Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Carving

BenZart...MaoriChief, Glass pendant Update Today

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 1,583 replies

B
Babalu posted on Mon, Oct 8, 2007 9:44 PM

Yeah Ben, You start feeling better man! We need our Ben fix! Drink plenty of that Florida orange juice...rest...don't jump back into the studio until you feel better, you'll just make it worse if you do. Check in when you can...I got you in the magic circle my friend.

PS, Your war club looks KILLER sitting Blackfish's coffee table...that furniture is to die for. It looks like it was made to go in that space

Schooled by the finest.....Capt. K and Master G

[ Edited by: Babalu 2007-10-09 07:38 ]

G
GMAN posted on Thu, Oct 11, 2007 11:59 AM

Yo Benzo Howwzitt? Lay the goodies on us brother.....

H

I hope you're feeling better, I'm really jonesing for a BenZart fix!

B

Hey Ben,

I hope you'll get better very soon. I really miss your fantastic work. Take some rest and come back with your natural happiness that put a smile on every mouth.

Ben

Benz, it's a bummer you're not felling well! Get better soon! We all miss you on here.

Craig

I think my eyes are going crazy after looking at those photos of the swirly club on top of all that wood furniture! :o

S

We need your TC stoke back soon.

B

Hey guys, Thanks Really for all the kind words and encouragement. I'm OK Really maybe, or should be in a few daze or couple weeks or so. Doc's are doing all kinds of abdominal tests and they are just slooowww so I'm just taking it easy while they are goofing around. I'll let you know something when I know something, but I'm sure it will not be earth shattering and will be something "they can't fix" but I can live with, just the way my luck goez.
Sorry I can't stay longer, Later!

C

love you Benz!! Take care please!

B

Thanks Clarita and Everyone else for the well wishes and kind words. Today I finally felt up to a bit of carving and finished the other "Flat Earth Trading" pendant in Walnut.

Also I shot pix of a slit drum I had started the last day I was able to carve. The sun/heat Really got to me that day. The wood is Podocarpus falcatus from the Family Podocarpaceae , I think similar to the Podocarpus Totara trees in NZ which were greatly favoured for carving. The wood is Very Hard and the drum has a great tone already, Although it has some nasty cracks so I'm not sure if it will be completable.

J

Yeah, Ben is back. It is nice to see your art again. I hope you can make the drum work out, it will be fun to watch.

T

I can't wait to see this drum done. the wood looks good already.

I hope the wood is stable, 'cause I sure want to see what this is going to look like!

Ben, I'm going to call you tomorrow after work.

B

Ben's back: yippee.
That's why I'm happy.
Even if the weather's not sunny,
Today is a smily one for me.

R
Robin posted on Tue, Oct 16, 2007 7:28 AM

Good to see you back Ben and feeling better. I can hear that drum from here! Nice work on those Pendants too.

Aloha Ben and I hope your feeling better my friend.Your club is incredable.Who ever recieved that is one lucky person.Thanks for sharing, Aloha your friend , Mooney

T

Hey Ben - I hope you are feeling better today, and tomorrow, and every day after that. If the dox say they cant fix it, find another doc! Good luck - our best wishes are always with you bro.

I can't wait to see the slit gong!

gap, et al.

T

Thanks, Blackfish, for posting the pics of the club in it's new home!

The new pendant is fantastic and the drum - wow - something new to inspire us. Can't wait to see all the progress pics so I can try one! :)

B

Thanks everyone but as you can see, I'm not back Yet but should be soon. I'm thinking I may need to do the slit drum in Mahogany, this one is split Way more than I expected.

B

Hey, I'll be back carving before you know it,,, Soon.

Aloha BEN!!!!!!!!!!
I hope your back and feelin better real soon my friend! I miss seeing your carving Masterpieces. Aloha your friend, Mooney

B

Hope you are feeling better! One of the few things that helps get me through my work day is coming here to watch all the great artists create stuff.... you being one of the true masters!

