Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Carving

BenZart...MaoriChief, Glass pendant Update Today

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 1,583 replies

C

Amazing!!!! Very very inspired! It's alive!! And kicking hard :D !!

T

You know, what i´m thinking of? Lord of the rings. I wonder if it´s more gollum or more smeagol? ......My Precious....
That is a really nice piece of art. Will you keep it?
tok-tok

B

Thanks Ben, Thanks Pappy! Thanks Clarita TOO!
Thanks TokTok, Gollum??? Smeagol?? Yes they could Definitely be there I LOVE those Guyz too. Maybe Next time??? Thanks.

Killer Hei tiki! The eyes are perfect.He so reptilian. The stripes in the wood have finished up nice too. Great job.

[ Edited by: AlienTiki 2007-11-17 22:33 ]

That piece is wickedly sweet, beautiful finnesed lines on him, the flame like shapes remind me of hot rods...

J

On 2007-11-16 12:59, Benzart wrote:

Ben's back with a vengeance, this is stunning!

Awesome work! The detail, the inlay, the design, the little fingers, and especially that tongue, are simply outstanding.

Wait...Who is that?...Is it Grizzly Adams?...Is it Obi Wan Kenobi?...Is it Kenny Rogers?...No!

It's Benzart!!
:D

On 2007-11-18 05:50, finkdaddy wrote:
Awesome work! The detail, the inlay, the design, the little fingers, and especially that tongue, are simply outstanding.

Wait...Who is that?...Is it Grizzly Adams?...Is it Obi Wan Kenobi?...Is it Kenny Rogers?...No!

It's Benzart!!
:D

WTF?

B

Thanks AlienTiki and you too Sneakytiki, I appreciate the kind words!

JohnnyP, Yes I'm Baack but I'm not sure about any Vengeance. Thanks.

And YOU Too Finky, Thanks for the comps and Yes that is Grizzly here helping me out a bit.

And here's to The Revrend BambooBen the Third himself, FTW?
Hey Benny, How 'ya Doin'

Here is the tiki done and framed

myspace

[ Edited by: Benzart 2007-11-19 08:02 ]

R

That is a really great piece Ben...

B

Masterpieceful masterpiecy, sir.

Benjamin.

M

Schweet stuff there Ben. As always, if you have no home for him, he can be sheltered here in a loving and very Tikified home.

Mahalo

McTiki

H

Beautiful piece Ben - I can't stop staring at those creepy eyes!!

Good to hear you are back on the tools and with all those whiskers the wood has no choice but to obey all of the elders' commands :lol: :lol:

cheers,
harro
PS I forgot to tell you that i when i was back home in Australia recently the TC benzart set had arrived from Tiki Farm - it's a brilliant set and will proudly be displayed in my tiki bar one day!!

B
Bete posted on Mon, Nov 19, 2007 5:31 PM

Very cool looking piece, it turned out very nice.

H
hewey posted on Mon, Nov 19, 2007 6:39 PM

Awesome work Ben, a great take on the hei tiki form. Definitely Gollum, he's positively evil and canniving! :D :D :D

H

WOW! What a JEWEL! That wood is stunning too.
Brad

S

Very Nice Benz. That eye is too much! The box case ain't bad ether.

Terrible. Call that a Hei-tiki? The only way that thing could ever become a Hei-tiki is if you sent it straight to me and let me wear it, and never take it off.. Cos its amazing, and I love it.. and I wish my tikis looked so good.. Too cool a character to be stuck on the wall in fact; despite the nice job youve made of framing him I hope someday he gets the chance to 'hei'..

You rule supreme - top skills. top bloke.

T :)

G
GMAN posted on Tue, Nov 20, 2007 5:14 AM

"You rule supreme - top skills. Top bloke."

Agreed, Ben's a Carving Ganksta

H

This last piece looks just fab. Glad you are ok Ben, I like the beard also. :)

L
Loki posted on Tue, Nov 20, 2007 8:00 AM

Hey Benzo, That lil' guy looks great. Hope all is well.

Yep. "Masterpiece" comes to my mind too.

B

Thanks Robin and you too Ben
McTiki thank you too, sorry he has a home across the border in Ol' Mexico. He Really wanted to go there, maybe something he wasn't telling me he was running from??

