many tickets were sold. I am honestly trying to give everybody a chance to win this Ohana Hut, make this as fair and fun as possible while trying to generate some cash to help offset the debt incurred from my move to Hawaii. So please don't do or say anything to make me regret not simply putting it on Ebay. No offence, but If you don't like the way I am handling this raffle then don't buy tickets and don't read this thread. Also, I don't have the time to answer personal emails regarding your thoughts about how I should of done this or why you think my idea sucks. If you write me a stinky email I am not going to reply. If you have a legit question or suggestion post it on this thread and myself or somebody else will give you an answer.

T

My head is spinning from all the cool stuff! Can't wait for the raffle! Is it gonna be televised live on Chongovision or pay-per-view?

R

WOW! I've been following this thread for a few days...and I am absolutely impressed by all the awesome donations to the raffle! So freakin' awesome to see everyone band together like that. I got paid the other day so I'm buying a raffle ticket right now! Wee! :D

C

These two tasty little nuggets have been added to the raffle by the Jungle Madman ** Freddie "BALLZ" Ballsomic**

And I just got word that my good buddy and wave sliddin' braddahJungle Trader has da kine up his sleeve too!

WOWZERS to da MAX!

Mahalo!
Chongolio

Holy Schmolie!
THORS and Freddy Ballz in da house too?
Rad!
Ohana's strong here!
Buy your tix TODAY!

Buy your tickets TODAY!
Just PM Chongolio and say
"Aloha! I wanna buy 30 tickets and the
chance to win some GOODIES!"

Oh yes there is more freinds.. so much more. Please be patient as I get my P**P together! It's been a very busy week and time has been streched thin. When I catch my breathe I will fill y'all in.

Da Chong

UH-OH Chongooooo! I am back with more good news! Another magnanimous geture is being unveiled. More has been added to the colossal gallery of fabulous prizes by the likes of Brad "Tiki Shark" Parker and Cheeky Half at Velvet Glass. Here is what are two beautiful works of art you could win for less than a gallon of gas! Cast your eyes below.

A giclee mystic tiki #9/ the Sunken Tiki created by Brad "Tiki Shark" Parker. This kinda magic usually sells for $100.00 and worth every penny.

Pee Ku Boo Print 10.25" x 13.25" another bit ticket item that might be yours for a few clams. Also thrown into the treasure chest from Maggie and Mark at Velvet Glass.com is set of their mighty fine greeting cards.

So details of the how you can get your hands on a raffle ticket can be found on the first page on my fourth post or above about seven posts.

I was asked if this is going to one big jackpot win or a will each item be raffled off separately. The answer is they will be raffled off as individual items with the execption of the Ohana Hut and the shelf. If you have any other questions please ask.

I will be getting around to talkin' with the good folks at Forbidden Island to dial in the evening of the raffles protocol. So stay tuned for more announcements and fun.

Lost-Isle
Coconut Wired Podcast
Barefoot bloggin'

[ Edited by: Chongolio 2007-07-21 20:09 ]

[ Edited by: chongolio 2007-07-21 22:35 ]

On 2007-07-21 13:30, Chongolio wrote:
I was asked if this is going to one big jackpot win or a will each item be raffled off separately.

Oh Shit.

FUDGE-A-MUDGE!
You'd have to be stupider than GROG not to buy a ticket!!!
CHONGO RAFFLE POWER in FULL EFFECT!!!!
missed ya last Saturday,man!!!!

Wow... Randy, this is sure an indication of how much you are admired and loved around here. Of course I am going to buy some raffle tickets to support your great move (congratulations and good luck!)...but I'd like to also donate a prize of either a set of car magnetics or a 3ft x6ft banner (value of 125.00).

...my only question is...When is the sleep-over!?!?!

S

Okay, so I tried to see if this is answered anywhere but I didn't see it... apologies if it has been and I missed it. My question is, do you have to be present at Forbidden Island to win? I want to support ya Randy, (and honestly I'll buy a ticket anyway) but I can't be present at the drawing because I will have moved to Texas. So, can I still win?

Suzanne
P.S. Randy, I'm so sorry that I won't see you when you are in CA!

The Diva Pinup Exquisite Hair Flower Accessories - http://www.thedivapinup.com

[ Edited by: suzanne 2007-07-29 13:37 ]

On 2007-07-29 13:34, suzanne wrote:
My question is, do you have to be present at Forbidden Island to win? I want to support ya Randy, (and honestly I'll buy a ticket anyway) but I can't be present at the drawing because I will have moved to Texas. So, can I still win?

