Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Marketplace

Ohana Hut Raffle winners should be getting there prizes soon!

Pages: 1 2 3 109 replies

Yes you read right. Good ol Stuckie, beign the all around good dude he be, got in touch with me before I split for Hawaii and offered me the chance to hang out at his studio and paint one of my unnumbered artist proof Ohana Huts. Well I spent a few days lampin' with Senor Stuckz, paintin', chirpin and firing up the kiln. Not to mention watchin' some weird old monster films, playing bizarre Japanese video games and listening to some of Stuckies musical endeavors. Yes, he is a talented musician too. Anywho, I need to scrounge up some extra cha-ching-a-ling to help offset the expense of me moving over to Kauai. So here is what I am gonna do...

I am thinking about raffling it off so everybody has a fair chance of winnin'. My thoughts are this. Iwill sell raffle tickets for $2.00 or $3.00 dollars. tickets will be unlimited and anybody can buy them. (None of my family was able to get a hut either and I want to give them a chance too.) I will hold a raffle at a public location when I am on the mainland in August and the winning ticket will be pulled by somebody other than my self so there are no accusations of trickery or favoritism. I do need help figuring out how to pull this off without making to much work for myself and keeping it fair. I am open to suggestions and will be getting CHONGOVISION fired up along with my IM app and will be around for a few hours to chat it up with anybody with suggestions or questions about the raffle or how things are going here in the South Seas. If Chongovision is acting up I will just be on my IM too. You can add me to your freinds list on the following IM services:

yahoo- Chongolio
gmail chat- [email protected]
ichat- chongolio

I will be online this Sat June 23 between 11:00 till ? Hawaii is three hours behind the west coast so that is 2:00 pm. The rest of you will have to figure out the time for your area. If there is any problems or tech trouble I will have to reschedule. If you dont want to tune into Chongovision or do the IM thing feel free to post on this thread or send me an email. Do not take it personally if I don't use your idea or don't reply. The fact is I am really really busy trying to get my studio and artwork put back together and need to keep this as painless as possible for everyone who is interested. So pee-babies need not apply or post.

So here are the pics of the Ohana Hut that will be finding a new home:

Look forward to catching up with some of you on Sat.

ALOHA,
Chongolio

Lost-Isle
Coconut Wired Podcast
Barefoot bloggin'

[ Edited by: Chongolio 2007-09-17 21:07 ]

Wheeeeeeeeeeeee! I'm so excited!!

Chongo's going to be back in August!!

I think this is a really fun idea. Cool stuff, Chongolio! And LOVE that hut!

J

Chongovision is LIVE right now! Where is everybody?!

Yeah come on over and chat We have had a few guests come in and hang out. Jentiki, Kingstyedye, Paipo and a few lurkers. Dont be scared it's fun!

CHONGOVISION

OK then... first off thanks to Dogbytes, Jentiki, Pdrake, Kingstyedye, Notch, Moki and Onatiki, Tiki-Kate, and the mysterious guest404 (sorry if i missed anyone) for all takin' the time to stop by to chat and watch me goof off in CHONGOVISION. I really had a blast chattin' with you guys and havin' quite a few laughs. Also thanks to Midnite and Jentiki for offerin' to help a brother out.

I think I have a game plan for the Ohana Hut raffle and will be layin' down the dealio some time this week. So stay posted for details on how you can get in on the action.

Aloha!
Chongz

Ok here is the way this Ohana Hut raffle is going to work....
I will be raffling off one painted Ohana Hut and some other art and swag. (if anybody wants to donate anything to the raffle it would be totally appreciated. Sorry I cannot trade raffle tickets for donations.) I will post pics of the other items that will be raffled off as I get it figured out. Raffle tickets are $3.00 each, 4 for 10.00, 8 for twenty, etc. The hut has actually been painteed with glaze and re-fired so those added colors are not going anywhere!