I received my two pendants today and gotta say....they look even better in person!! Can't wait to sport them at Oasis next year. Thanks Ben!!!

T

You always do amazing stuff. I´m really enjoying every single of your step-by-step guide. It already helped me a lot to understand.
And thanks for the info ´bout poly,although I did not ask. Always wondered, what that could be. I will try to find out if there is something similiar here in germany.

Get well soon.

tok-tok

Benz! really like the new stuff! cool new little guys you got there.

H
harro posted on Wed, Oct 31, 2007 7:01 AM

hi Ben,

well once again I've been absent for a while and had to do a bit of catchup reading - I'm so sorry to hear about your health and that you haven't been able to carve as much as you'd like to. I really hope its something you can get over quickly and get back to carving and showing us all here how to do it properly!

best wishes,
harro

G
GMAN posted on Wed, Oct 31, 2007 9:45 AM

Hey Big Dogg,

We need ya back soon. You feeling better? Do you have any cool stuff brewing? It's not the same here without ya.

-G

hi ben. i hope you're feeling better. my arthritis and back have been kickin' my ass too.

Hey Ben!
just sending some good mana your way. I love your latest pieces (that club is really off da hook!). I'm looking forward to seeing what you'll do with that drum.
I hope you feel top o' the world soon!

Polynesiac - putting the "F" back in "ART"

[ Edited by: Polynesiac 2007-10-31 13:42 ]

Everybody needs to close thier eyes and believe...imagine warm happy florida thoughts...deep in your heart...okay...everybody now, chant...benz...benz...benz...benz...benz...benz...benz...benz...
benz...benz...benz...benz...benz...benz...benz...benz...benz...benz...benz...benz...benz...benz...
benz...benz...benz...benz...benz...benz...benz...benz...benz...benz...benz...benz...benz...benz...
benz...benz...benz...benz...benz...benz...benz...benz...

Get well soon! :D

Don't rush back too soon Benz, make sure you're physically well first and foremost.
Can't wait to see ya back fit n' ready!

S

Im really missing Ben.

G
GMAN posted on Wed, Oct 31, 2007 5:40 PM

Bring it! We want BENZART!

R
Robin posted on Wed, Oct 31, 2007 6:58 PM

On 2007-10-31 17:08, seeksurf wrote:
Im really missing Ben.

Me too. Hi Ben. Feel better.

B

Well well well, Greetings faithful followers, I'm Really Really sorry that I have not been hanging around as per my normal self. For what ever reasons, I am feeling a Little tiny bit better now, It started today around 2 or 3 O'clock, I Just felt like picking up the chisels and making a few chips fly. Now I finally sign on to TC and can see where the energy came from. Mahalo's to all involved thanks a thousand times.
Mooney tiki started it by coming over yesterday with a ton of tiki cheer, Thanks Jimmy, I Needed that my friend.

You too Blowfish, thanks for the kind words.

Flat Earth Trading, Happy you liked them, I was proud to do them.

Tok-tok hopefully I'll be posting more step by step pictures soon. Thanks for the well-wishes.

Tiki Duddy, glad you're still around, thanks for the kindness and for liking my new stuff!

Hey Haoor, Thanks for the props, I just hope I can live up to your expectations and "Show us how to do it Properly"!!!I will show you as best as I can, be it proper or not is another story. Thanks Mate

GMAN, Thanks for the kind words, and I AM Feeling a tad bit better. Do I have any Cool stuff Brewing?? You bet and I have some I can Show you for now and some you Can't see for awhile, I'm sorry I haven't been here for you, but I think I'll be around a bit more for awhile any way. Thanks My Friend.

Kingsey,,Welcome to my place and I AM Feeling better,. I went to the Pain Center today and they said ALL the patients have had a really BAD month and that it's because of the bad,Miserable , rainy weather we have been experiencing and it is Murder for arthritis sufferers, you been getting rained on? or standing under a fire hose spray?? Hopefully you'll be feeling better soon too. Thanks for being here.