Good Question Suzanne, I am sorry to hear you won't be able to make it over for a few laughs and a clinking of the mugs. To answer your question, No you do not have to be present to win. In fact, most everything that is raffled off will be shipped out to the winners after the raffle. Once the winners are determined the prizes will be shipped to the winners with the possible execption of the Ohana Hut and shelf which will be at Forbidden Island the night of the raffle. If the winner is not present I will be shipping them out the next day before I get back on a plane and head home to Hawaii. Most of the prizes are still going to be in the hands of the donators. Who will ship them to the winners. I will be reinbursing the donators for the shipping and handling. This is to keep it simple and so I dont have to transport the goodies back and forth from Hawaii or have too double ship all the sparklin' booty.

Speaking of Booty, I just got word over the weekend of more donations from a couple more well known and ultra talented TC Artists. Trust me you are gonna have to pick your jaws up off the floor when I get around to postin' the latest additions to the raffle later this week. So stay tuned, you will be glad you did!

Chongo all over and out like

Lost-Isle
Coconut Wired Podcast
Barefoot bloggin'

leo durocher was wrong, nice guys don't finish last. go chongo!

S

Yay. Awesome. I'm sorry I can't be there, I'll be starting classes the next day! Off to buy my raffle tickets!

--Suzanne

el bumpo

I piddy da fo dat dont buy no tickets

[ Edited by: Daves Not Home 2007-08-04 10:14 ]

I posted this under my own art, but I see that Chongolio has not yet officially added it to the raffle. SO Here is my contribution.

This is a original watercolor and ink. 9" x 12". will come matted and framed.
Dawn

H
harro posted on Tue, Aug 7, 2007 7:02 PM

I know not to disobey the "T" so I have gone and bought tickets...

I don't know you personally Chongolio, nor the reasons behind the need for the raffle, but I certainly know that the TC ohana have dug in deep to help you out by donating such great art, so it must be a great cause and I am happy to help (not to mention having a chance at winning such great booty!). Problem is I'm an Australian living in Argentina at the moment so I have no idea if I can get the prizes if I should win, but I never win these things anyway....

cheers,
harro.

Alooooha,
First and foremost, big mahalo to Dawntiki for the beautiful original artwork donation. What a score for a lucky ticket holder!

And to Harro, It don't matter where you live. If you win your prize will get to you where ever you stay.

Well, we are down to the last week to buy raffle tickets by mail or through Paypal. So if you been thinking about pickin' up some tickies ya best get on it this week or show up at Forbidden Island on the 29th of August where I will have tickest for sale the night of the raffle. Here are a few more tiki goodies you can have a chance to win for a mere $3.00. Take a look at these beautz that have been graciously donated to the Chongolian cause:

Iuka Grog, the mysterious Mauna Loa and the rest of the Mai Kai Gents have donated their debut CD "The Wiki Wiki Grog Shop" as well as swell Mai Kai Gents t-shirt. Tropical tunes for some lucky ears and nifty shirt for a fortunate torso.

Thats right folks, You can win the classic Tikis playing poker print by Slacks Ferret.

BABLAM! and look what Jungle Trader from Tiki Jungle has whupped up. He has hand painted one of his Pika Kewalaka mugs that he created for Minnie's Restaurant in Modesto CA.

Yup...everybodies favorite surf ridin', tiki carvin, mug makin' beachcomber Tiki Tony has generously added these nuggets; a handmade Skull Mug and one of the Mod Volcano mugs.

Clysdalle the paint slingin' tiki choppin' bad motor scooter has magnanimously passed two of his white skull tikis into the mix.

Now I don't have pics of these next items but that does not make them any less sweeter...

Good ol moondog426 the sign making manica has kicked down set of car magnetics or a 6ft banner (winners choice)

and last but in now way least...
The creative giant Notch has added one of his numbered severed head mugs and a numbered Roberto Loco mugs.

So there you have it! Is this crazy or what! So don't delay time is slippin' by and next Saturday will be here in no time. I am really looking forward to seeing some of you at F.I. the night of the raffle. There is also a slight chance of me poppin' in on Thursday the 23rd after I fly in for a couple drink before I head over to Santa Cruz. If anybody wants to meet up send me a P.M. and i will keep you posted on my plans.

Aloha,
Chongolio

Lost-Isle
Coconut Wired Podcast
Barefoot bloggin'

[ Edited by: Chongolio 2007-08-11 19:20 ]

DANG!
That's a lotta Stuff! The odds of winning Something are pretty good!
Chongo,you ROCK! Buy your raffle tix today children!

I couldn't take it any longer... paypal sent! Wish I could make it to the event, I'm sure it'll be a great night. Good luck!!