You can paypal me at [email protected] or send a check made out to Randy Bain not Chongolioto this address:

Island Art & Screenprinting
c/o Chongolio
3651-f Lala Rd
Lihue, HI 96766

Once I receive your $$$ I will confirm it with an email so please include an email address if sending a check. I will contact the winner and get their shipping address after the raffle. The raffle will be held at Forbidden Island in Alameda CA on August 29th probably around 10:30 pm. Conga Mike has given me the thumbs up, However I am still waitin' to hear back from Martiki. Raffle tickets will also be available at Forbidden Island the night of the raffle, but the cut off date for mailed checks and Paypal will be August 18th. Which means in my paypal account or a check in my hand not postmarked by the 18th. Ticket request that come in after that will be returned.

The names of people who buy raffle tickets will have their name written on the individual tickets and will be double checked at Forbidden island by a second person from a master list to make sure there are no mistakes and everybody was included with the proper amount of tickets. All names will be added to a container at the same time and thoroughly mixed. A third person (to be announced) will draw the tickets.

Thanks for playin' and good luck to everyone!

Chongolio

Disclaimer; I am not trying to be a jerky, but... All raffle ticket sales are FINAL. Anybody can purchase them not just TC members. I have freinds and family who would like to get in on this too who never got a chance at getting one of the numbered editions. The painted Hut being raffled is one of the artists proofs not one of the numbered editions. I will keep all personal info private as well as how many tickets were sold. I am honestly trying to give everybody a chance to win this Ohana Hut, make this as fair and fun as possible while trying to generate some cash to help offset the debt incurred from my move to Hawaii. So please don't do or say anything to make me regret not simply putting it on Ebay. No offence, but If you don't like the way I am handling this raffle then don't buy tickets and don't read this thread. Also, I don't have the time to answer personal emails regarding your thoughts about how I should of done this or why you think my idea sucks. If you write me a stinky email I am not going to reply. If you have a legit question or suggestion post it on this thread and myself or somebody else will give you an answer.

Lost-Isle
Coconut Wired Podcast
Barefoot bloggin'

[ Edited by: chongolio 2007-06-28 23:00 ]

D

sounds like a fair and fun way to give us all a chance to own a hut. thanks for letting us in on the chance. good luck to all!

Count me in. Your process is easy to understand and very fair indeed. I just sent you $20 for 8 tickets. May the best ticket win!!! :)

email [email protected] (Marlene)

So please don't do or say anything to make me regret not simply putting it on Ebay. No offence, but If you don't like the way I am handling this raffle then don't buy tickets and don't read this thread. Also, I don't have the time to answer personal emails regarding your thoughts about how I should of done this or why you think my idea sucks. If you write me a stinky email I am not going to reply. If you have a legit question or suggestion post it on this thread and myself or somebody else will give you an answer.

Cheers!

Hurry up and sell the thing so I can put up mine.

Arrrrrrrrrrr!!!

T

wow, I bet when the raffle in done and over, that mug will have generated over 10x the money of an original hut's sale price. Or even more. What an amazing amount of money to think about.

On 2007-06-29 06:18, teaKEY wrote:
wow, I bet when the raffle in done and over, that mug will have generated over 10x the money of an original hut's sale price. Or even more. What an amazing amount of money to think about.

I'll be the first to say, he deserves every penny of it. This is going to work well for you Randy. It's about time. Nothin' but the best to you.

T

Yeah with $1000.00 bucks you could retire!

Chongo-

Didn't want that previous post to sound bad.

Just messin a-round... (like a ball)

I'm gonna make something today and donate it to your raffle.

Maybe a shelf that can house the hut!?

P

Yeah with $1000.00 bucks you could retire!

or at least move out of your parent's basement.

[ Edited by: pdrake 2007-06-29 10:21 ]

(quote)
On 2007-06-29 08:34, pdrake wrote:
or at least move out of your parent's basement.

(quote)

Huh!? (quote)

My parents basement was saltwater man! (quote)

A little sand then water. (quote)

Arrr!!! (quote)

(quote)
(quote)
(quote.......lol!!! quote!

P

heh, fixed.

Happy Aloha Friday!
Well were off to a great start folks! Thanks so much to everybody who jumped in with both feet and picked up raffle tickets. A few new surprises have been added and we are only into day two.

Dibroc- Thanks for chiming in and the support. That is what I really want to do more than anything else is give everybody a fair chance at getting a hut.

