Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Central Ohana

Where is Humuhumu????

Pages: 1 20 replies

Has anyone seen Humuhumu?

I have emailed her numerous times from her various websites for weeks with no reply.

Robert Drasnin has been trying to contact her as well. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers and Mahalo,
Jeff

i know that she's been working in comics lately... i'm not kidding...

http://www.tikiavengers.com/pdf%20files/wayofthemug.pdf

G
GROG posted on Thu, Aug 16, 2007 8:27 AM

You can usually find humuhumus off the coasts of Hawaii. Hope that helps.

We saw her at The Big Ol Tiki Bash on July 21st :)

J

I saw her at Forbidden Island last night. Ask her about the latest adventures of her bacon costume.

T

I know where she is not at. I really enjoy reading the HUmu blog, kinda like a small polished sample of TC, and it hasn't been update in the longest of time. June 26 was the last and that was two months ago.

She was a no-show for both Hukilau and Oasis this year.

Humuhumu? Are you out there?

Hope all is well.

J

Humuhumu is alive and well, at least she was last Wednesday. She's a busy gal folks.

I miss her updates immensely.

But no pressure Humuhumu.

I hesitated posting here, not knowing anything of her life and schedule, and not wanting to be a pain, but I decided to post because it's never a bad thing to let someone know their work is appreciated.

A
Al-ii posted on Wed, Aug 22, 2007 4:42 PM

You needn't worry my fuzzy little forest friends,
For Humu is the wind. She is in the sound of the rain and the light of the sunset. She is eternal and forever. She is all warmth and beauty. Yes my alcoholic kittens, she is 95 lbs worth of pure undiluted partying machine, ounce for ounce more powerful than any drunken college frat boys.

When a baby is hungry, she'll be there. When a guys gettin' beat up by a guy with a pickax handle, she'll be there.... Oh!! Wait!! That's not Humu.That's Tom Joad from "Grapes of Wrath". Sorry. As sure as Grenadine will turn any drink pink, Humu will brighten the day of Tiki files everywhere. Yes my Tribe Named Rehab, like the Dude, Humu abides. Like the Pyramid at Cheops, Humu endures. Like the .... Wait a minute......What's that???..Oh!!! Really...Ok we found her she was under a barstool at the Tonga Room. Mystery solved!!!!

Perhaps she has been here all the time, but standing sideways.

:wink:

..sb

M
Moki posted on Wed, Aug 22, 2007 8:32 PM

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Still no sign of the elusive Humuhumu :(

Bob Drasnin has a signed CD for her but he has been unable to contact her for the last 6 months!!

Oh well,
Jeff

I have been missing her too, but figured she must be busy. I bet the CD will make it to her somehow. Take care Humu X2. :)

V

I just saw a photo of her wearing her bacon costume in the Halloween special edition of MAKE magazine. Not that that helps you any...

Okay, so where did she go? Any news yet?

Take your pick:

1)Kidnapped by space aliens.
2)Blown away by strong Santa Ana winds.
3)Working undercover for Homeland Security.
4)Undergoing gender re-assignment surgery.
5)Joined a religious cult that forbids internet access.
6)Eaten by bears.
7)Moved on.

S

I would probably learn more towards "swamped with work and life"

Suzanne

On 2007-08-22 16:42, Al-ii wrote:
When a guys gettin' beat up by a guy with a pickax handle, she'll be there....

Nope, I tried that & she didn't show up.

I think she fell between the cracks.....and disappeared!

H

On 2007-08-22 16:42, Al-ii wrote:
You needn't worry ... like the Dude, Humu abides.

Indeed! Fuck it. Let's go bowling.

Pages: 1 20 replies