-adrian

:o HOLY Freakin' CoCoNutz Chongolio!!! :o

All the best for your Raffleoooza 07' brah, :D ALoooHA! :D

I'm not sure these are in the same league as some of the great stuff you got in this raffle but we're throwin' this pair in anyway! Somebody might dig owning 'em?!! This prize is for the first two limited edition copies of POCKETIKI Magazine - #45/50 of the first issue and #34/50 of the second, which includes the killer HULAPUNK cd! Two POCKETIKIs for the price of one raffle ticket, that's not too shabby, is it?!!

We can mail 'em out to the winner, that'll save taking the postage outta the slush fund. We might be broke, but we ain't tight! GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!!!

All the Best from Tiki Towers - Trader Jim (Make mine a Mai-Tai & winning ticket!).

Forgot to say... Jungle Trader's hand painted Pika Kewalaka mug is absolutely awesome! Now that IS a great prize!!!! Fingers crossed!

Goodnight folks! - Trader Jim (Make mine a Horlicks!).

Most excellent! Thanks for another kick ass donation Pocket Tiki. Your mags make a great prizes for a lucky ticket holder. Mahalo, Mahalo, Mahalo!

Also Notch zapped over a pic of his two prized nuggets that he has served up and all have a chance to win.

so with just a few days left to get tickets i have this to say...if you are doddling ya best stop. Now is the time to motivate!

See you at Forrbidden Island!

Chongolio

T

so with just a few days left to get tickets i have this to say...if you are doddling ya best stop. Now is the time to motivate!

Are you still doing "day of" ticket sales at FI?

On 2007-08-15 16:58, TofuJoe wrote:

Are you still doing "day of" ticket sales at FI?

Thata a big YUP! You can also get them the night of the raffle on the August 29th.

Ok some dough otw Good Luck everyone!

Thanks Kelly You are in! I will send you a confirmation email over the weekend along with any others last minute ticket buyers. If you bought tickets and have not got an email from me to confirm. PLEASE CONTACT ME A.S.A.P!

So this is the last day to get in on this legendary raffle and win some really cool art and stuff from some nicest folks you will find sippin' magical cocktails here at T.C.

Good luck and thanks to all who joined in to help a lil monkey brother out.

Eek-eek!
Chongolio

LAST DAY for A CHANCE TO WIN all those WUNNERFUL PRIZES!
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
GOOD LUCK FOLKS!

J

Tonight is your last chance to get tickets and only in person at Forbidden Island! The raffle is tonight! Chongolio is in town and ready to give away a lot of really cool stuff!!! Get there early ... I'm not sure what time he's planning to start drawing tickets.

J

... and why buy a plain old regularly glazed hut on eBay, when you have a chance to get a super zazz one-of-a-kind hand glazed hut from the artist himself!?!

Well it looks like TC is up long enough for me to get this posted. Everybody who sent money via paypal and checks are all accounted for and your tickets have been double checked are in the tiki head waiting to be pulled. I will have tickets tonight at FI and will be starting the raffle around 7:30 on the patio.

I know I have said it a bilolion times already but thanks again to everybody who donated awesome goodies and bought tickets. You have all really left me blown away by your friendship. I will contact the winners who are not present tonight on Thursday via email to let you know what you won. Please be patient while we get your stuff shipped out. I need to get back to the islands and let the donators know where to send the treasures.

Hope to see a bunch of you in a few hours. Good luck to everybody!
Aloha,
Chongolio

MAKE SURE to Take Pictures!
Good Luck Kiddies!
Let's see who wins what!!!!
:D :D :D :D

J

I believe I am the designated photographer this evening. Camera has fresh batteries and lots of space on the card, so we're ready to go! :D

It's probably good that the batteries died after taking only one picture during Chongo's visit to FI on Sunday. I don't think we need photographic evidence of that night's events! :o

See you all tonight!!! Don't start the raffle without me.......

Aloha Randy!
Myke

I WANT TO WIN. :D Good Luck Everyone & Have Fun!! Send me a mug too! :lol:

Only hours to go before the Raffle!
Now if i can only get this dang-blasted teleporter to work....

:D Best of luck raffle revelers...every contributer is a winner! GO CHONGO GO!!! :D

:D :D

Glad to help, hope to win!

-adrian

why not on live stream?

we need to see da action!

C'mon computer peeps!!!

And the winners are..................

I won a Happy Chi pendant necklace!! It's one from Swamp Fire - The MaiKai, I think.

C

I'm waiting for my email notification that I've won!

Anybody????

well............. :D :D :D

the suspense builds...

T

This feels like the Lotto where no one wants to step up and admit they won. Friends would be knocking down their door for a piece of the pie. :)

Pages: 1 2 3 109 replies