VampiressRN- Thank you and good luck. I hope we get a chance to meet up and chat at FI when I hit the mainland in August

Booman- You ROCK! I don't ever take your posts negatively. I am fully aware of that beautiful sardonic wit of yours :P. That is really really cool of you to offer up a Bamboo Ben creation and make this raffle even more of a jackpot for the winning ticket. I got your comment over on CHONGOVISION I am going to be broadcasting again sometime on Sunday afternoon or early evening. Hope you can join in and not crash your 'puter.

Mrs Boo- Nice to get an email from you too! Thanks for the kind words.

teaKEY- One can only hope for lots of tickets to sell, but as I said really wanted everybody to have a chance to win.

Jungle Trader- Thanks for the kind words! You're a good man. BTW get a hold of me, all my computers are humming again and I can get that work done for you that we talked about before I split. Hope all is going well with you and the Fam.

tikiskip- Not quite retire nowadays, especially in Hawaii, a $1000 clams will get me a tank of gas and some pupus to grind at the beach.

pdrake- You crazy joker! Thanks for the stinky email. You so funny...not ha ha funny the other kind :D

So once again Mahalo Nui Loa for the response and support. And if your around this Sunday tune into CHONGOVISION for more mindless fun and pointless jocularity with a possilble surprise guest Bamboo Ben if he can get out of his shop anbd keep his hoopty computer runnin'. I will post an exact time on Sat.

Aloha,
Chongz

Alright, I bought my 4 tickets with more to be purchased at Forbidden Island the night of the raffle. I'm only going to buy more to contribute to the fund because I know that I have already bought THE winning ticket. Thanks for giving us all a chance to get one of your masterpieces.

On 2007-06-29 14:10, Chongolio wrote:
Were off to great start folks! New surprises added and no sign of Little Lost Tiki and his bottomless bag of shenanigans. Check out it out!

Never say never!

We might just be doing a Co-Op piece for your auction!

( I'm sure this will turn into a "classic topic" before you know it!

M

Randy, as far as I'm concerned, it's a go whenever you want it to be a go!

Ok gonna pick up some tickets forshizzie-lo from Chongolio. I got my hut so if I should win (wow) I would keep the painted AP and trade the standard for a Shecky or somethin cool... Thanks for the chance Randy & Stuckie
:0)~ btw Randy did Stuckie kick your ass at the Japanese video games? Surfs Up..

CA

this raffle rocks!!

my Tiki #100 raffle went to one of my band members!! and! i had a double blind puller... i had a random person pull a ticket to determine the winning ticket puller for the crowd. I had family in my raffle too, so good luck with that.........

Passed off 2 items to Mr. Ruzk this afternoon.

He's gonna do his thang to them

and then they will be going to FI when I go back end of this month.

Martin, can you store 2 small thangs for our bruddah Chongo?

Ruzk will be postig some teaser pics soon.

You'll All want to get raffle tics asap!

Teaser pix soon! :)
ditto!

On 2007-06-30 19:36, little lost tiki wrote:
Teaser pix soon! :)
ditto!

lol!!

Arrrrr!!!

Here they are!
Teaser Pix!
His Majesty, King BambooBen has created this remarkable shelf for
Chongolio's Hand Painted Ohana Hut masterpiece...
here are some pix with a tropical setting...

and here's a side angle view....

The hut fits a family of four comfortably and.....
just kiddin! It fits Randy's Hut inside perfectly!
Guaranteed to protect your Ohana Hut during a
Worldwide Nuclear Attack!
Ben asked to work some painterly magic on the sides and maybe inside a bit.
but it's just so derned beautiful! Anyways, i sketched out some ideas,which I
may or may not use....

What an honor to be able to work with both Randy and Ben to create something real cool!
Oh! if I have any time, Ben made this for me to paint for the raffle as well...

But your raffle tickets now! Hook bruthah Chongo up! :smile

That is so cool of you boys, now I will buy twice the tickets! I'd like to have the all weather hut protector thingy for my hut anyway. That's a great way to display & protect my hut from all the hurricanes I endeavor in my backyard daily :)

C

Now THAT is one of the coolest things EVER!!!! Ben and LLT have gone way beyond the call of duty and friendship with this collaboration. Who ever gets there raffle ticket pulled is going to be one lucky puppy. I can't tell you how much I appreciate the groovy vibes y'all be throwing out. I owe you.. I owe you BIG.