Harro thanks, but you had better Stop staring at the eyes else you'll never be the same,, Something about the reason he's heading/hiding in Mexico? :lol: Show us your tiki bar?

Thanks Bete

Hewey, I think you're right aboutGollum, Thanks.

Thanks again Howland

Thanks Seeker, The special box is all the way from China, Specially made for him. :lol:

Tama thank you, I Knew you would see through his cover ! ;0 . I'm sure if he wasn't going down south that he would have been a large pendant. Thanks for the Too Kind words, Make me blush. Really great to see you here again!

GMAN Thanks I Think,,Gangsta?

Hiltiki, thanks, nice to see you. The Beard? I just got Lazy..

Hey Loki, Thanks, nice to see you too, say hi to Stumpgrinder. When are we having another So Flo Tiki Jam?

Pappy, not sure about that but Thanks

B

One word, AWESOME ! BUFFBAD

C

YES! amazing really!! love him!! Congrats!

B

Big Thanks BUFFBAD and You too Clarita :lol:
Sherry and I are visiting our Son in Alabama for a few daze so no carving for a bit, but I
ll Still check everything out!
Happy Thanksgiving Everyone.
Happy!Happy!Happy!

B

Look at those crazy wicked fingers! I think I saw that guy disappearing under my bed one night.

Great job as usual, Ben!

R

Hey Ben...you back? Whatcha working on? I'm missing my Benzart fix!

BEN!
Saw this on your mySpace and just had to come to TC to investigate further!
WOW... The grains,the movement,the reptillian vibe,the mother of pearl teeth and eyes...Wondrous!!!
The final presentation is perfect with the bamboo behind it....Super Fabbo Job!
Incredible! Thanks for inspiring all of us!

TD

magnificent masterpieces, mr. master carver benz!

G
GMAN posted on Tue, Dec 4, 2007 7:07 PM

Hey Benzo,

Sorry I haven't been in touch. How are ya? Have you been able to work at all...at least on things you can show us? How goes the fight, man?

-G$

B

Thanks everyone for all the kind words.
Haven't been able to carve Anything for the past couple a weeks, maybe soon.Thanks!

H
hewey posted on Tue, Dec 4, 2007 10:07 PM

Look after yourself mate :D

B

Thanks Hewey, I'm OK and will be around a bit more in the next few days. Just for fun and the challenge, I'm trying to figure out how to do a Full 3D version of that last piece I did. Also I have a decent sized job coming up which must be kept under wraps for awhile so don't ask to see it.

G
GMAN posted on Thu, Dec 13, 2007 7:57 PM

"so don't ask to see it"

Can we see it?

On 2007-12-13 19:57, GMAN wrote:
"so don't ask to see it"

Can we see it?

:lol: :lol: :lol:

B

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I was wondering where in the heck you were. Also wondering what in the
heck you are gonna be working on. Let's see some cool stuff and put a little
fire in this place!

S

Ya, Benz is back! and has a carving in store.

Hum a 3D little devil?

B

Happy happy happy.

R
Robin posted on Fri, Dec 14, 2007 7:52 PM

YAHOO.....you gotta let us see it now. No teasing!

Ben I can't wait to see the 3-D. Your work is always an inspiration to me, and probably most of us.

B

Well, BIG Thanks to everyone for all the kind words. I wasn't going to post this yet because it is stillm in the Trial or experimental stage and may well end up in the "Holding box of 80", Banished to some future time when I can figure it out. He is 5" tall and the wood is Curly Maple. Hopefully you can make out what it is.

Bart Simpson?
Jessica Simpson?
OJ's glove?
I'm just being stupid...nice to see you back!

G
GMAN posted on Tue, Dec 18, 2007 4:22 PM

:-?

Indian Corn?

-G

S

Peanut Brittle?

G - "OJ's glove" :)

B

A future Masterpiece ?

Benjamin.

H

On 2007-12-13 19:57, GMAN wrote:
"so don't ask to see it"

Can we see it?

How about now? :P

Just kidding, I hope you don't banish the little guy to the box. He might get upset and take it out on your local farm animals. :lol:

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 1583 replies