Poly, hey hey, welcome to my thread, nice to see you around here!I appreciate the Mana and good words, thanks. The drum might not make it as it is really split up too bad but No worries becu=ause I have another log that will work Jes fine!Thanks!

T-Jonesey, thanks for all the "benz'es" today! It was about 5:00 (est) when I started feeling strong enough to go to my shop in the garage and do some work. Thats 2 o"clock your time I think! Thanks Big time.!!!

Surfintiki, Thanks, I Wasn't planning on Rushing back to work too soon but today I had this urge to go to the garage and some Ancients showed up and Pushed me out the door and Locked it behind me and I couldn't leave, so I figured I was there and I might as well do something. I'm not back "fit n'ready but I'm back after a fashion at least.

SeekSurf, Thanks for missing Ben, I'll llet him know.. :lol:

GMAN, I'll bring a little of it, THANKS!

Robin, Thanks too, I really appreciate the calls and love.!1

Well I DID get out to the garage and worked a bit today.
First I chipped away on this old LONO that I MUST finish soon.

Then I gathered a club for Bullet and a couple Moai for Danlovestiki

then my new socks showed up, pretty Huh?

Tomorrow I will go out and work a little more but not a whole lot.
Thanks everyone!

B

Happy to see you back on your feet, despite those socks! Looking forward to seeing the above projects get chipped away on.

J

YAY! Benz is Back! Good to see you around again! Can't wait to see what you've got up your sock ... er... sleeve! :wink:

C

Sock it to me Ben! The carving thread has life again, Ben is back!

B
Babalu posted on Thu, Nov 1, 2007 5:11 AM

YEAH! I second what Conga said!

G
GMAN posted on Thu, Nov 1, 2007 6:58 AM

Oh man, Oh man did I need that! Thanks for the pics Benz - and the footz shot! Glad to see they didn't remove your sense of humor yet :wink:

Glad to have you back online.

-G

H
harro posted on Thu, Nov 1, 2007 7:22 AM

Allright!!! Welcome back Ben!! that there's some tasty looking stuff on your workbench too!!

Socks and sandals seems to be the latest trend amongst the happening "tiki guys" these days huh?

cheers.

Good to see you back. Looks like theres a lot on the work bench - can't wait to see them finished.

H
haikai posted on Thu, Nov 1, 2007 8:32 AM

Hey Benzart, I´m also happy that you are back! :) :) :)
I sending energy and mana of the european tiki gods to you. :tiki:
Belief me, I arrange this. :wink:

Greetings, Kai

B

Big THANKS to everyone, Blowfish, jenTiki, CongaTiki, Babalu, GMAN, Harro, AlohaStation and HaiKai, I Really appreciate the kindness and caring that you have sent me, it really helps. That is all except the fun with the foot/leg pictures, you guys really know how to hurt a guy when he's down, :lol: :lol: :lol:
I was able to work a bit more today and the Maori Club got the nod along with a piece of pewter that has been on my mind for awhile now. I just shaped it and smoothed it down and polished it up a bit and as of yet I'm not sure where I'll go with it next. As for the club, I just shaped it around the edges and sanded it down to 100 grit. For the pictures I rubbed it down with Mineral Spirits to show the color in this Beautiful piece of wood.

Thanks again, Enjoy!

J

Welcome back Ben, I hope this is a trend that continues. Been missing your talent!
JP

P
Paipo posted on Thu, Nov 1, 2007 1:00 PM

Damn, just missed you in shout! I'm so glad to see you're back into it and getting some energy back. I have also put in a formal request to the New Zealand Tiki gods & ancients to aid your recovery, and sacrificed (ate) a pig (pork steak) for this purpose.

G
GMAN posted on Thu, Nov 1, 2007 4:11 PM

"and sacrificed a pig for this purpose"

Me too (x4)! Snort!

-G

S

Yea benz back! I looking FWD to seeing more of that old LONO.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 1583 replies