BTW, CHONGOVISION is go! However, The Ustream server appears to be workin' overtime today so there has been a few technical difficulties but keep trying.

J

Wow! The hut for the Hut is so cool! Can't wait to see it painted! Wouldn't it be neat if nobody had to pay shipping on that puppy! Oh yeah, if I win, I can just take it home with me that night! YAY! I'm off to buy more tickets!

No Worries Chongo!

(almost) anything to help a bro out.

Wanted to make an Ohana Hut Bar but time ran out.

Hope it helps out a bit.

And, when we get over to Kauai, you got to show us a few of the outs and not the ins!

Kan't wait to see what Krazy Kenny does to them now!

I'm sure they'll be off the hook!!!

Buy your Raffle Tickets Now!
Before it's too Late!

Bump!

Any

Others

Donating

Anything???

C

Fret not Ben... I just got word about another donation from not one but two other amazing artists and folks I am proud to call friends. Keep yer peeper on this thread and more will be revealed soon!

Also, thanks again to everybody who shared in the drunken monkey fun last Sunday in CHONGOVISION. I had a great time drinkin' beer in honor of Ben and LLT, BBQin' Sausages and cooling off in the Aloha Shower (off camera of course.) Special props going out to Notch, Tekoteko and Helz for stayin' around to the wee hours! Too much comedy left my head a little crispy this mornin'

Lost-Isle
Coconut Wired Podcast
Barefoot bloggin'

C

Your not going to believe what Mr and Mrs Swampfire have thrown into the raffle pot! Check these beauties out:

Limited edition print by Doug "Swampfire" Horne
"Marquesan Hat" #26 of 200
Matted size 16"X20", textured straw mat
Value $75

Resin necklace made by Stacey
Size of resin piece is 1.25"X7/8"
Artwork by Doug Horne
On adjustable leather cord
Value $30

Boy did that just make the pot even juicier and one of these awesome items can possibly be yours for the small price of $3.00! Once again I have to thank all of the Ohana for their support with donations and purchases of the raffle tickest. I am totally blown away by the generosity and friendship you have given me. I almost feel like I should have a terminal illness or something rather than a large hole in my wallet. So to help curb my pangs of guilt I am going to sweeten the deal a little more and throw in this Chongolian original; The Tiki Turtlele a handpainted, green bauble embelished ukulele

I can't say in enough times MAHALO MAHALO MAHALO! to everyone who bought tickets and donated there fantastic creations to help me out.

Chongolio

Lost-Isle
Coconut Wired Podcast
Barefoot bloggin'

The deal just got EVEN MORE SUPERSWEET!
Squid sent me a picture of this gem he found....
He is donating it to the Raffle! It contains a FULL-ON Moai come to life story (someome posted
the pages somewhere here on TC i think!) I think it's one of them Marvel Comic 70's Horror comics that reprinted 4-5 misc stories culled from their archives...The cover looks contemporary with the art of that period-but not of the stories inside(Jack Kirby cover...maybe Romita doing the inking????
My favorite kirby inkers are Joe Sinnot and Vince Colleta!)
The story is illustrated by Kirby
and is a reprint from ...?
Good to Fine Condition on the inside....
Cover's a little thrashed...

Is it gonna be signed by Squid?

[ Edited by: little lost tiki 2007-07-03 20:05 ]

Wow.....how kind of all the contributers....awesome goodies. :tiki:

I'm in...money has been sent.

This is sweeeeeeeet!

PTD

So Much Rad Stuff!
Doug Horne treasures/a Chongolio ukulele/a Moai comic Book
(illustrated by jack kirby no less!)
Buy your tickets now!
well, The Ohana Hut Levitating Mug Shelf is complete!
Here's some fancy shots with a tropical-ish backdrop...
FRONT

LEFT SIDE

BACK

RIGHT SIDE

BOTTOM

Awaiting our Signatures...Ladies and Gents,this Artist Proof
Ohana Hut and the custom shelf alone are worth an
estimated 25-30 grand...but with signatures? WHOA!
That would bump it up to 2.5 mil at least! All because
it was signed by some TikiTards! :lol:
Buy your tickets now! I have a feeling there will be more
wonderful prizes in store! Everyone's a Weiner!

M

Moley Holey!

Some great stuff comin' on down the pike-

Ohana,

If you're not a Wednesday night (ir)regular at Forbidden Island and are planning to head up/down/over for this event, please post to this thread- I need to know if I should staff up a little more for y'all.

Mahalo!

R

Wow, this raffle just keeps getting better and better!
Ben/Ken - really cool Hut, you guys make a great team. I'd love to see some bigger tiki shelves from you two.
Randy - Hope you're doing well. Lynn and I will be making our ticket purchases shortly. Keep up the great work!
Mahalo!

Just in....

Ernie aka Grog

did a lil' doodle

on the inside

today.

Hmmmmmmm......

I wonder how many other TC artists

will get their hands on it

in the next few weeks????

The POT gets sweeter and sweeter!!!

M

While we all patiently await the release of the Intergalactic Island Hopper in it's gunmetal grey glaze (I've been told by my guy about 2-3 more weeks... tricky glaze), I'd like to pony up this 1 of 1 Aquamarine version for the Chongo auction...

One of the legs got snapped off but we bonded it back on & it's barely visible to the human eye.

This is the only aquamarine version of this decanter that will ever be produced.

C

hi,I just seen this, great prizes! Is still on? when is going to be? Best wishes Chongolio I hope you are fine!

Tiki Candle Maker

[ Edited by: Clarita 2007-07-07 12:25 ]

M

Aloha,

Well, we gots to help out our local kine, so this is what we are throwing into the raffle:

As an added bonus, each of these 7 mini prints will be personal signed by Thor himself!!!
These are a $140 value, and then with Thor's signature... priceless!!

So, buy choke tickets, brah!!!

http://www.thorstor.com

[ Edited by: Mo-Eye 2007-07-07 12:49 ]

C

Well I just buy some ruffle tickets, if I win I don't know how I will get the prizes but I'll still be the happiest person on earth!!! :D

C

Holy Shiznit! This is out of control!!! I am almost beyond words here folks. I am going to busy all day today getting back to the people who have bought raffle tickets and donated items to what has become an amazing gesture of friendship by so many. Let me run this by you all again. For a measly $3.00 clams you have the chance to win:

A one of a kind hand painted by Chongolio Ohana Hut made possible by the endless generosity of Stuckie at Munktiki with a custom bamboo shelf built by none other than Bamboo Ben which has given an eyeball scorchin' paint job by Ken "Little Lost Tiki" Ruzic. With embellishments added by everybody's favorite neandrathal and yellow people animator GROG.

A limited edition print of the "Marquesan Hat" by the towerin powerhouse of creativity Doug "Swampfire" Horne

A resin necklace made by his Lovely wife and talented partner in creative endeavors Stacey

A crazy lookin' painted Ukulele by me Chongolio

A super sweet comic book illustrated by Jack Kirby featuring Moai that come to life donated by the talented tentacles of Squid

A one of a kind Aquamarine rocketship decanter from Make Da Mug the genius and hardworkin' force behind Tiki Farm

or one of the seven signed mini prints by none other than the aloha oozin' and talent overflowin' man they call Thor.

Now if that wasn't enough to get your peepers poppin' there is more!!

The paint slingin', brush smokin', bad motor scooter known as Sam Gambino has kicked down an original signed Shrunken Clown Ink Wash (picture will be posted soon) and this signed print:

Also donated by the the multi talented creative madman Notch are a couple of his much coveted tiki mugs. (pics added soon)

All this and more to be raffled off, thanks to Conga Mike and Martiki, in one exciting night at one of the known univerese's finest Tiki bars Forbidden Island

So what you think!!!! Coconuts or what. Not sure what I did to receive so much Aloha from you all but I am completely flattered and greatful to have such genereous and thoughful friends and to be a part of such a unique group of folks.

[ Edited by: chongolio 2007-07-21 12:37 ]

Pages: 1 2 3 109 replies